hello - is anyone out there going to Greece

kuddles 2008

I am absolutely astounded that no one had begun a post for our cruise in October so I did. Cruise Critic has always been such an amazing tool in helping me hook up with others for private excursions or getting super helpful information.

To date there have only been maybe a dozen views. I even double checked to see if I had posted the boat and date correctly. I know a fair number of cabin choices are wait listed so there are definitely passengers booked. But where is everyone? Is cruise critic a dying resource? I certainly hope not. It would be such a shame.

I am absolutely astounded that no one had begun a post for our cruise in October so I did. Cruise Critic has always been such an amazing tool in helping me hook up with others for private excursions or getting super helpful information.

To date there have only been maybe a dozen views. I even double checked to see if I had posted the boat and date correctly. I know a fair number of cabin choices are wait listed so there are definitely passengers booked. But where is everyone? Is cruise critic a dying resource? I certainly hope not. It would be such a shame.

Roll Calls are funny things, sometimes you wind up sailing with a shipload of people who aren't familiar with Cruise Critic! :eek: It is just the luck of the draw.

There are also a NUMBER of people who DO post here, but are not familiar with the "Search" feature, so you want to try to keep your Roll Call on the first page of results in order to get the most exposure.

There is one started in Feb maybe just bring that one to the forefront by posting there

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1470742

Sometimes if no one post it drops off the 1st page ;)

as J & S stated some

roll Calls are better than others

there are 3 RC for the same cruise

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1552054

people need to change the default for number of posts to see the other pages with several roll calls for the same cruises because people do not realize how to search before starting another Roll call

According to Oceania only about 5% of their cruisers are on CC. That's not much. The response for our two booked cruises is also nil.;)

Then again there may be plenty of people like me. I've been to Athens, I truly have no desire to go back. There's still a lot of places in the world I haven't been to yet.

The stop in Santorini was beautiful though. Can you bypass Athens and still do a Greek Isle tour?

Can you bypass Athens and still do a Greek Isle tour?

Levent Solmaz, the guide that we try to use in Turkey, has often suggested what he calls the "inexpensive option" of chartering a boat in the Bodrum area of Southern Turkey, and touring the various Greek and Turkish islands.

show_marina_image.php?marina_im=7 apparently, this is already a very popular option with Europeans.

Then again there may be plenty of people like me. I've been to Athens, I truly have no desire to go back. There's still a lot of places in the world I haven't been to yet.

The stop in Santorini was beautiful though. Can you bypass Athens and still do a Greek Isle tour?

We are doing Greece in October and we disembark in Athens. As we have close to no interest in seeing Athens, we are heading straight to the airport!

We love Athens! We are going in a few days early for our May cruise. So much history! And, good food! Sherry & Kimber

Do you think it is worthwhile to spend the extra day there - or having an overnight with a full day private excursion sufficient?

We love also going down to Cape Souinon..the drive down is gorgeous and the ruins are magnificent. The Plaka is a fun area, the Acropolis is fabulous and the new museum we hear is something else. There is just SO much history here. The Plaka has a lot of fascinating small museums and chuches to see.

Enjoy!

Sherry

Thank you for being so positive about Athens Sherry. Why post an answer to someone when you hate the place...lol We arrive in Athens on October 22 and have booked a 4-day mainland tour so we don't have to think too hard about where we are going. We do plan to book Hotel Plaka in the Plaka area so nice to know we will be in center of things. Thank you.

Archived