Review of the Ruby Princess, April 1st sailing the eastern Caribbean

BugsyCruiser

Well we left St. Thomas at 4pm and now headed for Grand Turk... another beautiful day at St. Thomas

Report card:

Excursion: definitely an A+

Even though it's only my second cruise ever, St. Thomas is still currently my favorite port :)

Thank you for a camera recommendation earlier and another installment of great pictures and info.

St Thomas is also one of my favorite islands. Together with PR it was our first Caribbean "cruise" island way back in 2003, and after 7 or 8 times there it feels almost like coming home (in a good way :))

If you sail there again and based on the things you like seeing, I believe you will enjoy http://www.coralworldvi.com/ .

I decided on this night to go for one of the specialty restaurants and opted for the Crown Grill. Absolutely well worth the 25 dollar cover charge. I had filet and lobster tail, baked potato, wild berry and apple cobbler plus all the coffee and water you want for that price. Tell me one restaurant with the kind of service, food, and setting back in the states that you would get a meal like that for 25? Not one.

One of the neat things was is that they remove the lobster meat from the tail... so no effort needed on your part. I will definitely go here again on the next cruise. By the way, out of the four salts they offer, the smoked applewood is the best IMHO

Food: A+

Service: A+

Value: A+

Thank you for a camera recommendation earlier and another installment of great pictures and info.

St Thomas is also one of my favorite islands. Together with PR it was our first Caribbean "cruise" island way back in 2003, and after 7 or 8 times there it feels almost like coming home (in a good way :))

If you sail there again and based on the things you like seeing, I believe you will enjoy http://www.coralworldvi.com/ .

Coral world definitely looks interesting. Next time I'm there, I think that's where I'll go :)

Friday, we arrive in Grand Turk around 1245pm. The Noordam is already docked there... she leaves about two hours later so again, another port where either we are the only ship or one of two... I really enjoyed not having the crowds

041.jpg

042.jpg

044.jpg

046.jpg

This is just my opinion... but Grand Turk is a port I can do without. I don't dislike the people or Margaritaville, but just not that interesting to me. I understand they have excursions and some people said they really enjoyed them but an extra day at sea instead would be ok with me.

That being said, I do like the food at Margaritaville(be very hungry if you order the nachos) and again another thanks goes out to Jilllofalltrades and her husband for being so kind as to invite me and others over to the cabana they rented to relax and socialize.

I just have mixed feelings on this port my friends. By the way, a lot of people were upset that they could not buy alcohol in port... it was Good Friday. Of course you could go back to the ship and get plastered but then again there's that chance of falling off the pier when you try to go back ashore... :p

Overall grade for Grand Turk: B-

Food at Margaritaville: A

WHAT AN AMAZING REVIEW AND PIX!!!! Totally awesome. We were on the Ruby in December and you brought back many wonderful memories. We are planning our next cruise to use some of our FCCs. It most likely will be full transit of the Panama Canal.

Again, thank you for your efforts.

This picture of the moon shining on the water is one of the most beautiful pictures I have seen of photos taken by an "amateur" What an amazing shot bugsy....this certainly could qualify you as a professional photographer as I can't remember seeing anything so lovely!

Archived