Are there many kids on an Alaska cruise?

Elann

Hello!

We are cruising on NCL Pearl July 29 - August 5 to Alaska. We are taking our 5 yo daughter (who will be turning 6 on the cruise.) For those of you who have gone to Alaska w/kids, are there a lot of children? My daughter is excited about the cruise because I told her she could meet some new friends. (The chocolate buffet did not hurt either.) I just hope there is some little girls around her age.

Thank you!

I sailed with ds6 to Alaska on Princess last year. We did a b2b northbound and southbound. Our first cruise started August 6. They posted the numbers of kids by total and by age group on each cruise. On the first leg, there were a total of about 200 kids (under 18's) on the cruise. There were maybe 4-6 kids of each age in the youngest age group (3-7 year olds). On the second leg, there were 120 kids total, with a slight drop in the 3-7 year old age group. Whenever I went to drop off or pick up ds, there only seemed to have been about 10, maybe 12 kids that had been dropped off for the session.

Yes... Alaska is a popular destination for families too, especially during traditional school summer holiday.

Hello!

We are cruising on NCL Pearl July 29 - August 5 to Alaska. We are taking our 5 yo daughter (who will be turning 6 on the cruise.) For those of you who have gone to Alaska w/kids, are there a lot of children? My daughter is excited about the cruise because I told her she could meet some new friends. (The chocolate buffet did not hurt either.) I just hope there is some little girls around her age.

Thank you!

ilovemom - I am going to hijack my own thread but what are you doing for excursions? We are planning on a whale watch in Juneau and a dog sleding trip in the Mushers Camp in Skagway. Then we are going to the Totem Park in Ketchikan. And who knows what we will do in Victoria BC! (Haven't found any kid friendly things.)

Victoria is easy with a 6 year old girl. Go to Butchart Gardens! Fun double decker bus ride out there and plenty for the kids to see and explore at the gardens.

You could also just go into the Inner Harbor area (15 min. walk or take the shuttle). It's a beautiful area to just wonder around maybe take a horse drawn carriage ride.

Anyway, just a couple option that our kids have enjoyed in Victoria.

I've already posted on the roll call, but my two will be there (girl, 9, boy, 11) as will my two nephews (7 & 9). My son will be in the older group, but the three younger ones will be with your daughter in the 6-9s.

I'm still all over for excursions. Whale watching, gold panning, zip lining, fishing, train, totems. I don't know what to do!

Although my daughter is traveling with her cousins, I'm sure she'll be anxious for some girls to play with too!

We did the bus to Emerald lake (passports are required) and then the train on return. I would not do the bus again, instead I would rent a car or hire a van and drive to Emerald lake. It was beauiful there. The only drawback from renting a car is that you cannot take the train on the return... The train was well worth it IMO.

We also did the duck boats in Ketchikan and the kids loved it, we had a great crew and they were too funny!

We rented a carriage in Victoria and it was very interesting and fun! We had them drop us off at the port and we walked around and enjoyed the sites there.

We also spent 3 days in Seattle enjoying the sites and the kids had so much fun that they want to go back to Seattle!

:):):)

Archived