"Most Cruised" @ Captains Club Party

morfred

On our last cruise we were asked to attend the CC party so that Celebrity could show their appreciationm our for being "the most cruised with Celebrity" couple on the ship. Needless to say we were filled with anticipation as to how they would show their appreciation (gift certificate? ship credit? future discount? perhaps a bottle of wine?).

We attended the Captains Club party and

they requested that we sit at a reserved table in the front of the room. With great fanfare we were introduced to the gathering and presented with our gift showing their appreciation. Much to my surprise we got a generic, computer printed piece of paper stating that we were the most cruised(whoppee) and my wife got a small, token bouquet of flowers that we are not even allowed to take off the ship due to customs regs. We had nicer flowers in our suite every day.

I guess that I would have liked to be shown a little more thought from them if they wanted me to be part of their dog and pony show. Frankly I felt foolish.

I'm wondering if this is standard fare for "the most cruised". We are going on another cruise shortly (yippee!) and odds are that we will be asked to be "appreciated" again. I would not want to be used in this manner unless they showed some true gesture of appreciation.

Please don't flame me-I love Celebrity,I just want to know if this is the way it always is so that I won't do it anymore-I really do not like to be the center of attention anyway. Thanks.

morfred,

You received the standard "gift of appreciation" that Celebrity gives out nowadays. I have cruised with Celebrity 44 times and, more often than not, we are the "most cruised passengers" with Celebrity. Once, and only once, did we attend the party and get our "certificate" and flowers. We felt absolutely foolish parading up on stage and having our picture taken with the Captain. Up until very recently, you used to be presented with a bottle of champagne and 2 Celebrity champagne glasses (I have more of these glasses than I know what to do with).

So bottom line is....you received the typical Celebrity gift!

One last note: On our sailing last month we received a call asking if we would be attending the party as they wanted to honor us as being the most cruised passengers. We politely declined indicating that we had reservations in the Normandie that evening (which, in fact, was true). Normally, when we decline the invitation the "gift" is delivered to our room during the evening while we are at dinner. This time - nothing was delivered to our room. So I guess they only want to "thank you" for sailing with them if you show up at the party!

Our table mates on the Summit were the "most cruised" couple on our sailing & that is exactly what they got too! They said they wouldn't do it again either!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Champagne and glasses were the norm. Depending who the SOHO was onboard... I've received other gifts..... Celebrity beach towels, carry-on's and Swaroski (sp?) crystal sea shells, animals, etc. For being the most cruised on a reunion cruise I received a 14kt gold bracelet from the Captain's Club directly... along with the darn flowers you can't take off the ship. I left the arrangement for friends on the cruise following mine.

The champagne and glasses disappeared when they dropped the membership fee.

THE BEAN COUNTING...corporate execs (former airline execs...no doubt) must be hard at work trying to trim expenses on X while they pay themselves hefty salaries to dream up this garbage.

I know of no quicker way to turn off the absolute best customers they have by doing this sort of cheap, shoddy nickel and diming. I can not believe that intelligent management would do something this stupid.

I will make sure this thread reaches RCI corporate headquarters on Monday. This is unbelievable!!

Thankyou Morfred, JCPC and JNLROSE for illuminating this situation.

ROSS

RMS QUEEN ELIZABETH 1965/TS BREMEN 1971/RMS AMERIKANIS 1972/SS FRANCE 1973/SS FRANCE 1973/QE II 1975/QE II 1975/TS LEONARDO DaVINCI 1976/QE II 1978/TS GALLILAO 1984/ MV REGENT SEA 1988/MV ZENITH 1992/SS NORWAY 1993/MV HORIZON 1998/GTS NORWEGIAN SUN 2001/GTS CENTURY 2002/GTS SUMMIT 2003/GTS JEWEL OF THE SEAS 2004

Hey Gypsy...good to hear from you!

Now for the FLAME...what is wrong with you people! Why do they have to give you a gift. They want to thank you for cruising and you are fortunate enough to have cruised many times over what most folks ever will be able to do. My "cruise" goal is to one day be that couple who gets recognized as being the most cruised. I don't know that it will ever happen but on our last cruise the one recognized had 12...I may make that some day! And when I do, I won't be complaining!

Can't you guys find something worthwhile to complain about, like chairhogs, children, strange odors, nickel and diming, etc? icon_wink.gif

With Compassion for others we build...we fight for peace and freedom

We were fortunate to be the "Most Cruised" on one of our last Celebrity cruises. We thought it was cool. We got the standard certificate as well as a pretty bouquet of flowers. I thought it was nice, but I was a little embarrassed. "Hey look at us, we are spending our children's inheritance" icon_smile.gif

I remember telling my hubby. When you are a recognized "cruise addict" maybe it is time to slow down?

Why do so many people have their hands out to these cruise lines. You get what you pay for and should not expect more. You can easily decline when they ask you to be recognized.

I read something a few months ago about being rewarded on Celebrity with points for each cruise traveled something similar to frequent flyer points.

Has anyone heard of this new proposal? If a frequent cruiser program comes to fruition it should be a lot better than a bouquet of flowers or a bottle of wine. I am curious about this new program.

Count Down to Galaxy Transatlantic on 9/3/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;9;3;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Galaxy Transatlantic 9/2004

Galaxy 2003

Galaxy 2002

Soverign of the Seas 2002

Century 2001

Grand Princess 2001

Fascination 2000

Sun Princess 1999

Rhapsody of the Seas 1997

Soverign of the Seas 1994

Song of Norway RCL 1994

Monarch of the Seas 1993

Premier Disney Lines 1986

Premier Cruise Lines 1985

Hiicon_smile.gif When we are on the Mercury in March there was also one person who was honared. I think he had been on 16 cruises with Celebrity. Not sure what he received...a lot of applause though icon_wink.gif.

He sat one table away from us. I do recall Shelley (the social hostess) sat with his party one evening for dinner.

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

The last cruise I took I was one of the passengers that cruised the most. I enoyed the party and felt honored to have my photo taken with the captain. For me it really made the cruise memorable and a special occasion.

We had the honor of being recognized on the Galaxy in March. I thought it was fun and having our picture taken with the Captain was a little extra perk. I don't expect anything, so something is always a pleasant surprise. The bouquet of flowers was quite large and the certificate was nice too. What's the gripe?

Marilyn

Please understand where I am coming from. The Captains Club party is basically a public relations event for Celebrity. My wife and I have probably spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-50k on our cruises. I merely think that if you do want to show me appreciation, do it with a little more thought. Ocngypz mentioned crystal or wine glasses -that would be nice. I'm certainly not looking for a handout-just thoughtfulness. If not it is my right to respectfully decline the offer and pass it on to someone else.

Again I love celebrity and do consider myself fortunate to have cruised so often. But at the next CC party I will either be anonymous in the audience or on my balcony with a glass of wine.

I remember the first Repeaters party (if anyone remembers,this was separate from the Captain's Club party) and yes,they gave some beautiful gifts. I'm not surprised that they went the low route, but they really should do more for the most cruised passengers.

Ocngypz, I was wondering where you've been!!!!!! Been on more cruises?

Anita

And now Infinity 2005!

Millennium 2003

Century 2002

Summit 2001

Century 2000

Zenith 1996

Horizon 1994

Horizon 1993

Sunward 1992

Star Princess 1990

Maxim Gorky 1974 & 1975

On our last Celebrity cruise, the "most cruises" person was an obnoxious 30-ish alcoholic female, who, when seated across from us at the Captains' table on formal night (we were seated next to the captain) proceeded to repeatedly bit*h slap the husband of the couple to her right and call him and others "Jacka$$" throughout the entire meal. It made the occasion really special for all!

Hey Ocngypz and Seabee, welcome back!!! Or have I just been missing your posts? Seabee, I still don't know the answer from the Marine post some months ago?

I agree, Celebrity has been cutting costs. I have read about it on the posts and witnessed it firsthand on the Zenith in April.

For those of you who might have Celebrity glasses and other momentos that you no longer want, you can list them on e-bay. I began searching when I was looking to Christmas ornaments in Dec. There are many items listed, or I might be interested in buying them. Since my father's death, I have started a Celebrity collection.

Someday I hope to be the most traveled Celebrity Cruiser. ;-))

To take a couple who have cruised more than 40 times with X and use them for a chintzy PR event is disgusting. These folks have spent 10s of 1000s of $$ and dedicated themselves to one company...X. This is nothing more than the current bean counting directed from Miami. It is indicative of the assinine way middle management is dealing with the X pax.

I have already sent this on to someone who will place it with the right people. It is obvious, from the comments, that most frequent X cruisers are also disgusted with the event. I am sorry but...I am from "the old school"...when you have a customer who has shown extraordinary dedication...You reward that customer. This is downright cheap on the part of X. If X is trying to distinguish themselves from the pack...this is a very idiotic way of doing it.

To me, it is not a question of putting your hand out...it is a question of good business practices.

ROSS

RMS QUEEN ELIZABETH 1965/TS BREMEN 1971/RMS AMERIKANIS 1972/SS FRANCE 1973/SS FRANCE 1973/QE II 1975/QE II 1975/TS LEONARDO DaVINCI 1976/QE II 1978/TS GALLILAO 1984/ MV REGENT SEA 1988/MV ZENITH 1992/SS NORWAY 1993/MV HORIZON 1998/GTS NORWEGIAN SUN 2001/GTS CENTURY 2002/GTS SUMMIT 2003/GTS JEWEL OF THE SEAS 2004

I agree with Morfred, OcnGypZ and CGT Normandie. What used to be a sincere gesture of appreciation from a cruise line for their devoted cruisers has evolved into a pure public relations boost for the cruise line. Is the acknowledgement a sincere appreciation for return passengers or a subtle, or not so subtle, advertisement for Celebrity?

Recognizing what the norm seems to be for "most cruised" on X, if it were me, I would be sure to be otherwise occupied on the night of recognition.

The last cruise I was on (it was another cruise line) a couuple was honored for the number of cruises and my husband and I both remember that it was over 100 cruises...I'm not exagerating..and I remember thinking how do you have the time??? money??? and how many times can you go to Saint Thomas??? icon_smile.gif...but then I remember thinking...that's my goal...don't care if they give me anything...just the knowledge that I did it! By the way, this couple was from England and I they may have had the honor of being the oldest on the cruise that year...precious couple

Panama Canal on the Galaxy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;11;25;19;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

OCNGYPZ,

I too, have to say, we've had our differences, but I am glad to have you back! icon_wink.gif You have a VAST knowledge that I enjoy reading about-- icon_biggrin.gif most of the time! Taken with a grain of salt I hope! icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Welcome Back! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Ocngypz

Glad to see you are back. I have missed your knowledge, insight and wit. Hope this is the first of many more postings from you.

Welcome back

greg

Mercury 03/00

Infinity 03/01

Millennium 11/01

Summit 03/02

Constellation 12/02

Century 05/03

Mercury 12/03

Cindy, I attended one of those gatherings on the QE2 because my mother made me go. That was actually done very nicely. They served Mimosas and some little snackies. They called people to the front of the room to accept their gifts but certainly no one was paraded anywhere. The passengers seemed pleased to be ackowledged and the gifts were momento worthy. Cunard doesn't go by the number of cruises, they go by the number of days spent on board. My mom qualified because of a world cruise but she took off for the bathroom, they never called her name and to this day I wonder why I had to participate. icon_razz.gif

Zenith from Jacksonville

Feb. 13 05

Cindy, I have a set of four Celebrity glasses that you are welcome to have. I also have an extra diningroom table vase (our waiter gifted me with two of them because I mentioned that it would look great on our kitchen windowsil). Guess what kind of tip he got. icon_biggrin.gif Let me know. icon_smile.gif

Zenith from Jacksonville

Feb. 13 05

Archived