What is your favorite moment of a cruise?

I love walking onto the ship, having the first lunch, even the first drink, but my REAL favorite is the moment after I've finished unpacking, finished the muster drill, and have finally gotten really settled in. When that's all done, then I can really relax.

As of this writing the MegaMillions (if your state participates) is approaching $200 million. I'm thinking "Owner's Suite."

If that happens I'm thinking a Cruise Critic theme cruise and the Royal Loft on Allure dude!:D

. . .

- When you see YOUR NAME on the SeaPass card they just handed you at check in

. . .

LOL. That is a great point. At that point you know there haven't been any last minute glitches, your credit card hasn't been compromised, your passport has not been mistakenly put on the watch list, you are not on any RCI blacklist for the events [that shall go unspecified] from previous cruises, you are officially in the cabin you expected [hopefully] and you are cleared to board.

I am not paranoid am I?

My other personal favorite is that first trip to the Windjammer. That is my personal "we have made it" moment. It is also where we typically meet folks we cruise with and haven't seen for a while.

We always stay at Pier 66 in a balcony overlooking the port.

Making note of that for my upcoming Allure cruise, I might splurge on the hotel and do just the same thing, I know I'll enjoy it.

Sailaway with something cold to drink in my hand and my family with me.

I just feel like the weight on my shoulders has disengaged. I have a very stressful job and am so thankful that I can get away and cruise.

There have been no wrong answers, just some that are more right! ;) This is one of them!

:pWhen I hear the deck band strike up "Hot Hot Hot"...and I taste that first sip of the drink of the day.......mmmmmmm, I'm right there on my first cruise again:p

I have this one on my iPod and I zone out when I'm walking the track as it starts to play ... I picture myself on the sun deck, drink in hand, as the ship sails out of Miami, waving madly with the other hand to all the people zipping by on the causeway in their cars. And to add to the fun, there are so many who wave back.

But my really favorite moment is when I step off the gangway and onto the ship. Yes, the first sight of the ship is a huge thrill, but at that moment I still am harboring that little gremlin inside of me that is asking if something is going to go wrong and I end up being one of those devastated souls who are denied boarding. Once I'm on the ship, the stress slips away.

I never thought about the "bong" sound, but you are right. It signifies you are on the cruise and past all the hurdles.

Aside from what others have said, my moment is when I walk through the main doors into the centrum for the first time. I can almost hear the little choir of angels sound in my head: "Ahhhhhmmmm!"

Not to derail...but when we boarded the Freedom back in July there was a problem with my card as we tried to board; finally, it made the bong sound. I then said cheerily "I can get on now that I got a bong!"

The guy said "what did you just say sir?!"-Well, apparently they thought I had said 'bomb' and we almost had an issue. Now i call it a 'ding.' :-)

Tee hee...maybe we oughta just stay away from the word " bong " altogether!:eek:

For us, it is walking across the "final" gangplank that connects the Ports building to the body of the ship ... which offiically puts us *ON* the ship.

Michael and Silke

Hopefully, they have you going up the gangway to enjoy your cruise, and not off the gangplank :eek:

Anyway...do I have to pick just one?!? I do get a little too giddy on the gangway myself. It's when I really feel like its official!:D But I confess to never being bored with sail away and docking, if we are coming in or out of port, I enjoy watching!

I enjoy all the aspects of the first day of a cruise that everyone has mentioned, but my absolute favourite moment is finding a seat usually on deck 4 and watching my first sunset.

I spent hours doing that on my last cruise and I can't wait to do it again on my first balcony.

The "ding" of the machine as I walk onto the ship lets me know my vacation is near.

For me, the cruise doesn't start until after the drill...knowing that, for 7 days, there is no place I must be.

Seeing the luggage at the door...knowing that is that last thing my wife will have to stress about...time to relax!!!!!!!!!

I can't say these two are my favorite moments but they are the last two moments that allow me to relax and just enjoy our cruise.

Ditto on all of the above, and another special moment for us: when our cabin attendant first comes by to introduce himself/herself.

The moment when we meet the person who will be gladly looking after us during the next week, and that there'll be little for us to worry about or do.

Very relaxing and an instant stress buster!

Hopefully, they have you going up the gangway to enjoy your cruise, and not off the gangplank :eek:

Picking Nits, but I must admit -- Touche' ... :) Where the hell did my proper English go when I made that post ???

Michael

Archived