Is it best to buy coffee card as soon as you get on ship or did I read they

imfun888

Or did I read they run specials later in the cruise.? Like a buy one get one free?

I was on the Ruby a few weeks ago. No coupons, no specials later in the week. They did have an insulated Princess coffee travel mug given out with the purchase though. That eased the cost a little. :D

Where did you get the coupon?

There used to be a 2 for 1 coupon in the book TAs gave on some cruises (not the one Princess gives everyone) but the coupon hasn't been it it the last 2 years.

There used to be a 2 for 1 coupon in the book TAs gave on some cruises (not the one Princess gives everyone) but the coupon hasn't been it it the last 2 years.

how much is the coffee card? (for a 7 day cruise)

I was on the Ruby a few weeks ago. No coupons, no specials later in the week. They did have an insulated Princess coffee travel mug given out with the purchase though. That eased the cost a little. :D

Did they have the coffee mug at the IC counter when you purchased the card? Was it on the first day or so on the cruise?

I wasnt all that impressed with the give away coffee mug we got the last time we purchased a coffee card. I've used better travel mugs. Looks like we will get another pretty soon.

Typically we purchase our coffee card and UKP almost as soon as we are on board. We find that the IC is the most convenient for us.

Or did I read they run specials later in the cruise.? Like a buy one get one free?

Just a heads up..last time we bought the card as soon as we boarded ($31 for 15 punches) when we got to our room there was a coupon for a free coffee mug. Let me just say that we had some issues trying to redeem it once we had already bought the card. Recommend getting your coupon first, then buying your card. It was nice to have the mug while aboard! They make great blended coffee...order large cuz you get a punch whether you order a large or a small. Never seen any other deals. It's still a good deal. Enjoy your cruise:D

Just a heads up..last time we bought the card as soon as we boarded ($31 for 15 punches) when we got to our room there was a coupon for a free coffee mug. Let me just say that we had some issues trying to redeem it once we had already bought the card. Recommend getting your coupon first, then buying your card. It was nice to have the mug while aboard!

Neither of the coupon books we received last month on the Sapphire had a coupon for a free mug with a coffee card purchase. Reading other recent posts seems to indicate the same experience. Some report receiving a free mug without a coupon when purchasing a coffee card however most say that you have to purchase the mug at the gift shop if you want to get one.

I didn't get a travel mug a couple of months ago on the Crown. That's okay though, I have plenty of those insulated mugs at home. The coffee card is well worth the purchase in my opinion, especially if you like the brewed coffee better, and the lattes, iced coffee beverages, etc. I also loved the Americanos that they served in the coffee bar with the various beans! mmm!

Our third Princess cruise in the last year is coming up. I plan to buy my next coffee card on embarkation day, after checking to see if there are any in-cabin coupons for a stainless steel coffee mug that, it appears, have not been available in recent months. I haven't seen any better 'deals' by waiting. Apparently, the cost is the same whether you're on a 7-day cruise or a 14-day cruise.

We are going on the Grand this January for 49 days. Anyone have any experience regarding the longer voyages. Do you get fresh brewed coffee for the duration with just the purchase of one coffee card. We were on the Emerald in early March (10days) and I felt it was definitely one of my better purchases to buy the card. Very nice to go down and get a couple decent takeout coffees first thing in the morning. We actually only used 3 of the specialty punches.

We are going on the Grand this January for 49 days. Anyone have any experience regarding the longer voyages. Do you get fresh brewed coffee for the duration with just the purchase of one coffee card. We were on the Emerald in early March (10days) and I felt it was definitely one of my better purchases to buy the card. Very nice to go down and get a couple decent takeout coffees first thing in the morning. We actually only used 3 of the specialty punches.

I don't know about a 49 day cruise however on a 30 day cruise the coffee card for brewed coffee was valid for the entire cruise. :)

I don't know how it would work if booking as one cruise when it could also be booked as a B2B cruise? Guess I'll find out at the end of the year when I'm booked on a B2B which can also be booked as a single cruise. However I would think that it would be valid for my entire cruise.

I don't know about a 49 day cruise however on a 30 day cruise the coffee card for brewed coffee was valid for the entire cruise. :)

I don't know how it would work if booking as one cruise when it could also be booked as a B2B cruise? Guess I'll find out at the end of the year when I'm booked on a B2B which can also be booked as a single cruise. However I would think that it would be valid for my entire cruise.

I think it depends on wheter or not you booked the btb cruise as two separate cruises or one long one. Each one will have a different booking # which is what they fill in on your card.

We were just on a btb on the Star from Rio to SF booked as two separate cruises. When my husband bought the coffee card, they marked it on the back with the cruise # for Rio to Valparaiso. On the second half (from Valparaiso-SF), they would no longer honor the card for free brewed coffee unless they punched the card. It may differ on the other ships but that's the way it worked on the Star Princess. I plan to check out how they handle this on the Crown Princess when we sail the TA and then the Rome-Venice btb later this month.

What my DW and I decided to do after our first cruise was to buy a cheap coffee maker, and it fits nicely in a back pack that we check with the rest of luggage. We bring our favorite coffee, and creamer. It is so nice to wake up with the smell of coffee brewing. We go out to the balcony and enjoy the sun coming up.

I think it depends on wheter or not you booked the btb cruise as two separate cruises or one long one. Each one will have a different booking # which is what they fill in on your card.

We were just on a btb on the Star from Rio to SF booked as two separate cruises. When my husband bought the coffee card, they marked it on the back with the cruise # for Rio to Valparaiso. On the second half (from Valparaiso-SF), they would no longer honor the card for free brewed coffee unless they punched the card. It may differ on the other ships but that's the way it worked on the Star Princess. I plan to check out how they handle this on the Crown Princess when we sail the TA and then the Rome-Venice btb later this month.

Princess is so inconsistant on B2B. I booked as 1 cruise, had no problem with the coffee card, and to my delight they gave me my platinum card and free internet after the first of the 2 cruises. Worked very well for me.

I think they should honour the card for your B2B no matter how booked!

Just got back from the Crown Princess today and loved having the coffee card. No specials, no coffee mug, $29 for 15 specialty coffees plus,the brew. The only confusion I had was ordering a regular iced coffee. I considered it the same as a hot coffee and got it without a punch except the one time I ordered it on deck and said I wanted an ice coffee with cream, meaning milk. They put whipped cream on it and wanted to use a punch so I just turned it down. So, did I get by on the others or should regular iced coffee be a punch?

We were lucky to grab this cruise as a straight 49 day cruise. Long waiting list. With my share holder credit and my military bonus we get $500 in on-board credits. Had I been able to book it as three separate segments which was not possible at the time the on-board credits would have added up to $1200. No big deal if they zing me for three coffee cards.

Not so sure that a cheap coffee maker is the answer.

Did they have the coffee mug at the IC counter when you purchased the card? Was it on the first day or so on the cruise?

Yep, I got mine right after embarkation as we dropped bags at the room and headed to the IC for my card and a Jamaican Blue! My mug came wrapped and boxed. Another in our party got theirs by the pool on the Lido deck where they were selling soda cards as well. His mug was loose (no box). They seemed to have plenty everywhere and again, no coupon needed. This was on the 3/18 Ruby sailing.

We were lucky to grab this cruise as a straight 49 day cruise. Long waiting list. With my share holder credit and my military bonus we get $500 in on-board credits. Had I been able to book it as three separate segments which was not possible at the time the on-board credits would have added up to $1200. No big deal if they zing me for three coffee cards.

You will probably need to speak to a manager to get the card to be valid for the duration of your single 49 day cruise.

Since there is a new cruise card for each segment, the person selling you the card has no way of knowing you have a single 49 day voyage.

Since there is a new cruise card for each segment, the person selling you the card has no way of knowing you have a single 49 day voyage.

Yes, he/she does. All they have to do is look at your cruise card and copy your cruiise # that is posted on it. It will tell if you have booked an individual cruise or a btb (as one cruise).

I love the coffee card! I purchase the coffee card and DH purchases the UKP as soon as we board- I need my lattes and he needs his milkshakes:D! I haven't seen the 2 for 1 coupon in a long time. I have seen the "free mug" coupon in a coupon book left in our cabin. On our last cruise, I went to purchase my coffee card shortly after boarding and I was told there were no mugs available on this sailing. Then a day later I saw many people with mugs and asked them where they found them/the mugs. Apparently some locations had the "free" mugs and some didn't. (I received the mug on the cruise before that. As someone else said, it wasn't the best quality,but it seemed to keep drinks hot or cold. I think I liked DHs free insulated tumbler better. It was great for keeping ice water cold.)

Archived