Tea/coffee making facilities in cabin

timetravellers

Being British, we like our cup of tea in the mornings.

We shall be on Century to Alaska in May.

We will have tea/coffee making facilities in our Concierge cabin? If not, would the steward be able to organise this for us?

just hang your room service card on your door before retiring. You state what time you would like tea delivered in the morning. No there are no coffee/tea making facilities in the cabin..

just hang your room service card on your door before retiring. You state what time you would like tea delivered in the morning. No there are no coffee/tea making facilities in the cabin..

Additonally the steward will not be able to bring you the items necessary to make it yourself.

If you do not know what time you will be getting up, you can wait and flip a coin to see who will go get the tea/coffee.

Somehow I am on a 25+ cruise losing streak on the coin flip:confused::rolleyes:. Maybe she has a two sided coin.

We always bring thermal coffee/tea mugs on a cruise. If I have to get one of the standard issue coffee cups (small), it will be empty by the time I get back to the cabin.

We actually have a logo set for each of the cruise lines we sail on; just have to remember to bring the correct ones.

Unfortunately no and you are not allowed to bring on a hot pot nor coffee pot of your own.

We've been warned on some ships that the hot water carafes they use sometimes smell like coffee since they don't segregate them for tea vs. coffee. Also on some cruises they can bring plain hot water quickly and on some cruises it takes much longer. While the room service breakfast hang tags hung out the night before work quite well with timely delivery, if you can schedule your morning in advance, room service is sometimes quite slow if you don't plan on waking in a schedule and don't want to order until you're up in the morning. I usually end up heading up to the buffet on my own to get hot water to make coffee from instant Via (we dislike the coffee provided on the ship) or to make tea. On recent cruises they've had to-go cups with lids by the buffet beverage stations which makes this quite easy.

If you do not know what time you will be getting up, you can wait and flip a coin to see who will go get the tea/coffee.

Somehow I am on a 25+ cruise losing streak on the coin flip:confused::rolleyes:. Maybe she has a two sided coin.

We always bring thermal coffee/tea mugs on a cruise. If I have to get one of the standard issue coffee cups (small), it will be empty by the time I get back to the cabin.

We actually have a logo set for each of the cruise lines we sail on; just have to remember to bring the correct ones.

Can you please find out where she got her 2 sided coin :D:D:) ?

Thank you all for your helpful replies. We do usually have room service for breakfast so I guess we shall have to wait for that. I do remember coffee flavoured hot water jugs from a past cruise (maybe HAL?) so I may have to abstain from tea altogether :eek:.

This will be our first cruise with Celebrity. Really looking forward to it!

Archived