Ulimate Drink Package Questions

TahitiRoses

I have a few questions about this package - the one that's not just for soda, but where you can order mocktails as well.

I read where it says it's $8.05 per person/per day, and that a 15% gratuity is added onto that; so for a 7 day cruise that means I should be charged around $65, correct?

Also, I do understand tipping is nice and I should (and will) do this, but I was wondering...

I notice on the cocktail menus I've seen where it says 15% gratuity is added onto every drink ordered (Or I assume this is what that means) - does this mean I will be charged an extra 15% on every mocktail obtained with the Ultimate Drink Package? As in, will I be charged 15% of whatever that mocktail's original price is with every one?

Finally, can you order a mocktail at any bar?

Pardon my questions, I'm one of those people that has to know every single detail, :D

Thanks in advance for responses!

All beverages, whether bought individually or with a soda package or Ultimate Package are charged a 15% gratuity. You have no choice as its not optional. That includes everything from bottled water to martinis to sodas.

Once you purchase the Ultimate package, it's a sticker that goes on your cruise card. Show it to any server or bartender anywhere on the ship and order whatever soda, smoothie or mocktail you want as often as you want. The number of beverages is unlimited.

I got one on my recent Star cruise and got soda or a virgin Mary in the International Cafe, Horizon Court or by the pool. It didn't matter where I was.

All beverages, whether bought individually or with a soda or Ultimate Package are charged a 15% gratuity. That includes everything from bottle water to martinis.

So if I order, say, 20 drinks I should expect to pay for 20 gratuities at the end?

I have a few questions about this package - the one that's not just for soda, but where you can order mocktails as well.

I read where it says it's $8.05 per person/per day, and that a 15% gratuity is added onto that; so for a 7 day cruise that means I should be charged around $65, correct?

Also, I do understand tipping is nice and I should (and will) do this, but I was wondering...

I notice on the cocktail menus I've seen where it says 15% gratuity is added onto every drink ordered (Or I assume this is what that means) - does this mean I will be charged an extra 15% on every mocktail obtained with the Ultimate Drink Package? As in, will I be charged 15% of whatever that mocktail's original price is with every one?

Finally, can you order a mocktail at any bar?

Pardon my questions, I'm one of those people that has to know every single detail, :D

Thanks in advance for responses!

The 15% should be on the total cost of the card, not on each drink ordered.

So if I order, say, 20 drinks I should expect to pay for 20 gratuities at the end?
Yes and no. The 15% is added to the cost of the Ultimate Package. Once purchased, your beverages are unlimited whether you order one drink or one hundred. You don't pay anything additional once you've bought the Ultimate Package.

Yes and no. The 15% is added to the cost of the Ultimate Package. Once purchased, your beverages are unlimited whether you order one drink or one hundred. You don't pay anything additional once you've bought the Ultimate Package.

That's what I was looking for, thank you :)

The $8.05 a day includes the 15% tip already. They just put a little sticker on your card and you have to show it when you get a drink. You also get a nice insulated mug.

You can get any virgin drink you want at any bar and they also have a mocktail drink menu you can choose from. And don't forget the free milkshakes at the ice cream bar!

Steve & Vikki

The tip is added to whatever you pay for beverages. If you get the Ultimate sticker, 15% is added to that. When you get a beverage with the sticker, there is no charge, so no tip. When someone with out the sticker orders a mocktail, they are charged and the tip is added.

You can get any virgin drink you want at any bar and they also have a mocktail drink menu you can choose from. And don't forget the free milkshakes at the ice cream bar!

Steve & Vikki

I thought mocktails are virgin drinks. Can anyone tell me the difference?

Well, they say "per day" on the website, can we assume that it's actually calculated per night?

For example, if I'm on a 7 night cruise, technically, I'm on the ship 8 days (or 6 full days and 2 partial days) so do they charge me for 7 days or try to squeeze every last penny by charging me for 8 days? I wouldn't think so but I also wouldn't put it past them!

Well, they say "per day" on the website, can we assume that it's actually calculated per night?

For example, if I'm on a 7 night cruise, technically, I'm on the ship 8 days (or 6 full days and 2 partial days) so do they charge me for 7 days or try to squeeze every last penny by charging me for 8 days? I wouldn't think so but I also wouldn't put it past them!

It's calculated the same way as tips; 7 day cruise is charged at 7 days.

I purchased this once but probably won't do it again. I find it cheaper to just pay per drink.

Each person should consider how much they will drink and therefore spend to decide if either the soda sticker or the ultimate sticker or the coffee card is right for them. My wife and I do not get any of them, as we occasionally have a soda on a cruise.

I don't think it has been made clear here - when you order a drinks package the gratuity is INCLUDED in the price. You do not pay extra per drink or in total.

See princess website - on board experience - gifts and services - princess cellars. It is very clearly stated.

So if you drink more than 2 sodas a day the soda package is worthwhile ($5.18/day inclusive) If you drink more than milkshakes or moctails a day the ultimate drinks package is worthwhile ($8.05/day inclusive)

That is correct. It all depends on your consumption. Keep in mind that if you are off the ship, you would have to pay for any beverages. So if you will be taking all day excursions all day, it may not be a good deal

That is correct. It all depends on your consumption. Keep in mind that if you are off the ship, you would have to pay for any beverages. So if you will be taking all day excursions all day, it may not be a good deal

Oh yes good point. I hadn't thought if that.

Are any of these packages good for bottled water?

No, bottled water is not included. The tap water is better than most bottled water. Afterall, they are mostly Atlanta and Dallas public water. So bring a couple of empty bottles and fill them as needed.

Are any of these packages good for bottled water?

I notice that you're on the Diamond with me on the 15th. I intend to go wine, water and soda shopping in Singapore. You do the same. Carry on what you need and replenish supplies in each port. Same thing for your next cruise out of Los Angeles.

Princess will charge you $2.00 or $2.50 for a bottle of water. I don't think you want to do that unless you're stuck.

I notice that you're on the Diamond with me on the 15th. I intend to go wine, water and soda shopping in Singapore. You do the same. Carry on what you need and replenish supplies in each port. Same thing for your next cruise out of Los Angeles.

Princess will charge you $2.00 or $2.50 for a bottle of water. I don't think you want to do that unless you're stuck.

Pia,

Why yes I am! I've been looking forward to associating a face with Pia1913.

We will go definitely go wine, water and beer shopping in every port (DW is a "beer girl", I drink anything wet). There have been many times our backpacks have gone clink, clink, clink going up the gangway.

Best regards,

Scott

Pia,

Why yes I am! I've been looking forward to associating a face with Pia1913.

We will go definitely go wine, water and beer shopping in every port (DW is a "beer girl", I drink anything wet). There have been many times our backpacks have gone clink, clink, clink going up the gangway.

Best regards,

Scott

See you soon, Scott. We started packing today. :)

Is coffee included with the purchase of the Ultimate Drink Card or must i purchase a Coffee Card to get decent coffee?

Joel :confused:

Regualr coffee is available at no charge. Specialty coffees require the coffee card.

Archived