Cruise Cost has come down

Hi all, we booked our cruse on RCI website (Adventure of Seas Departing Malaga on 19May) I was pondering on their website this evening and to my amazement the cost of cruise has come down by €200.

What are peoples reccomendations for me. I have NOT read RCI T&C's. Any advice would be great

Thanks

Joe

yes they are having some really good deals

i had one booked for may (majesty) had to cancel

but went back saw they deals and rebooked

that saved me a couple of hundred dollars

it really helps to monitor the rccl board and their rates

Hi all, we booked our cruse on RCI website (Adventure of Seas Departing Malaga on 19May) I was pondering on their website this evening and to my amazement the cost of cruise has come down by €200.

What are peoples reccomendations for me. I have NOT read RCI T&C's. Any advice would be great

Thanks

Joe

Rules vary by country but I think you can still get an OBC for the difference. In the US, we can no longer get the difference in OBC after final payment. Hopefully, someone on your side of the pond will reply soon.:)

The way I understand things, once you have made final payment, there are no refunds or anything else.

However, some have posted here that they have called and received some onboard credit. It's probably worth a phone call to find out if you can get anything from Royal.

The way I understand things, once you have made final payment, there are no refunds or anything else.

However, some have posted here that they have called and received some onboard credit. It's probably worth a phone call to find out if you can get anything from Royal.

Rules are different for the OP who lives across the pond.

Thanks

Joe

Hi Kilkenny we booked a cruise for last october and we had paid our final balance but 6 weeks before the cruise i checked the price dropped by £800, i booked through a very well known TA and when i phone i was told that £775 would be refunded to my account which it duly was 4 days later. we have booked again for this september and we paid the full balance when booking and i keep hoping it will drop again, phone and ask for a refund

Since it is Tuesday, it could be a Tuesday only sale open for new bookings only. Check the prices tomorrow and see if they are the same as today. i noticed some big price drops on our Serenade of the Seas sailing on May 29 today and hope they are not the Tuesday only sales. There are a lot of cabins still available and I'd love to get an upgrade if they are open for upgrades.

Mary Anne

Thanks for all the information. Can anyone pm the best no to contact RCI

Ta

0844 493 4005 (open Mon - Fri 8.30am to 9pm, Sat 9am to 6pm, Sun 10am to 5pm)

You don't have to worry about it being a Tuesday Sale price as the UK/Ireland doesn't have Tuesday Sale....but it may be for "new bookings only" the lower price but give them a call.

Good luck.

UK/Ireland RCCL guests do not get OBC when there is a price drop...they get a refund..even after final payment.

On Mariner 16 May. Have a flight package that was changed giving us 9 hour delay inRome on return home which RCI flight dept refuse to change. Friday cost of D2 stateroom reduced from £1218 TO £854. Phoned TA who contacted RCI and told new bookings only. Phoned ourselves via C&A and also told new bookings only!!!!! Seems no consistancy very disappointed we are loyal customers Diamond +

On Mariner 16 May. Have a flight package that was changed giving us 9 hour delay inRome on return home which RCI flight dept refuse to change. Friday cost of D2 stateroom reduced from £1218 TO £854. Phoned TA who contacted RCI and told new bookings only. Phoned ourselves via C&A and also told new bookings only!!!!! Seems no consistancy very disappointed we are loyal customers Diamond +

Sorry you were not able to take advantage of the price drop which was available only for new bookings :(

Seems pretty consistant to me. Price was for new bookings only so did not apply to you. Unfortunate but not inconsistant at all.

Was the flight change due to RCL or the airline?

Everytime I go into the RCCl website to "book" any cruise, it says at the bottom for new bookings only. If that is the case, how is it that people can get price drops or upgrades? My Med. cruise has D2"s at $1499 per person right now. We are in an E3 that we booked when the bookings became available last April. It went for $1699 per person. I tried to upgrade today as it is on the website and was told the prices were for new bookings only from my TA. We are past final payment, so can only upgrade if at all. I am happy with the cabins we have, but thought it would be nice to have slightly larger ones on the AFT of the ship. There appears to be a lot of cabins still available. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mary Anne

Archived