Miami hotel pre cruise?

rcprncss

I am looking for a hotel to stay one night before the cruise. We will be sailing out of Miami on April 22nd.

I want a decent hotel near the port that offers free transportation from the airport to the the hotel and from the hotel to the ship. Also looking for a location where there are restaurants and shops to walk around to get some dinner.

Thanks in advance. :)

Sorry - it does not exist in Miami. :(

If you want to be close to the port you will be in downtown Miami, where NONE of the hotels offers free airport shuttles or port shuttles - but taxis are cheap! :cool: Expect to pay about $25+ tip to get to your hotel and another $10-12+tip to get to the Port of Miami (POM) the next morning. Hotels to consider include the Hyatt, Intercontinental, Doubletree, Marriott and Holiday Inn.

If you are arriving later in the day and all you want is dinner and a clean room, then check out hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Hampton Inn, Sofitel, Homewood Suites and others) - free airport shuttles and shopping and dining options within walking distance. ;) Most can arrange for shuttle service to POM for about $10 per person, or you can cab it for under $30 per cab. The ride to POM will take about 15 or so minutes.

Miami Beach is the "Miami" you see in the movies and on TV shows -- it is a separate city from Miami, and the hotels there tend to be smaller and more expensive -- they also offer great dining, nightlife and a world class beach.:D A taxi to South Beach from MIA will run $32+ and another $15 cab will get you to POM.

Have a good cruise! :)

Agree with John. Stay downtown using cabs to destinations. Staying at the Hyatt or Intercontinental will put you an easy walk to Bayside, a touristy outdoor mall with restaurants and shops. Also near to a CVS to pick up last min. items.

If you want free transp from the airport, you will need to stay at a hotel close to the airport and the areas might not offer much for walkable restauarants. Certainly not what I would do. Blue Lagoon hotels are nice, as John added. Just price compare to downtown choices.

I am looking for a place to stay in Jan precruise. Husband wants to fly the same day as cruise to save money. I need to find a cheap place but not in a bad area so I can convince him to go the day before. Help!!! Thanks. Lynn

Right now the IC is listed on Last MInute Travel for $141.00 for that night. Call the 1-888 # listed on their website for a better offer as indicated. I am 99% sure you will get it for an even lower rate and they will in fact confirm that it is the Intercontinental. It is only about a $12 cab fare pls tip to the POM from there.:p

I stay at the Hilton downtown. Relatively cheap rates and an excellent friendly bell staff. Walking distance to Bayside (although nowhere nearly as close as IC) and have a great view of the ships in the morning when you wake up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with John. Stay downtown using cabs to destinations. Staying at the Hyatt or Intercontinental will put you an easy walk to Bayside, a touristy outdoor mall with restaurants and shops. Also near to a CVS to pick up last min. items.

If you want free transp from the airport, you will need to stay at a hotel close to the airport and the areas might not offer much for walkable restauarants. Certainly not what I would do. Blue Lagoon hotels are nice, as John added. Just price compare to downtown choices.

Wondering what a "CVS" is, and where it is? We will have quite a bit of last minue things to purchase. Easier for us as we are flying in from Oz 3 days prior.

Thanks, Jen

Wondering what a "CVS" is, and where it is? We will have quite a bit of last minue things to purchase. Easier for us as we are flying in from Oz 3 days prior.

Thanks, Jen

"CVS" is the name of one of the drugstore chains (might be known as "chemist" in your part of the world) in the US; there are locations all over the country. But it sells a lot more than just medications: you can find household products, office supplies, simple electronics, everyday healthcare items, and snack foods. It's a very good place to buy supplies for a cruise or any other trip, and the prices are good too.

"CVS" is the name of one of the drugstore chains (might be known as "chemist" in your part of the world) in the US; there are locations all over the country. But it sells a lot more than just medications: you can find household products, office supplies, simple electronics, everyday healthcare items, and snack foods. It's a very good place to buy supplies for a cruise or any other trip, and the prices are good too.

Thankyou. Will look for one when we arrive.

I am looking for a place to stay in Jan precruise. Husband wants to fly the same day as cruise to save money. I need to find a cheap place but not in a bad area so I can convince him to go the day before. Help!!! Thanks. Lynn

Glad you are a Smart cruiser who insits on flying in a day early ;), sorry your husband is not so smart :(.

Prices in Miami can be high in January - are you flying into MIA or FLL? :confused: For a budget motel near MIA with free airport and port shuttles many suggest the La Quinta East. If you fly into FLL there are several budget places close to the airport (Sleep Inn Dania Beach is popular) and you can shuttle to POM with SAS, QLS or Go Airport Shuttle for about $15 per person each way.

Good luck! :)

Thanks, Jen

CVS is a drug store where you can buy shampoo, sunscreen, etc and just across the street from CVS is Ross which has clothing, shoes, purses, and a variety of other things.

When I stayed at the downtown Hyatt it was an easy walk to these stores.

I am looking for a hotel to stay one night before the cruise. We will be sailing out of Miami on April 22nd.

I want a decent hotel near the port that offers free transportation from the airport to the the hotel and from the hotel to the ship. Also looking for a location where there are restaurants and shops to walk around to get some dinner.

Thanks in advance. :)

You will not find a hotel with free transportation that is near the port. You can get the Hilton for $132 or the Intercontinental for $141 for the date of 4/21 on http://www.lastminutetravel.com

Both of these are near the port and you will need to take taxis.

Hotels that offer free shuttles are going to be at the airport.

Thanks, Jen

Along with every personal item needed, if your ship allows, you can pick up wine, soda, water, snacks etc.

Coming from Michigan and flying in the same day in January is a disaster waiting to happen! :eek: ( I'm from WI, so I know about winter delays) If you miss your flight or are delayed due to weather, you'll be out a lot more than one night's room. Do you have insurance?

What is your exact date?

I'm still working on changing his mind. We are on the Liberty Jan 19th for 7 days then the Destiny for 5. Feb this year we were in FL two nights before cruise and think he got burned out on taxi and shuttle cost. Thinking of just getting a cheap hotel that has a shuttle to the hotel and port. I do love Bayside. whine whine!!!

I'm still working on changing his mind. We are on the Liberty Jan 19th for 7 days then the Destiny for 5. Feb this year we were in FL two nights before cruise and think he got burned out on taxi and shuttle cost. Thinking of just getting a cheap hotel that has a shuttle to the hotel and port. I do love Bayside. whine whine!!!

2 nights pre-cruise? I'd have rented a car rather than pay taxi and shuttle fees for 2 nights. HotWire or PriceLine can get you a good rate on a rental car, I always go this route.

Book a flight arriving late afternoon - shuttle/cab to the hotel, grab dinner or a pizza, and then shuttle/cab to POM the next morning. He won't get burned out and you still give yourselves enough of a safety margin in case of flight delays. :cool:

Priceline and Hotwire are good options, but January is peak tourist season and prices & demand will be high :eek: Book somehting now that you can live with and can be cancelled without penalty - and then keep shopping.

Good luck! :)

• 2 weeks later...

If you are arriving later in the day and all you want is dinner and a clean room, then check out hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Hampton Inn, Sofitel, Homewood Suites and others) - free airport shuttles and shopping and dining options within walking distance. ;)

If you want free transp from the airport, you will need to stay at a hotel close to the airport and the areas might not offer much for walkable restauarants.

RE: Blue Lagoon/Airport area

So which is it? One person says "dining options within walking distance" and the next person says "might not offer much for walkable restaurants".

Who is right?

I just need more clarity, that's all. Thanks!

I found the Intercontinental on the priced Priceline for $124 + taxes and Last Minute Travel wants $167 + taxes.

Is this the Intercontinental that everyone mentions. I don't want to take the wrong one.

Intercontinental at Dorval Miami

2505 Northwest 87th Ave

MIA 33172

I found the Intercontinental on the priced Priceline for $124 + taxes and Last Minute Travel wants $167 + taxes.

Is this the Intercontinental that everyone mentions. I don't want to take the wrong one.

Intercontinental at Dorval Miami

2505 Northwest 87th Ave

MIA 33172

Nope :( - the IC you want is located at: 100 CHOPIN PLAZA MIAMI, FL 33131

RE: Blue Lagoon/Airport area

So which is it? One person says "dining options within walking distance" and the next person says "might not offer much for walkable restaurants".

Who is right?

I just need more clarity, that's all. Thanks!

There are some hotels near MIA with nothing walkable in the immediate area - like the La Quinta East and Embassy Suites MIA. Blue Lagoon hotels have a local strip mall with dining and shopping nearby (across the street from the Hampton Inn -- a few blocks from the others). Good luck! :)

Archived