Best Cabins on Independance of the Seas?

Are there balcony cabins on this ship that are preferable to some others? We have not sailed Royal before and are taking the kids in December on the Independance. Seems like most ships have some rooms that are bigger better like hump cabins on Solstice class ships.:D I did a search but couldnt seem to find what i was looking for. Thanks for any help suggestions

For us on the Indy it's the aft cabins. D1's right at the back. Bigger balconies and beautiful view of the wake. As long as you don't mind the walk that is!!

I agree! If you can snag one, the corner aft cabins on Deck 7 offer enormous balcony space and a porthole. There are even two lounge chairs. :D

Yup, 1400 and 1700 are HUGE rooms with enormous balconies. Very hard to come by.

Usually we book 1702 but tomorrow we board the Liberty and head to cabin 1400.:D

DH prefers less superstructure but I have always wanted to see the inside of this cabin. We booked this cruise much later than normal and 1400 was the best available choice.

Just happy to be celebrating another Birthday on a cruise.

We've always preferred Aft Balcony staterooms whenever possible. That being said, any cabin that we're in we're happy with --- because even the worst cabin on a cruise ship is better than the best room at the office while at work.

Michael and Silke

We had that room on Liberty , absolutely loved it , nice and quiet and fantastic view of the wake .

We had 1706 on the Freedom (a sister ship) ... excellent cabin, incredible balcony, and the view of the wake is incredible.

Michael and Silke

Usually we book 1702 but tomorrow we board the Liberty and head to cabin 1400.:D

DH prefers less superstructure but I have always wanted to see the inside of this cabin. We booked this cruise much later than normal and 1400 was the best available choice.

Just happy to be celebrating another Birthday on a cruise.

You'll love it :D After an hour or two, you won't even notice the pole at the corner of the bed. And the structure on the balcony is quickly forgotten when you see the....well, you already know what the view is like back there. Enjoy your cruise!

Hi all

After reading these tips I have managed to book cabin 1400 on IOS for my next years cruise.

I normally tend to opt for port side though (1700 was gone!)

Any ideas on how much sun it will get also if it will be a good side for the ports, we are sailing from Southamton to Gibralter, Cartegena, Barcelona, Majorca, Seville and Vigo?????

Thanks for any help

Tracey

So the corner aft's on 10 and 7. What about 9 and 8??

Deck 8 & 9 corner afts are Category E2. Deck 10 gets you the much wider room/balcony and is well worth booking early despite the potentially fatal anticipation :p

Archived