Did You Know? ---- Title Edit

sail7seas

On another thread, there was mention of CC having an edit button we can use for about 15 minutes after posting to edit errors or make changes in our posts.

I thought I'd mention something I did not know for a very long time. :o

This board permits editing of the Thread Title. I once badly wanted to edit a thread title I made a typo in but thought it was not possible and it bothered me.

I came to learn we can click the edit button and then 'advanced' button and then be able to edit the thread title.

I thought maybe that might be helpful to others.

Thank you for that info, Sail! It is most appreciated.

I don't often start a thread, or use a title in a reply, but every once in a while I do. And although I can spell well, I can't type very well, and don't always spot typos when I proof---hence the need to edit.

It's always been frustrating that I couldn't fix the "Title" area.

Now I know how! :)

Thanks for the reminder Sail.

That Advanced tab is really useful for a number of things besides the title. You may change your icons, add or remove (I think) attachments (maybe you realize after posting that the picture you attach wasn't the one intended) and one that's particularly valuable for me, adding or removing your signature. I am involved in several forums and each tends to have it's individual "culture". Fairly long signatures are common here, and I use mine frequently, while they are much less prevalent on the Crystal forum, and most of the time I suppress it there, but occasionally forget. With Advanced I can correct that mistake.

I also maintain a "sticky" and that thread is really about the subject matter and not about me. I really try to avoid my signature there but once in a while I forget and there's the "Advanced" button to get me out of it.

My worst problem left is that I'm most likely to do a typo when I'm in a rush, ad when I'm trying to post and run on shipboard internet. If only there was an override for the time limit.

Roy

Archived