Most traveled luncheon

bcnvcanada

I guess I havee been lucky. I went to my first luncheon when I only had about 100 days. But after a coiuple of cruises after that when I wasn't invited, my wife & I have been invited to at least 12 luncheon's and 3 cocktail parties; in the last 15 or so cruises we were not invited 4 cruises ago when I had about 210 days. I now have 273 days and going on the Crown this friday and hoping to get invited. My wife & I just turned 50 a couple of weeks ago, so we are usually the youngest by far (unless a parent takes child or a may-december couple); but always have a good time talking with others and eating great food.

Harvey

We've only gone twice, but both times I was the youngest or close to it among the passengers who attended. We don't care; in fact, we've become friends with some of the most traveled passengers (1000+ days) who all have 20 or 30 years on me. I love to listen to their travel stories.

On one Celebrity cruise 7 years ago we were the most traveled, and, we heard from others later, it caused quite a stir among some of the older passengers when we were publicly showered with roses, champagne and gifts.

I really don't have an evil bone in my body, but I LOVED hearing that!

In our case, it came up in conversation over lunch that they were not a "couple". They met when assigned to the same table for dinner. Seems like she volunteerd the info, as she was excited to be invited.

Was this recent and on the Caribbean Princess? We had the same situation at the luncheon there a couple of weeks ago. I was invited. My sister was traveling with me and was also invited even though she just made platinum and I did not ask the circle hostess to include her. We were at the captain's table along with the couple who were the most traveled. I was third most traveled. The man who was second was traveling solo and brought a woman who was at his table for dinner. She was very open about not having nearly enough days to be invited on her own.

Was this recent and on the Caribbean Princess? We had the same situation at the luncheon there a couple of weeks ago. I was invited. My sister was traveling with me and was also invited even though she just made platinum and I did not ask the circle hostess to include her. We were at the captain's table along with the couple who were the most traveled. I was third most traveled. The man who was second was traveling solo and brought a woman who was at his table for dinner. She was very open about not having nearly enough days to be invited on her own.

In was in April on the Ocean Princess.

We've only gone twice, but both times I was the youngest or close to it among the passengers who attended.

We made the party on this last week's cruise in Alaska, with 105 days. I'd have to guess we were numbers 39 and 40 on the list, because we were by far the youngest people in the room, probably by a good 20+ years. I actually thought the invitation was for the regular captain's circle party initially until I read it more closely and realized that a) it was for the wrong day and b) that it talked about most traveled passengers. They did the cocktail party for this cruise.

I'm guessing we're not going to experience that again any time soon.

I think on this cruise there were only about 470 returning passengers (the next week I heard the number as going to be about 510).

We made the party on this last week's cruise in Alaska, with 105 days. I'd have to guess we were numbers 39 and 40 on the list, because we were by far the youngest people in the room, probably by a good 20+ years.

You did well. I was on the Sapphire a few weeks ago with my mom and my mom didn't clear with 170 days for either cruise. She did come with me as my guest.

We made the party on this last week's cruise in Alaska, with 105 days. I'd have to guess we were numbers 39 and 40 on the list, because we were by far the youngest people in the room, probably by a good 20+ years. I actually thought the invitation was for the regular captain's circle party initially until I read it more closely and realized that a) it was for the wrong day and b) that it talked about most traveled passengers. They did the cocktail party for this cruise.

I'm guessing we're not going to experience that again any time soon.

I think on this cruise there were only about 470 returning passengers (the next week I heard the number as going to be about 510).

I had a similar experience on an Alaskan cruise with only 175 days being #7 for a cocktail party. I've heard that a Panama Canal cruise is another destination where there are less high time repeat passengers. That wasn't the situation in April because with 115 elite passengers our 224 days weren't enough to be invited. Oh well, it sure is fun cruising & if we ever get invited to a lunch that will be a bonus! :)

I had a similar experience on an Alaskan cruise with only 175 days being #7 for a cocktail party. I've heard that a Panama Canal cruise is another destination where there are less high time repeat passengers. That wasn't the situation in April because with 115 elite passengers our 224 days weren't enough to be invited. Oh well, it sure is fun cruising & if we ever get invited to a lunch that will be a bonus! :)

I'm not sure why that would be true since the 10 and 14 day cruises would probable attract the older cruisers with higher numbers of cruise days - Not that I have anything to back up my feelings but we'll see next cruise for sure.

I'm not sure why that would be true since the 10 and 14 day cruises would probable attract the older cruisers with higher numbers of cruise days - Not that I have anything to back up my feelings but we'll see next cruise for sure.

It probably is a "destination cruise" sort of like Alaska where it attracts people who would not normally cruise but really wants to see the area and a cruise is the best way (or affordable way). Tahiti cruises were similar - it attracted a lot of people who couldn't afford to stay at hotels in the area but really wanted to see the area.

Never been to Panama Canal but that would be my guess.

I based it on statements from a very experienced career TA who has also worked in sales & marketing for a cruise line & knows much more than me. :rolleyes:

It probably is a "destination cruise" sort of like Alaska where it attracts people who would not normally cruise but really wants to see the area and a cruise is the best way (or affordable way). Tahiti cruises were similar - it attracted a lot of people who couldn't afford to stay at hotels in the area but really wanted to see the area.

Never been to Panama Canal but that would be my guess.

When my TA was a District Sales Manager for one of the top luxury cruise lines she would tempt me with Panama Canal cruises. Due to less passenger demand the price for a Canal cruise was reduced to entice premium cruise line passengers to step up to their luxury cruise. I never did it because the price was still significantly higher than on Princess & maybe I didn't want to get spoiled on a luxury cruise which was out of my price range. :p

Yes P&O UK used to count 50% of the Princess days into their Portunus club but no longer They stopped a couple of months ago I gave them information about my Princess cruise in March and thjey said that they would accept this one but then no more as they had stopped accepting Princess.

However I don't think Princess have stopped accepting either of the P&O's days for the Captains Circle club. That may be the next thing to go

Not worried about P&O not accepting Princess days as long as Princess continue to accept P&O days, especially as we are getting ever closer to the elusive Elite cards and might make it after our 45 days on Aurora next January:D

On our recent Panama Canal cruise the most traveled passengers had 2324 days with Princess. :eek: Second most traveled had 900++. Numbers were very high for that cruise. So would have to disagree with whoever told you there are less high time repeat passengers on the Panama route. We did get invited, but were down on the numbers list.

On our recent Panama Canal cruise the most traveled passengers had 2324 days with Princess. :eek: Second most traveled had 900++. Numbers were very high for that cruise. So would have to disagree with whoever told you there are less high time repeat passengers on the Panama route. We did get invited, but were down on the numbers list.

Wow...based on your experience and mine on the Island demographics on Princess have changed. Apparently those with the flexibility to take a last-minute cruise at a great rate sailed on our repo cruises from Fort Lauderdale to LA & some to Vancouver. Maybe there's a younger demographics on the 10 day round-trip Ft. Lauderdale cruises than on a full Canal transit.

On our recent Panama Canal cruise the most traveled passengers had 2324 days with Princess. :eek:
:eek: is right. I've never met anyone with nearly that many days except for Mrs. Arzt. It really is quite astounding. DH and I figured out last year that we'd need to cruise 100 days a year for over 6 years just to break 1000, and we met lots of people with more than that who are still cruising 150 or so days a year. 2324 is really pretty much living on a ship, isn't it?

:eek: is right. I've never met anyone with nearly that many days except for Mrs. Arzt. It really is quite astounding. DH and I figured out last year that we'd need to cruise 100 days a year for over 6 years just to break 1000, and we met lots of people with more than that who are still cruising 150 or so days a year. 2324 is really pretty much living on a ship, isn't it?

i prefer variety and therefor cruise on various lines and ships. i am sure if I added them all up it would come to over 1000 days. For me the reward is the cruise and any perks are just icing on the cake.

~Doris~

Archived