New Nikon D3200 low cost 24 MP

framer

Sold all my Nikon gear and have gone with Sony Nex-5N and Nex-7. To me the size and the quality are the best. Guess my age caught up with me and decided that smaller is better. For traveling it's the best and thanks for the lens adapter to use a bigger lens. Also 24.3mp, a great OLED electronic viewfinder and Translucent Mirror Technology. Think Nikon is a little behind on the latest technology. Hey change can be good.

Later

Tom :cool:

What does it start?

Its old hat, technology marches at least for a few more generations at a very regular cadence. Nikon and every other technology company plans around this; large amount of upgrade and new adopters to continue the business.

Consumer cameras every 2 years, pro bodies every 4 years pretty clock work unless things like tsunami or other natural or man made disruptions interrupt the cadence.

This looks simply like the waterfall of the technology from the D800 sensor ( which is looking spectacular on early accounts, rumor Nikon is finally making full break from SONY manufacturing and going to Renesas with a real competitive advantage!) down into consumer space with the standard defeature of ISO, FPS, focus etc. Looks to be a very nice upgrade at the entry level.

• 2 weeks later...
This looks simply like the waterfall of the technology from the D800 sensor ( which is looking spectacular on early accounts, rumor Nikon is finally making full break from SONY manufacturing and going to Renesas with a real competitive advantage!) down into consumer space with the standard defeature of ISO, FPS, focus etc. Looks to be a very nice upgrade at the entry level.

THANKS, chipmaster, for the added info and historic background! YES, these are some amazing camera and technology times, etc. Very exciting!! Right now, I'm very happy with my D3100, what it does for my needs and budget, etc. In talking with a friend this week, I told him about the upcoming Nikon D3200 and he was pretty blown away by what that camera will deliver for the price. Right now, I'm more focused on getting a better fixed lens that allows better quality in low-light situations.

TIMING: Any new word on the Nikon D3200 and when it will be out, rough cost?

Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 72,800 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 65,404 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

April 19th?? http://nikonrumors.com/category/nikon-d3200/

THANKS, chipmaster, for the added info and historic background! YES, these are some amazing camera and technology times, etc. Very exciting!! Right now, I'm very happy with my D3100, what it does for my needs and budget, etc. In talking with a friend this week, I told him about the upcoming Nikon D3200 and he was pretty blown away by what that camera will deliver for the price. Right now, I'm more focused on getting a better fixed lens that allows better quality in low-light situations.

TIMING: Any new word on the Nikon D3200 and when it will be out, rough cost?

Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 72,800 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 65,404 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

With all of the recent anticipation of the D400, it is quite a surprise that the D3200 is looking to sneak into the picture.

As far as cost, and judging the other Nikon DSLR releases so far this year, I would expect the D3200 to be fairly close to the D3100 in pricing. Afterall what good is it to replace the entry-level Nikon if you charge significantly more for it?

MOAR MEGAPIXELS!!!

Is it too much of a good thing? Is this at the point where the sensor it going to glaringly show people any and all imperfections with the consumer, off brand, non-pro glass?

I just finished editing the photos from my daughter's wedding shot with my A77...all I can say is "invest in cosmetics stocks!" It's worse than what HDTV did to newscasters!:eek:

Dave

http://*******/IZUFTz

Perhaps a worthy replacement for my ancient D70, which has a hard time recognizing the CF card sometimes (otherwise works flawlessly after 7 years).

I can't find a 3200 for sale with body only but it's early.

If you have any AF lenses for your D70, just realize that the D3200 will not autofocus them. Your D70 was an advanced amateur camera and had extra features like an in-camera focus motor. The D3200, being an entry level camera does not, and it can only autofocus AF-S lenses.

But if you have no need for this feature, the D3200 would probably be a nice camera.

Nikon entry body from what I can remember ALWAYS sell with a kit lense. In this case it will likely be the 18-55 VR.

http://*******/IZUFTz

Perhaps a worthy replacement for my ancient D70, which has a hard time recognizing the CF card sometimes (otherwise works flawlessly after 7 years).

I can't find a 3200 for sale with body only but it's early.

If you have any AF lenses for your D70, just realize that the D3200 will not autofocus them. Your D70 was an advanced amateur camera and had extra features like an in-camera focus motor. The D3200, being an entry level camera does not, and it can only autofocus AF-S lenses.

But if you have no need for this feature, the D3200 would probably be a nice camera.

Yes, I use AF-S lenses with my D700. The only one that is not is the original kit lens that came with the D70.

Archived