Have Never Cruised with Disney; but I have questions

AF-1

Hi, I am a Royal Caribbean cruiser. Last December I took my kids/grandkids on Freedom of the Seas; parked next to us was the Disney Dream. Has anyone on this forum taken a three or four day cruise on the Dream and combined it with three or four days at Disneyworld? I am planning a trip with my family again; and I would like some input from anyone who's combined both venues into your vacation. Thank you in advance.

Disney no longer offers the Land and Sea packages. Plenty of people have spent a few days at the World before getting on the Dream. What exactly were you looking for as far as information?

Here is a good suggestion for those thinking of doing a Disney cruise and park, all in one trip. Do the parks before you go on the cruise, as going to the parks can get chaotic, and the cruise will offer some relaxation after hitting the parks. In my opinion, do the parks first, then the cruise!

Here is a good suggestion for those thinking of doing a Disney cruise and park, all in one trip. Do the parks before you go on the cruise, as going to the parks can get chaotic, and the cruise will offer some relaxation after hitting the parks. In my opinion, do the parks first, then the cruise!

Plus 1

To everyone who has replied to my question. We plan on going to Disneyworld first, then the cruise. I know that Disney does not offer the cruise /WDW package; but a lot of travel agencies will put it together. I wanted to know if anyone has done the three night or four night cruise. If so, did u have enough time to enjoy everything on Disney Dream? I have only cruised Royal Caribbean and have only cruised 7 days or longer. My son and daughter can't get off for ten days so we would have to do 8 days tops. We will fly into Orlando and go to Disneyworld first then the cruise. This is why I wanted to know about doing three day or four day cruise.

To everyone who has replied to my question. We plan on going to Disneyworld first, then the cruise. I know that Disney does not offer the cruise /WDW package; but a lot of travel agencies will put it together. I wanted to know if anyone has done the three night or four night cruise. If so, did u have enough time to enjoy everything on Disney Dream? I have only cruised Royal Caribbean and have only cruised 7 days or longer. My son and daughter can't get off for ten days so we would have to do 8 days tops. We will fly into Orlando and go to Disneyworld first then the cruise. This is why I wanted to know about doing three day or four day cruise.

I have done both the 3 day and 4 day and have another 3 day (dream) booked. I have also done DW fl and Paris.

If it were me I would skip the park altogether way over price to stand in line after line for hours. The ships have all you need (except the rides).

It is certainly doable. We've done it because of time constraints that way once. The bummer about the short cruise is you are just getting into the cruise when it ends, but it is certainly worth it.

As west coasters, we can't fly to FL and NOT do WDW, so the 3/4 combo worked, but when we plan well we do 5 nights WDW, 7 nights DCL, 1 or 2 nights WDW before flying home.

we've done both 3 and 4 nights, but on the Disney Wonder, not the Dream.

there were always people who said 3/4 weren't enough to enjoy the cruise, but we really did enjoy both of our cruises.

there is no way i would get myself all the way to florida and not go to WDW.

That's sacrilegious.

Wife and I are going to Florida for our anniversary cruise and will NOT be stopping in at WDW. Wife was just at WDW a year or so ago but living just 15 minutes from DLR, we can't see spending the extra time/money at WDW.

To the OP, do the 4 night. The 3 night really isn't enough. We've never sailed less than 4 nights and just can't imagine doing something shorter. There shortest DCL we've done is 7, but their formula is not a lot different than other lines, it is just the product that is different. If 4 is the most you can do, then do 4 and you will love it!

Disney no longer offers the Land and Sea packages. Plenty of people have spent a few days at the World before getting on the Dream. What exactly were you looking for as far as information?

Yes they do. You simply add the resort to your cruise reservation. It is right on their website.

I have done Disneyworld before both of my Disney cruises. Getting on the ship after the busy days at the parks is fantastic. It's a great way to relax in Disney style. You still have the magic and you have the beautiful ocean.

You can read my Dream cruise experience if you wish, just click on the link in my signature lines.

I have done both the 3 day and 4 day and have another 3 day (dream) booked. I have also done DW fl and Paris.

If it were me I would skip the park altogether way over price to stand in line after line for hours. The ships have all you need (except the rides).

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate the feedback

It is certainly doable. We've done it because of time constraints that way once. The bummer about the short cruise is you are just getting into the cruise when it ends, but it is certainly worth it.

As west coasters, we can't fly to FL and NOT do WDW, so the 3/4 combo worked, but when we plan well we do 5 nights WDW, 7 nights DCL, 1 or 2 nights WDW before flying home.

The length of time is not a problem for my wife and I; its our adult children; they can't get that much vacation at one time; since our five grandkids are involved,,and we are footing the bill for everyone; we want to hear all options. Thanks for your feedback

we've done both 3 and 4 nights, but on the Disney Wonder, not the Dream.

there were always people who said 3/4 weren't enough to enjoy the cruise, but we really did enjoy both of our cruises.

there is no way i would get myself all the way to florida and not go to WDW.

That's sacrilegious.

I agree with you on the WDW. we r trying to get the best of both worlds. I love cruising; and I like WDW. Days off is he main problem; not for me but for my kids.

Wife and I are going to Florida for our anniversary cruise and will NOT be stopping in at WDW. Wife was just at WDW a year or so ago but living just 15 minutes from DLR, we can't see spending the extra time/money at WDW.

To the OP, do the 4 night. The 3 night really isn't enough. We've never sailed less than 4 nights and just can't imagine doing something shorter. There shortest DCL we've done is 7, but their formula is not a lot different than other lines, it is just the product that is different. If 4 is the most you can do, then do 4 and you will love it!

We are looking at the 4 night verses 3 night. Trying to coordinate the WDW portion. Since we r taking our adult children and five grandkids for the family vacation; we r trying to see which works best. Thanks for the feedback.

Unless things have changed, there are some activities only done during a sea day, like brunch at Palo. Brunch for the adults is reason enough to book the 4 day over the 3 day imho.

Thank you for the feedback; we are leaning towards 4 Day cruise with WDW before.

I have done Disneyworld before both of my Disney cruises. Getting on the ship after the busy days at the parks is fantastic. It's a great way to relax in Disney style. You still have the magic and you have the beautiful ocean.

You can read my Dream cruise experience if you wish, just click on the link in my signature lines.

Hi I just read your review; not you have my interest peaked. I would like to look at doing the 4 day cruise and 4 day WDW. Will have to talk with my adult kids about the days. My problem is my wife and I can go for 8-10 days; our adult children can't get that much time off at once. Since we are footing the bill for the kids/grandkids we want to get the best bang for our buck. Thank you for your feedback and great review.

cheers

Thank you for the feedback; we are leaning towards 4 Day cruise with WDW before.

we did a land/sea package 8 years ago - we did 3 days in WDW, followed by the 4 day cruise...(and then we did another 3 weeks at WDW - :eek: and then we flew to california and did 4 days at disneyland, then flew to las vegas and did 3 days there, which we hated by the way - followed by a week in detroit visiting family and shopping to fill 10 suitcases - followed by 3 days in new york - for 3 broadway musicals - and finally winging our way back across the atlantic!!!! :eek:)

ok...so getting back to the 3 day WDW + 4 day cruise...

we did enjoy it very much...

for the WDW portion you can do it one of two ways....either just take it easy and do whatever, not worrying about commando style touring..

or else you can plan your days down to the minute...

we've done it both ways and both are fine if you realize up front what you're doing..

personally, when there are young children involved, i believe in doing the go with the flow approach, taking it easy, doing a bit here and there and just breathing in the atmosphere, including all those wonderful photo ops with the characters (kids and some adults - like me - love them)...

and i would do the 4 day cruise...that way you'll have a sea day...they do more things on the sea day..

and also, i think i would stay on the ship in nassau...the ship is more interesting than nassau (one of the understatements of the millenium).

that way you'll essentially have 2 sea days...

and then of course, you'll want to get off the ship in castaway cay, disney's private island....

so if you can do 4 days in WDW and 4 days on the ship, i think you'll have a lovely holiday!!!!

Archived