Restaurant recommendations in Rome

ScottToronto

Good afternoon,

We are sailing soon on the Silver Cloud and spending 1 night in Rome at the Albergo Del Senato (across the Pantheon). Looking for a recommendation for dinner.

Thanks friends,

ScottToronto

PS. Wripro.....you have never let me down.

Hi Scott -

I don't have a restaurant recommendation, but if the weather is nice, go for a drink on the roof of the Grand Hotel de la Minerve behind the Pantheon - probably not far from your hotel. The view is wonderful. If the same piano player is still there, you will enjoy it.

It won't be long now. We're looking forward to seeing you and your clan again.

Things change so rapidly regarding restaurants. Duct tape is probably a good source. I would also recommend checking Tripadvisor. They are usually pretty good. We like Pergola in the Cavellieri hotel, but it's expensive and it's hard to get a reservation unless you do it well in advance. It's also a long way from where you're staying. There is a great restaurant all the way at the north end of the Piazza Navonna. They have both indoor and outdoor seating. Food and service are excellent.

OMG!

Stefan and I always stay at the L"Albergo del Senato in bella Roma! We've been there 3 times in the past 4 years. Fabulous hotel and location.

The concierge will give you restaurant suggestions within a two block radius. All their recommendations are patronized by locals and the food is divine. They will make reservations for you.

Honest to goodness, you cannot get a bad meal there.

Enjoy!

We second the choice of La Pergola, an exquisite dining experience with perfect service. One of the highlights of our visit to Rome last year but it is very expensive and you do generally have to book weeks in advance.

For a more down to earth dining experience try Giggetto al Portico d' Ottavia. This restaurant was recommended by our private guide and his choice was supported by the taxi drivers that took us there, to dine twice. This restaurant is in the old Jewish quarter and not far from the Pantheon.

Archived