How to find out how many ships in port?

tropicslady

I have seen in some posts where the OP knows how many ships will be in port the day they will be visiting. That way, you can generalize how crowded the beaches may be, etc. for that particular day.

How do you find that info? (# of ships in port?)

Thanks!!

Knowing how many ships may port at the same time really doesn't predict how crowded anything will be. The ports only accept what they can handle...and each sailing is different, as far as what the passengers may be looking to do.

Really and truly...it will not adversely affect your good time...no matter HOW many ships dock that day!

I agree -- cruise tt is the porest site as they have so many errors and never correct or update anything.

Even though no site is 100% accurate -- I do like cruisetimetables the best. They will even give you the time a ship is to be port so you can get an idea of when other ships will be arriving and leaving.

That's because CruiseTT is a DEAD SITE. It has not been maintained since March 2011.

I will somewhat disagree with a previous poster that the number of ships in port will adversely affect your good time. It was most enjoyable to be the only ship in port say at St. Thomas - but it totally sucked to be there with 4 other ships (talk about grid lock). Remember, most of these ports also have resorts, so many tourists are already in the area. IMO, yes - you will still have a good time on the cruise - but too many ships in port is frustrating unless you like wall to wall people where ever you go and can make for a bad time in port.

Archived