7am arrival at port of miami...What time to fly out of FLL

I am arriving at the port of Miami on majesty of the seas on a friday at 7am. Do you think I can make a 11:40am flight back home from FLL? I am a rapid rewards member on SWA so I can book ay time of day. I prefer the 11:40 flight though because its a shorter flight than the others. I plan on using a shuttle van to get back to FLL.

I am arriving at the port of Miami on majesty of the seas on a friday at 7am. Do you think I can make a 11:40am flight back home from FLL? I am a rapid rewards member on SWA so I can book ay time of day. I prefer the 11:40 flight though because its a shorter flight than the others. I plan on using a shuttle van to get back to FLL.

who's shuttle. Many of them pick you up around 9 and that would make me worry about making it. FLL is a zoo in the mid morning.

You might make this flight if you use the express check inn, meaning you take all your luggage with you and are able to leave the ship at round 7.30. It also implies that you transfer is not waiting for other passagiers and it is not a weekday. In this case you might arrive in FTLL early enough.

One tip : Verify that your account has been propperly paid. I have heard from people being delayed because of errors in accounting.

was going to use SAS but havent booked it yet.

The next available flight is 3:05pm.

My dad lives in Miami and he said Friday mornings are really bad for traffic in that area. I might just change it to the 3:05 and get off the ship late. Do the let you eat breakfast before you get off the ship?

I had an 11:45 flight on either AA or Delta (can't remember) 1 1/2 ago coming off the Oasis. I was terrified I wouldn't make it! It actually was the easiest flight out I've ever had! We were off the boat around 8am headed straight to the airport via cab. That early things were still somewhat quiet. We made it through security quickly & had plenty of time to grab breakfast. We still had to sit & wait before boarding! Oh, we did valet our bags the night before so, that may have helped!

did this with them last year and had no problem

That's nice, but there are no guarantees. If you just happen to miss a shuttle which is just pulling away, who knows how long you will have to wait for the next!

I had an 11:45 flight on either AA or Delta (can't remember) 1 1/2 ago coming off the Oasis. I was terrified I wouldn't make it! It actually was the easiest flight out I've ever had! We were off the boat around 8am headed straight to the airport via cab. That early things were still somewhat quiet. We made it through security quickly & had plenty of time to grab breakfast. We still had to sit & wait before boarding! Oh, we did valet our bags the night before so, that may have helped!

Leaving Oasis and getting from Port Everglades to FLL is not quite the same issue as leaving Majesty and getting from the Port of Miami to FLL.

Leaving Oasis and getting from Port Everglades to FLL is not quite the same issue as leaving Majesty and getting from the Port of Miami to FLL.

Correct. Much more traffic between Miami and FLL.

was going to use SAS but havent booked it yet.

The next available flight is 3:05pm.

My dad lives in Miami and he said Friday mornings are really bad for traffic in that area. I might just change it to the 3:05 and get off the ship late. Do the let you eat breakfast before you get off the ship?

there is no traffic between port everglades and Fort Lauderdale airport. they are 3-5 miles apart depending what exit the taxi uses.

there is no traffic between port everglades and Fort Lauderdale airport. they are 3-5 miles apart depending what exit the taxi uses.

Once again, the OP is sailing into the Port of Miami not Port Everglades.

Archived