Grand Princess Dress

We are new to Princess and were wondering how dinner dress compares to Carnival. Last year Carnival was very laid back. I expect Princess to be a little more formal bt didn't want to overpack. Plus, my teenage son has only one pair of dresses pants and I need to know if I need to go get him more!

Assuming your son is happy wearing the same dress pants each night, he is probably OK. Those slacks, with a jacket and tie will be fine for the formal nights. Ths slacks with a collared shirt will do for the others.

I have seen more male teens in the MDR on formal night without a coat than with one. They join a number of adult men who do not wear a coat on formal night. One pair of khaki pants for a teenage boy for a 7 day cruise works if he only wears them to dinner (works for men also!).

I have seen more male teens in the MDR on formal night without a coat than with one. They join a number of adult men who do not wear a coat on formal night.

I've never been on a Princess cruise with enough teenage boys in the MDR to form a significant sample. But I would say that perhaps just one in twenty adult men doesn't wear a jacket of some kind. (Thanks to all the CC dress code threads, I've actually done quick surveys while waiting for my appetizer.)

I'd suggest that the OP head over to the local thrift store and pick up a lightweight jacket, or at least a nice vest. You're never too young to cultivate a certain degree of sartorial elegance.

I agree that he doesn't need a jacket! A long sleeve shirt and tie is fine for formal night. My boyfriend always wears a shirt with a tie for formal night and I see many other men and teenagers doing the same. :) no point buying a jacket and lugging it with you just for formal night.

In terms of normal nights, jeans and a shirt for dinner in the main dining room is fine too. :)

I'd suggest that the OP head over to the local thrift store and pick up a lightweight jacket, or at least a nice vest. You're never too young to cultivate a certain degree of sartorial elegance.

The above says it all.

Archived