Cannot Combine Shipboard Credit?

SchoolBob

I was wondering if anyone on here has any insight into this. My TA has available a $50 pp shipboard credit for the sailing I am looking at. On my last cruise, I also booked an open-booking which entitles me to $50 pp. Princess says they will not combine the two, and I would get either one or the other. Does anyone have any experience with this?

We have always been able to combine the shipboard credit that we receive from an onboard booking with a shipboard credit offered by our TA. We have even been able to add to it a credit we received for a cancelled cruise that Princess offered to those other two.

I have three cruises booked on Princess in the next 11 months and each booking was made with a credit received from a phantom booking onboard a Princess ship and includes an extra credit given by our Travel Agent.

Sometimes there are OBC offers that have specific riders attached to them that make them uncombinable. It's like the "Free Upgrade" offers Princess sometimes sends out - they are limited only to certain cabin classifications. Is this for a cruise that has passed its final payment date, or is further out?

Before the battle begins, I would ask where this extra OBC is coming from with your TA. If it is given by the travel agent/agency itself, then there has to be an answer somewhere why Princess will not combine it.

Please check back in here and let us know what comes of this problem, you have me very interested now.

And best of luck, I hope you win like the rest of us do. ;)

I have always had combined credit with my TA who gives them and the future booking credit that I get on board. Never had a problem. I would really be interested too in what you find out.

marilyn

Last year we had SBC from TA and furture cruise SBC which we combined, no problem, then got more from Princess when they changed and cancelled some ports.

This year again we have SBC we got for booking this particular cruise at a specific time, this coming from Princess and also our future cruise SBC. Hope we don't have any problem. I do know our future SBC is the onlyone showing on our Captain Circle, but that was the same last year. Have heard on the boards that is not uncommon. Good luck

I just returned from my most recent cruise a week ago today and I had 3 SBC's - One directly from Princess for a problem we had on a prior cruise, 2nd from booking an open booking while on board and 3rd from our travel agent. All of the credits were in my boarding papers and was on my account when I checked.

I have my onboard credit for my upcoming cruise in July from booking onboard Princess and then got more by moving it to a TA. My documents show the onboard credit, but I haven't gotten my final docs yet, I will make sure it shows all of it as this is the first time that I have ever cruised with OBC.

I was wondering if anyone on here has any insight into this. My TA has available a $50 pp shipboard credit for the sailing I am looking at. On my last cruise, I also booked an open-booking which entitles me to $50 pp. Princess says they will not combine the two, and I would get either one or the other. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Hello, I just booked the Sun for May 2005. My T/A said my shipboard credit wouldn't be accepted. That's a SCAM!!! AS.. that was the selling point for us to put money down for a future cruise. I plan on telling EVERYONE on board the Sun this too. Watch-out cruise planner!!!

Ok. I booked the cruise not expecting to have my credit combined. The last day of my May 2004 cruise, my wife and I booked an open booking and put down the $200 deposit. This included the shipboard credit that everyone is aware of (depending on length of cruise and the cabin). My TA is part of some consortium that allowed for $50pp credit, a bottle of wine, and a photo voucher. She called Princess (at my request) 3 different times and was given the same answer--it will not combine with the FCC. I called myself as well, and received the same answer. Moreover, I logged onto the Captain's Circle on Princess' website and it said that this is not combinable with any other offer.

So, I decide to book anyway, and low and behold, when my TA called to book it, she asked one more time and this Princess rep had no qualms about it. Thus, I have both credits on the confirmation fax my TA sent me from Princess. :D

Apparently, they have consistency with this at all. That said, it does clearly state on the Captain's Circle account that it is not good with any other offer.

Archived