What is your favorite moment of a cruise?

We love the moment when you first inhale that "cruise smell". It's the same smell on all the RCI ships (not so much the Celebrity ones). We take a big sniff as we exit the boarding ramp and go, "Ahhhh, it's a cruise". We board with a dreamy smile on our faces.

What's your moment?

The first thing I do after rushing up the steps to get to our room is lay back on the bed and give a sigh of relief...then I run out to the balcony...I do this everytime (unless we forgo the balcony, then I kick myself for not getting one) LOL.

Anyone know what kind of iced tea the cruiselines use? I have only had it on cruises...

I have a couple moments. Like PP, the first glimpse of the ship. Gets your heart going and you can't help but grin! Love hearing that welcoming BONG upon boarding. Love waving to people I do not know and will probably never meet as the ship leaves. Love that first sip of frozen heaven in a glass that doesn't ever taste as good at home. But my total relaxed feeling doesn't really kick in until I have gotten the luggage and gotten everything unpacked and put away. At that moment, I am able to de-stress and enjoy. No worries and no house work!

My DH says his is as soon as muster is done and out of the way. He says that since it is the only requirement he has all week, as soon as it is done, he is on vacation. Nothing else required but a good time.

10 more days and we are there!!!!

I'm just sighing and smiling as I read these moments. I think we have invented a new tranquilizer. Ahhhhhh........

You are so right - when having my blood pressure being taken, I close my eyes and think of these moments.

Great thread already! In no particular order:

- When you see YOUR NAME on the SeaPass card they just handed you at check in

- First time you see the ship (be it from a plane, taxi, shuttle WHATEVER)

- As you first set foot on the ship (my kids always do the "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" and JUMP off the gangway onto the ship!)

- Checking where your table is in the very quiet deserted dining room

Too many to name!

My two moments are my first glimpse of the ship from the window of my transportation to the pier. (I know I won't miss the sailing). The second is the ping that allows me to enter the lobby of the ship. Everything is on vacation mode from there.

for me its two noises, that first 'bong' as you scan your seapass for the first time and then its the ships horn sounding as we start to depart and head on out to sea, with me, drink in hand and waving to strangers on the shore like a fool with the other hand. :p

Like other's have said, it's getting into your stateroom, your luggage is there, walking out onto the balcony, open the bottle of wine.......you now know you have your place, and you can relax. Nothing left to do but let the cruise happen.

We love the moment when you first inhale that "cruise smell". It's the same smell on all the RCI ships (not so much the Celebrity ones). We take a big sniff as we exit the boarding ramp and go, "Ahhhh, it's a cruise". We board with a dreamy smile on our faces.

What's your moment?

Going right to top deck, finding the bar, cracking my first beer, then watching as the ship unties, and away we go.

We are off!

For us, it's the very first glimpse we get of the ship. Just gets the heart rate going!

That was one think I liked about Miami, the downtown traffic, you turn by AA arena and go up over the bridge and then you see the ships. It was that way for us with Voyager and Majesty, then our 3rd cruise was on Freedom and it was in the back "parking spot" and you could see if from the Arena, I remember being so amazed at its size.

Another favorite moment is hearing the "bonk" of your seapass card as you get on board and that first sight of the ship inside.

O' man o'man I wish I didn't have a whole year for my trip!! I love it when the ship moves out of the home port and we begin to waive to people and you get that 1st bit of sea breeze blowing in your face.

If your enjoying this thread and want help passing the time till your Allure cruise, come join us in the roll call group, still just a few of us there, but we will welcome you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1519365

for me its two noises, that first 'bong' as you scan your seapass for the first time and then its the ships horn sounding as we start to depart and head on out to sea, with me, drink in hand and waving to strangers on the shore like a fool with the other hand. :p

Not to derail...but when we boarded the Freedom back in July there was a problem with my card as we tried to board; finally, it made the bong sound. I then said cheerily "I can get on now that I got a bong!"

The guy said "what did you just say sir?!"-Well, apparently they thought I had said 'bomb' and we almost had an issue. Now i call it a 'ding.' :-)

Archived