Dreaded news 6 days from cruising

penguinscott

I leave for my transAtlantic from New Orleans on Friday and just found out that once I arrive in Barcelona, the crew on the Spirit are going to make me leave the ship! :eek:

How terrible! :confused:

No lines to wait in for dining. No shows after dinner each night. Who will turn my beding down each evening?

Finally, my cruise is so close I can smell it! :D

I leave for my transAtlantic from New Orleans on Friday and just found out that once I arrive in Barcelona, the crew on the Spirit are going to make me leave the ship! :eek:

No lines to wait in for dining. No shows after dinner each night. Who will turn my beding down each evening?

You have clearly ignored the fine print - one must always read the fine print! Also anyone here could been able to tell you that the evil crew is like that - always friendly at first and when you've become accustomed to the warm and fuzzy feeling, they start talking about how they need the cabin for someone else. :p :D

I know, me too! :D

Geez.....we leave Saturday for our TA to Barcelona....I had better see if the crew on the Epic will be doing the same thing!!

have a great cruise!!!!! :) hope our crossings are smooth sailings....

Marsha

You have clearly ignored the fine print - one must always read the fine print! Also anyone here could been able to tell you that the evil crew is like that - always friendly at first and when you've become accustomed to the warm and fuzzy feeling, they start talking about how they need the cabin for someone else. :p :D

Where to heck is that darn like button :D :D

Marshabear...do not recall seeing your name on the epic meet and mingle list. If not already on it, check out our rollcall. We are 100 cruise critic members strong and are all anxious for Saturday!

LOL I totally thought this post was going in a different direction :p

Pilfer a crew uniform, and assume an identity similar to that undertaken by Leonardo Dicaprio in the movie, Catch Me If you Can.

Hopefully you don't get that role confused with his 1997 appearance in The Titanic...as you sail across the Atlantic.;)

I usually spend the last day on the ship moping around getting gloomier as the day ends. Then it happens that last morning where you have to get up early and out the door you go. YUCK, I hate that! Wish there was a better way to do it. However, I think there is no good way to get thrown off the ship. ;)

Poor Child!!! I do know how you feel. I have two cruises on The Star and one on The Sun coming within the next 53 weeks and I feel the same way already.

I suppose you could always sign on as a member of the crew;).

That won't work either. DS is getting kicked off in Barcelona also.

All that way and he only gets to spend a couple of hours in Europe. Of course his cruise was a lot longer - 7 months.

Go look for him in the Stardust!

Enjoy your cruise!

All that way and he only gets to spend a couple of hours in Europe. Of course his cruise was a lot longer - 7 months.

Enjoy your cruise!

Is he going back to work after his hiatus? Or has he found something more land based.

How can you do this to me? I log in,,, and the first message on the board is yours..... I am openning the message feeling my heart switching places with my tummy.....expectin somethin horrible,,,like I ws not going to see ya :(......

Now you OWE ME....and as pay back,,, I WILL count down to you every day while we cruise!!!

Bad boy Scott... bad boy!!!

AJ

Enjoy your cruise!

Can you believe after all this time I am actually working with Shawn on the crossing???? Seems like years ago we first discussed it. I get off in Barcelona as well but have the GREAT JOY of joining Scott (who started this thread....yet again....SMALL WORLD!!!!!) as we stay 4 days in an apartment in Las Ramblas! WOW!:D

Marshabear, I was on Liberty a few years ago. Nice ship, but I didn't like Carnival. I'll have to try them again now that they've enhanced their non-smoking policies.

Crew mom, are you saying your son works on the Spirit? You'll have to let me know more and I'll certainly seek him out for a hello!

I could never work on a ship. I'm too lazy to work all those days with no time off; esp in a setting like a cruise ship! :cool:

AJ, of all the people I hoped wouldn't find my post! You can't get rid of me that easily. I'll see you New Orleans in a few days, or for lunch on Sunday!

Nathan, I thought we had 6 days in BCN. Like I said, it's going to be epic! No, wait. That's a different ship. It's going to be Spirited!

Is he going back to work after his hiatus? Or has he found something more land based.

Of course he's going back! I think he has more salt water in his veins than blood after all these years! He started on NCL 12 yrs ago.

Can you believe after all this time I am actually working with Shawn on the crossing???? Seems like years ago we first discussed it. I get off in Barcelona as well but have the GREAT JOY of joining Scott (who started this thread....yet again....SMALL WORLD!!!!!) as we stay 4 days in an apartment in Las Ramblas! WOW!:D

Hate to say it Nathan but it was years ago that you two talked about it! He's looking forward to a new cast :rolleyes: He doing 3 handovers right now so he's B.U.S.Y. He is very happy that you're bringing them out and getting them settled! Give him a big hug from me (Just 'cause it will embarrass him!) Have a great time in Las Ramblas. How cool!

Crew mom, are you saying your son works on the Spirit? You'll have to let me know more and I'll certainly seek him out for a hello!

Since you know Nathan I know you'll meet my son on board. He's the Entertainment Production Manager.

I could never work on a ship. I'm too lazy to work all those days with no time off; esp in a setting like a cruise ship! :cool:

He's been so busy that he hasn't been off the ship very much the past few weeks. He's ready for a vacation!

Nathan, I thought we had 6 days in BCN. Like I said, it's going to be epic! No, wait. That's a different ship. It's going to be Spirited!

Maybe the Epic is the next cruise!

Archived