Which spa experience should I choose?

My TA gifted me with a spa service. I have to choose between these three. I've never gone to the spa so which one do you think I should go for?

- La Therapie Hydrolift facial

- Swedish massage

- Reflexology including massage

They all look interesting but honestly I haven't a clue as to what's what. A manicure/pedicure is as much experience as I have in the spa world. I need some expert advice!

This is on the Brilliance of the Seas.

for your first experience I would do the swedish massage.

Facials are great... but sometimes your skin is sensitive and irritated for a couple of days after. Not good for being in sun and or trying to look good at night!

Massages are always relaxing and what is better on a cruis than being relaxed?!?!?!?!

Reflexology including massage- this will leave you feeling very relaxed. Reflexology is ususally on the feet-massaging certain pressure points which relate to body functions.

I second this--you'll love it!

On the Oasis I was allowed to choose from any service I wanted, they treated it as a $119 credit (the price of the swedish massage) with that same certificate. I decided to spend an extra $10 to get a deep tissue massage but that is my personal preference since I was having a lot of shoulder tension right before the cruise.

I second this--you'll love it!

I agree completely. I love a foot massage and sometimes get one just by itself. However if you do not like your feet touched this would not be for you. Hard to believe but my sister is one of those.

If you have never had a massage before you might actually find it a bit difficult to relax - as strange as that may sound. Some people are just not too comfortable having it done to them. My personal favourite is always a facial - you don't have that slight embarrassment factor and you usually get a facial or scalp massage as part of the treatment. Pure bliss in my opinion!

I might skip the facial. I bought my wife one of the spa experience packages and included was the facial. About 3-4 hours later, her face broke out due to whatever they used in the facial. We had to go the infirmary. Made scuba diving the next day pretty painful with the saltwater and all.

To RCCL's credit, we brought it to the attention of the front desk and they gave her a full refund and free dinner at Chops.

I was also gifted the same package from my TA. So this thread is good. I hadn't thought about my skin being sensitive after a facial.

Thinking the reflexology massage or like another poster said and try to use as credit and possible upgrade.

Have not used the spa on any of our cruises, so this will be a first experience.

If you have never had a massage before you might actually find it a bit difficult to relax - as strange as that may sound. Some people are just not too comfortable having it done to them. My personal favourite is always a facial - you don't have that slight embarrassment factor and you usually get a facial or scalp massage as part of the treatment. Pure bliss in my opinion!

I agree completely--so relaxing! :)

Thank you everyone! I think I will nix the facial and go for reflexology plus massage. My daughter is going to be with me on the Brilliance of the Seas and we're going to attempt climbing the Rock of Gibraltar, our first port. I think my tootsies will appreciate a bit of pampering after that. ;)

Archived