How to check the HAL website to see which cabins are booked and which are not?

edmusic

I see lots of posts from time to time where folks say that on the website they see certain cabins are booked while other cabins are still vacant and available. How do I check that on the HAL website for my particular cruise? I am booked with an OV guarantee.

A better web site to check is the one famous for their "gnome."

Recently I have noticed some changes with the HAL booking site, and you can see more cabin available info on the HAL site. I haven't recently checked the site you are referring to Sue, as I got all the info I needed from the HAL site.

The site Sue is referring to frequently only has listed a small number of cabins available, usually up to 6. When I was planning our upcoming booking almost a month ago, on the HAL website, I got to see availability in at least 10 (which is almost all) of the cabins in the category we booked. That was plenty for me, so didn't look at that other site.

Recently I have noticed some changes with the HAL booking site, and you can see more cabin available info on the HAL site. I haven't recently checked the site you are referring to Sue, as I got all the info I needed from the HAL site.

The site Sue is referring to frequently only has listed a small number of cabins available, usually up to 6. When I was planning our upcoming booking almost a month ago, on the HAL website, I got to see availability in at least 10 (which is almost all) of the cabins in the category we booked. That was plenty for me, so didn't look at that other site.

Thanks for the update on HALs website. I'll go have a peak tomorrow as I need a cruise sooner than later:D

A dummy booking is a great way to see if specific cabins you're interested in are available.

But don't make assumptions about how booked up the cruise is. When you use a dummy booking to check cabin availability, it may look like there are lots of cabins available. This may or may not mean that the cruise has lots of availability. There is no way to know how many guarantee passengers have yet to be assigned. So one day you may think it's wide open and then HAL starts to slot the guarantees and you discover it wasn't so wide open after all.

Thanks for the update on HALs website. I'll go have a peak tomorrow as I need a cruise sooner than later:D

Normally HAL will show only a certain number of cabins for availability, if you want, on your dummy booking, you can plug in actual state room numbers (can be time consuming) to see if they are available or not:)

Archived