Obstructed cabin 6206

sandlings

Hi we are sailing on the Celebrity Solstice on 11th May 2012 Mediterranean. We have an obstructed cabin 6206. Has anybody done this before and how obstructed is it?

Edited by sandlings

You can't look down and see water. If you look out, you see the life boat. You can learn to look past the life boat. We got over the obstruction and enjoyed the cruise.

I was in 6208 on Eclipse and posted some photos in a thread if you do a search for me.

• 4 years later...
You can't look down and see water. If you look out, you see the life boat. You can learn to look past the life boat. We got over the obstruction and enjoyed the cruise.

I was in 6208 on Eclipse and posted some photos in a thread if you do a search for me.

I just booked 6208 fro April's transatlantic. Can you link your post here?

I stayed in 6210 before ... and 6240 as well ... no objectionable obstruction in either cabin.

Why I mention this is because when I was searching under 6210, you will see photos of what 6208 looks like.....also not too bad. 6206 has more of an obstruction ... in fact, a lifeboat right in front of your balcony.

To me, not a big deal unless it is a rough seas cruise and people from up above get sick off the side of their balcony. It's happened ... it's yuk! Other than that, I did not find the obstruction too objectionable.

I stayed in 6210 before ... and 6240 as well ... no objectionable obstruction in either cabin.

Why I mention this is because when I was searching under 6210, you will see photos of what 6208 looks like.....also not too bad. 6206 has more of an obstruction ... in fact, a lifeboat right in front of your balcony.

To me, not a big deal unless it is a rough seas cruise and people from up above get sick off the side of their balcony. It's happened ... it's yuk! Other than that, I did not find the obstruction too objectionable.

I love 6210 - book every time if it's available. Nothing like a big balcony....

We spent 35 days in 6206 last year. The Tender comes up just above the deck and as already been said stops one from looking straight down but that is pretty much the same with all balccony cabins. The only time we found it intrusive is when some staff were working on the tender early one morning. It just meant that we had to be careful about what we were wearing. A very comfortable ride, easy access to the aft lifts and little noise coming from passing traffic in the hallways. We would use this cabin again for the right price

Here's an old post by Infi with links to their video of 6204 (2 cabins forward of 6208).

The first video is of the cabin, but the second video is of the balcony, and even though it's not of 6208, it might help you picture what the obstructed view is about. You can even see the 6208 balcony when she pans right :)

My daughter took that video of our cabin on Solstice. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYmXS1ovOWQ

There's also another video, just of the balcony if you're interested in that one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYWRQw7FUXM

The obstruction is not that bad, as you can see, but you won't be able to look straight down to the ocean as in some of the other balconies. All you'll see is the Promenade deck. Ours didn't have one of the lifeboat davits you mentioned, just a lifeboat in front of it, so your view might vary. I'd book one of these cabins again.

Edited to add: The original OP was asking about the Solstice, and the post I mentioned above with the videos are of the Solstice. But re-reading through I see the second post was for the Eclipse, so you will need to keep that in mind. Sorry!

Edited by SeaHunt