NCL Reality Show

Beachbum1944

This was just posted on NCL's Facebook wall:

Exciting announcement: Norwegian will star in a new dating reality series, “Love for Sail,” premiering on Lifetime Tuesday, April 10, 2012, at 10pm ET/PT. In each episode of “Love for Sail,” four adventurous women will board a spectacular Norwegian Cruise Line ship and set sail to exotic locations surrounded by a group of equally-eager single men ready to embark on what they hope to be the voyage of their lives.

Who will be watching it???

Exciting announcement: Norwegian will star in a new dating reality series, “Love for Sail,” premiering on Lifetime Tuesday, April 10, 2012, at 10pm ET/PT. In each episode of “Love for Sail,” four adventurous women will board a spectacular Norwegian Cruise Line ship and set sail to exotic locations surrounded by a group of equally-eager single men ready to embark on what they hope to be the voyage of their lives.

I'll definitely tune in out of curiosity, but would be majorly annoyed if I was a passenger on one of their ships and had to deal with reality show camera crews!

I'll definitely tune in, it'll be just like the 80's Love Boat minus the celebrity guest stars. I'm in for sure.

NCL stated they have already filmed it. It was on the Epic, Star and Pearl. Im so glad I was not onboard when this was happening. On Facebook, people were saying that they were on the ships when it was filmed and the camera crews were noisy and often parts of the ship were closed off so filming could take place.

If part of a ship I was on was closed for filming for any length of time, I would be down at the reception desk asking for some of my money back.

I love NCL, but I go on vacation to relax and I pay a pretty good penny to be able to go where I want to go and do what I want to. To be turned away because of a film crew trying to catch some girl kissing this guy at 9pm and another one at 10pm would really upset me

Here is another article:

'Love for Sail': Lifetime announces cruise ship dating show

Published Thursday, Mar 22 2012, 3:49pm EDT | By Tara Fowler | Add commentRecommend 1

Tweet 3Tweet0Lifetime has announced a new dating show called Love for Sail.

The reality series will follow four women as they search for love on board a Norwegian Cruise Line ship. They will be helped in their journey by Bucko and Carmen, the Cruise Directors.

The women will meet the various single men on the ship at a mixer early on before being set up with different contenders for a variety of romantic dates and excursions designed to help the potential matches learn more about each other.

"A generation of viewers grew up watching the scripted series The Love Boat and, inspired by that program, Love for Sail captures the fun and adventure of what it's really like to find romance on the high seas," said Executive Vice President Rob Sharenow.

Love for Sail premieres April 10 at 10pm on Lifetime.

NCL stated they have already filmed it. It was on the Epic, Star and Pearl. Im so glad I was not onboard when this was happening. On Facebook, people were saying that they were on the ships when it was filmed and the camera crews were noisy and often parts of the ship were closed off so filming could take place.

If part of a ship I was on was closed for filming for any length of time, I would be down at the reception desk asking for some of my money back.

I love NCL, but I go on vacation to relax and I pay a pretty good penny to be able to go where I want to go and do what I want to. To be turned away because of a film crew trying to catch some girl kissing this guy at 9pm and another one at 10pm would really upset me

Agreed! I could only hope that they would state when you book any given cruise that some event would be happening. I mean we know if theres going to be a Nickelodeon event. So why not tell me that there may be restrictions due to filming something? :confused:

With more and more "reality" shows on Tv, there is less and less for me to watch. I abhor this kind of stuff.

Aspiring 'contestants' on these shows undergo a blood test.

If they test positive for Dignity, they are rejected.

It would certainly be a shame to be surprised on a cruise with something like this going on. Yikes.

People on Facebook said they saw taping on the Epic and Pearl so far.

The title of the show is "Love for Sail" so it definitely does sound like prostitution in the wrong context! What genius chose that name?!

Probably the same one that chose "Breakaway" and "Getaway":cool:.

I'm no that big a fan of watching people prostitute themselves publicly.

Won't be watching. Won't be caring.

Like.:)

Aspiring 'contestants' on these shows undergo a blood test.

If they test positive for Dignity, they are rejected.

It would certainly be a shame to be surprised on a cruise with something like this going on. Yikes.

Double like.:D

Well it is said that negative PR can sometimes be as beneficial as positive.

I'm really disappointed that NCL agreed to this, it totally cheapens the cruiseline IMO.

They bring out a classy new ship like the Breakaway, they institute a brand new kids program to entice families and then start match making cruises, how tacky.

I would also worry about how potential passengers will be affected by filming crews. It would be totally unfair to close off areas of the ship that you were expecting to be able to use when you booked. As well as possibly trying to avoid camera crews while you were trying to relax on vacation.

Booo NCL this definately wasn't your most thought through ideas, again IMO.

Well it is said that negative PR can sometimes be as beneficial as positive.

I'm really disappointed that NCL agreed to this, it totally cheapens the cruiseline IMO.

They bring out a classy new ship like the Breakaway, they institute a brand new kids program to entice families and then start match making cruises, how tacky.

I would also worry about how potential passengers will be affected by filming crews. It would be totally unfair to close off areas of the ship that you were expecting to be able to use when you booked. As well as possibly trying to avoid camera crews while you were trying to relax on vacation.

Booo NCL this definately wasn't your most thought through ideas, again IMO.

What she said. I'd really HATE to be on a ship with this going on. Especially while with my family.

Archived