What is your favorite moment of a cruise?

We love the moment when you first inhale that "cruise smell". It's the same smell on all the RCI ships (not so much the Celebrity ones). We take a big sniff as we exit the boarding ramp and go, "Ahhhh, it's a cruise". We board with a dreamy smile on our faces.

What's your moment?

I could read this thread over and over and over.... :D

Our favorite moment of a cruise has to do with everytime you get off the ship you walk around in port realising that whenever you want to, you can return and just walk onto the ship... And then when you do, someone is standing there saying :"welcome back" or "welcome home" :) ! I have to admit that even when we plan not to get off in a port to go sightseeing or so, we get off anyway, then just take a walk for 15 minutes, just to be able to hear the welcome (ok, and the "ding" as well) when we get back on board:D

Our favorite moment of a cruise has to do with everytime you get off the ship you walk around in port realising that whenever you want to, you can return and just walk onto the ship... And then when you do, someone is standing there saying :"welcome back" or "welcome home" :) ! I have to admit that even when we plan not to get off in a port to go sightseeing or so, we get off anyway, then just take a walk for 15 minutes, just to be able to hear the welcome (ok, and the "ding" as well) when we get back on board:D

Love it. :)

ok, this might sound nuts but i feel like i can relax when i see my luggage outside the cabin door.....:D

and after a long hot day of sightseeing, going to the windjammer and getting an ice cream cone and watch as we leave port

and sitting on the balcony in the middle of the night watching the stars and hearing the swish of the wake, as long as it's not interrupted by the chaos of someone jumping overboard (yes, it's happened)

Weare on our first ever cruise, with our two teenage daughters, in JUly. This thread has made me think about lots I hadn't even considered. I am beginning to get a little excited now!!!

:)

Have you joined your Roll Call?

This thread is perfect! It is getting me so excited for my trip in 25 days.

Best moments in the past:

-Waking up in the hotel in the morning to see the ship at the dock. I'm like a little kid staring at presents at Christmas.

-Stepping onto the ship.

-Seeing Allure up close for the first time.

-Stepping on the balcony.

-Sitting down to dinner on night one and ordering vidalia onion tart.

-Relaxing with a soft serve cone in my hand.

Looking forward to:

-Getting on a ship in a new port (Barcelona).

-Waking up in new ports.

M favorite moment on cruise is

When you stand on top deck to leave the ports.

Eating as much lobsters i can on that night even other foods as well.

Just look at water rather then land the people destroy(just kidding about destroy on land)

I like walking onto the ship and stepping off of the ramp, which basically symbolizes I'm on vacation! The bongs of the sea pass cards too get me all excited, one of my favourite sounds! Also, I really do love the first sail away, good photo opportunities, as well as a sense of the week to come!

My favorite moment of a vacation is when we arrived at the airport...that's when I really feel like vacation has started.

My favorite moment of a cruise is when I see the ship for the first time as we are driving towards the pier. Seeing it moored there, waiting on ME, makes me very happy because I know everything that comes next is going to be great!!

I love reading thru these, makes me feel like I am there!

What I found interesting about the posts, is how many of them are directly tied to our senses, the sights, smells, sounds etc. Not so much actually "doing" something. Keep them coming, I have 277 days more to dream!

The reason I LOVE cruising!! NOT doing. No work, no cleaning, no laundry, no cooking, no dishes, no phone, no responsibility ooooo 11 more months!!!

While this isn't cruise specific, my favorite time is when I have boarding pass in hand, through security, near the departure gate, in a lounge or a club sipping our first lovely adult beverage of vacation! After being delayed one too many times for blizzards, when we know we are on our way is the best ;)

Our last cruise, it was meeting my brother's family in New York before the Canadian cruise. The cruise part was just an added bonus LOL

My favorite part is when we just pull out of our driveway KNOWING we are on our way!! And then seeing the ship for the first time gets me all excited! As well as walking on the ship for that first time! Then getting that first cocktail as we sail away!!! Oh, and I LOVE hearing the ship sound it's horn as we pull away from port!! :p

First glimpse of ship like has been said .... then getting to the room and walking out to the balcony .... the first night breathing in the sea air and watching the waves and the stars from the balcony as we sail along .... and I love, absolutely get mesmerized watching the ship pull in and out of port .... but the rest of it's not bad either!:D

My favorite part is when we just pull out of our driveway KNOWING we are on our way!! And then seeing the ship for the first time gets me all excited! As well as walking on the ship for that first time! Then getting that first cocktail as we sail away!!! Oh, and I LOVE hearing the ship sound it's horn as we pull away from port!! :p

All wonderful moments!

Archived