Review of the Ruby Princess, April 1st sailing the eastern Caribbean

BugsyCruiser

Good to hear from you Dixon and glad you had a great time. By the way, was Captain Yeomans the master of the ship? And who was your cruise director? We had Samantha and she was an absolute riot! :)

Yes Captain Yeomans was in charge and he was just great! We had Ron Goodman as a CD. The Captain was at our Meet and Greet but Ron Goodman was not. I really did not have much contact with him, so I do not have much of an impression one way or other.

I actually liked Princess way more than HAL. I have nothing against Holland America but it definitely is geared towards a much older crowd. Of course I was part of the National Review group so it was cool to meet all the speakers and dine with them but HAL is not exactly a party ship. Princess was much more lively, without bopping you over the head with it

Me too, but not because of older crowd, it was regular summer mix: families. Service on Princess was much better in both staterooms and restaurants. Also Princess ships offer more variety in entertainment, food choices, pools.

I am not sure why HAL is considered to be a premium line.

Archived