Princess entering Japanese cruise market...

RickEk

I read that today as well, it is interesting that Princess is entering a new market. I wonder how many of the staff will be able to speak Japanese as that will be a challenge for them if they cannot communicate well with their new clientele.

I miss the Sun, it is a great ship. I especially love the teak promenade deck. : )

why take a ship from Australia....we are getting the Sea Princess so why cant they use something else

It appears, at this point, to be a 4 month deployment. I think Princess (and Carnival Corp.) does see an untapped market in Japan and is testing the waters...

And this is probably the reason that a new set featuring the Sun Princess appeared on Flickr earlier this week...

That explains it. I was wondering why Princess was uploading brochure photos of the Sun to their Flickr site.

hmm, very very interesting. Will be good to see how it changes for the Japanese market and if we'll get it back in Australia. Looks like quite a few cruises will be getting the flick - including the 75 day grand pacific cruise. I'm sure they will get some very angry customers while giving out that news!!

Fingers crossed we'll get a nice new (or at least newer) ship heading down here from Princess!!

Archived