What has your experience been with the Pressing Service?

It's time to start packing and there's no point in pressing that formal dress that just arrived FedEx. We're in a GS, so pressing service is supposed to be included for one formal night. I'm stepping into unknown territory here and the dress is pretty important to my DD. Has anyone had any issues with the service?

All of our laundry services, including pressing, have been very good on the many RCCL cruises we have taken. Good thinking on your part to have it done on board.

Have a wondeful cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

All of our laundry services, including pressing, have been very good on the many RCCL cruises we have taken. Good thinking on your part to have it done on board.

Have a wondeful cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

Thank you for the quick response! She's been stressing over this dress since she ordered it. We leave Saturday, so it was a near thing. I think the world is going to stop turning if anything happens to it.

The hubby and I have used this service. We usually don't want to bother with the hassle and the cost is not bad either. By the way....they do an excellent job.

As for the dress...I've never used it for that. There have been instances where I've used a hair dryer to get the wrinkles out of something. These are articles that maybe had one or two which really were not that bad. It's just a thought. :D I hope this helps. Have a great cruise.

I always turn my suit in the first night and they do a great job BUT!!!!!!

Make sure you tell them you need early if you have early seating in the MDR or she might be waiting

The room stewards are on break in the afternoon and I didnt get my suit back till 545p one time and dinner was @6:eek:

I always turn my suit in the first night and they do a great job BUT!!!!!!

Make sure you tell them you need early if you have early seating in the MDR or she might be waiting

The room stewards are on break in the afternoon and I didnt get my suit back till 545p one time and dinner was @6:eek:

I will add this, too. Check your closet!! Once we sent our clothing out and come 5 pm there was no sign of it and I was getting worried. Silly me. Our room steward had very kindly put our pressed formals in there for us. I'm so used to seeing laundry just hanging on the back of the door when it's delivered that it never occurred to me that anyone would put in the wardrobe where it belongs. ;)

Re: Make sure of the timing..DH dress shirt wasn't returned on time for 1st seating..luckily he had an extra shirt..;)

I have to agree....the first thing we did when we received our luggage was get everything ready and turned in to have them pressed. I would make sure that you have a shirt/blouse that does not have to be pressed if you want it for the first night.

Like someone said....take a deep breath....and the biggest thing is to have a great time. Everyone will turn out fine. :D

Thank you all for the tips ... especially about timing. I'll make arrangements the day we board rather than waiting till whichever day she plans on wearing this one. I have no doubt that she has it all planned which of the three formal nights this one is coming out of the closet ... but she hasn't shared that with me. She just turned 18 and is savoring the illusion of independence.

It's time to start packing and there's no point in pressing that formal dress that just arrived FedEx. We're in a GS, so pressing service is supposed to be included for one formal night. I'm stepping into unknown territory here and the dress is pretty important to my DD. Has anyone had any issues with the service?

No issues at all, used it 3 or 4 times so far.

I own a drycleaner and have used the services on board. They do an excellent job. I would highly recommend them.

We used the service on the Voyager for both a suit and a formal dress as they wrinkled pretty bad in the road trip to Galveston. They did an excellent job on them. This next cruise I will wait until getting onboard and have them do the pressing.

I'm pretty sure the free pressing for GS guests is only for the 1st Formal nt...so even if you DD doesn't plan to wear the dress the 1st FN you might want to have it pressed for then just in case..

We used the service when we were on the Serenade & thought everything came back fine..

I have used the pressing service on almost every one of my 15+ cruises. Royal is usually on top of things and they do a very detailed job.

I say "usually" because only once I received my dress shirt back with a severe burn mark that basically made the shirt unwearable.

I'm sure I could have complained and gotten a credit of some sort, but I left it alone. All in all, I have been very pleased.

For DH's shirts that need ironing, I wash them at home, pack them and send them out the first day and ask that they just be pressed (less cost) and they come out beautiful. Why spend the time at home, when it gets

so wrinkled? The cost of cleaning a tux is so much cheaper on board. Compare prices to home and you will see cheaper on board. Have a great cruise....

Archived