payment question

This is the first cruise im setting up myself. It's a honeymoon cruise for my fiance and I. My question is that on the RC website I can't find anywhere about how much I owe and when the payment is due, or to even pay to remaining balance. I already have the cruise reserved, paid the deposit and have a reservation number. Do I have to start the check in process in order to pay for the rest of the cruise or do they send me a bill/invoice? Any help would be appreciated. All I have is an email from them saying that I paid the deposit and my reservation number. In the email it claims I can make payments online, but I can't find it anywhere. Not even in FAQ section.

TIA

Did you make reservations with a travel agent or on the website? If you used the website, first you will have to find your reservation. Sign onto the website, and go to "My Cruises", if you do not see your reservation, click on " don't see your reservation" in the middle of the page and continue to fill out your information.

Once you have done this, your payment information will show up on the website and you will be able to make payment with a credit card. It may take a day for it to show up. If this doesn't work, I would call them at 866-862-7625.

Carol

Did you make reservations with a travel agent or on the website? If you used the website, first you will have to find your reservation. Sign onto the website, and go to "My Cruises", if you do not see your reservation, click on " don't see your reservation" in the middle of the page and continue to fill out your information.

Once you have done this, your payment information will show up on the website and you will be able to make payment with a credit card. It may take a day for it to show up. If this doesn't work, I would call them at 866-862-7625.

Carol

Thank you Carol, I have already done all that a while ago. And No where on the site do I see a place that you can check what you have purchased, what you owe and when you owe it. My reservation is all there and everything. Do I need to start the check in process first or something else?

Thank you Carol, I have already done all that a while ago. And No where on the site do I see a place that you can check what you have purchased, what you owe and when you owe it. My reservation is all there and everything. Do I need to start the check in process first or something else?

Is this a single cruise or a back 2 back? On back to back cruises it seems that you can't access the payment section and have to call payments in

Is this a single cruise or a back 2 back? On back to back cruises it seems that you can't access the payment section and have to call payments in

Its a single cruise and I booked it online through RC website.

So once you have logged in and gone to "purchased and held cruises" you click on 'view my cruise'. Then a window should come up with 'make a payment' and 'cancel this cruise' up top and what you've paid should be shown on the right.

Do you have an online account? Can you log in? You need to set up an account with your email address and user name. Then you can log into 'My Cruises'. If you do that and don't see anything, it will say, 'don't see your cruise?' and you click on that. Put in your name and reservation number. Then you can access all info.

Edited by marci22

So once you have logged in and gone to "purchased and held cruises" you click on 'view my cruise'. Then a window should come up with 'make a payment' and 'cancel this cruise' up top and what you've paid should be shown on the right.

Do you have an online account? Can you log in? You need to set up an account with your email address and user name. Then you can log into 'My Cruises'. If you do that and don't see anything, it will say, 'don't see your cruise?' and you click on that. Put in your name and reservation number. Then you can access all info.

Im gonna assume its suppose to be right under vacation summary? Right now It has the warning statement in red stating only reservations done on Royalcaribbean.com can be modified online. I did my reservation online with RC. I guess I need to get them to fix this.

I see 'Please note that only reservations made on RoyalCaribbean.com with your My Cruises account can be modified online. You can however complete your Online Check-In and make advanced reservations using our Pre-Cruise Planner.'

That red statement means that you cannot cancel online, you have to call. I can still 'make a payment', view my amounts owed, and make dining reservations, etc.

That red statement comes up if you made your reservation by phone or onboard. If you made it online yourself, you shouldn't see that. Maybe you made the reservation online without logging in first?

If you are not seeing 'make a payment' and your amounts owed, then I would call and ask them what's wrong.

Edited by marci22

I see 'Please note that only reservations made on RoyalCaribbean.com with your My Cruises account can be modified online. You can however complete your Online Check-In and make advanced reservations using our Pre-Cruise Planner.'

That red statement means that you cannot cancel online, you have to call. I can still 'make a payment', view my amounts owed, and make dining reservations, etc.

That red statement comes up if you made your reservation by phone or onboard. If you made it online yourself, you shouldn't see that. Maybe you made the reservation online without logging in first?

If you are not seeing 'make a payment' and your amounts owed, then I would call and ask them what's wrong.

I see the same thing as you do in the red. But no where do I se anything about make a payment or amount owed. I just emailed them through there website to see what im missing. I know I have time to make the final payment but I don't want to leave things to the last minute.

I see the same thing as you do in the red. But no where do I se anything about make a payment or amount owed. I just emailed them through there website to see what im missing. I know I have time to make the final payment but I don't want to leave things to the last minute.

If you indeed booked through RCI's web site as I do, when you log on you will first come to a page titled "MY CRUISES". There you will see:

Check out cruises you have a current reservation for or have placed on hold.

Purchased & Held Cruises

Reservation Number xxxxxxxxxx

Don't see your reservation?

You then click on your reservation number and you will then come to the "Countdown to Cruise" Page and there it will have a "Vacation Summary" with the guest, stateroom info, to the right it will have your package total and outstanding balance.

There are 7 tabs right above "Vacation Summary" and one of the tabs is "Payments". if you click on that tab it will have the cruise fair liste for each person, all the payments that you have made, the additional items you purchased and the summary with the total cost.

If you are not seeing all of this, then you should call Customer Service cause there could be a problem.

Edited by bigque

• 10 months later...

Did anyone get in touch with Royal Caribbean about the message (see below, in red) that some people have seen in their reservation? Did they explain it? As I posted in another thread:

Just booked two reservations with a Royal Caribbean agent on the phone, one for myself and another for a family member. Both were Next cruise/Decide Later reservations.

My sister says that when she accesses her reservation in her My Cruises account, she gets this message on the Overview tab:

Please note that only reservations made on RoyalCaribbean.com with your My Cruises account can be modified online. You can however complete your Online Check-In and make advanced reservations using our Pre-Cruise Planner.

It's the first phrase that is perplexing. She does appear to have some options missing on the Overview tab, eg: She cannot modify guest profiles, just view them.

I don't get this message on my reservation which was made at the same time. Everything appears as it should.

Yes, she can still take care of her reservation, so that's not an issue. She can also update/correct guest profile info via the online check-in. Just wondering why she gets the message. Glitch?

Edited by Vonbear

When you book Online thru a RCL agent, you can modify your Reserv. If done thru a TA, then you would need to call your TA and they inturn call RCL to make any changes you wish, Room changes, getting price drops. All add on such as excursions, listed below your names you can do yourself. I booked thru a Ta and see that Note all the time but ignore it. I made a room change on one of my cruises but called my TA

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having this same problem. I made my reservation online and I am the only one on my reservation. When I first did it the green button to make a payment was there as well as my balance. Now I don't have any of that. And I have that message in red that says I can make any changes. I prefer being able to do things online and it is very aggravating to not even be able to see what my remaining balance is. I called today and they said that they were not able to do anything about it. Just wondering if anybody has been able to get this fixed so I can call again and tell them how to fix it? Any help would be much appreciated!!

Trixie :D

When you booked on line, there was a button asking you to own your reservation, if you did not see this and bypassed it, there is no way to go back and own the reservation at this time, you will need to call and ask for a booking invoice from RCCL and it will have the payment dates on it. 800-327-6700.

• 2 years later...
When you booked on line, there was a button asking you to own your reservation, if you did not see this and bypassed it, there is no way to go back and own the reservation at this time, you will need to call and ask for a booking invoice from RCCL and it will have the payment dates on it. 800-327-6700.

Just noticed this thread, and I am in the same position.

I booked online through RC and do not remember any option to own the reservation.

Whereabouts during the booking process is this option ?

A parallel question here...

I'm planning to book a cruise for 2016 while I'm onboard - I've already been told (I believe by Bob) that I can advise them I don't want the cruise handled by the agency handling the group I'm cruising with (I never use a TA other than in this case when I have to - I want control of my reservation, and I know from just talking with an agent there it's not like I'd get any extra OBC from them, so it's totally NOT worth it). But I won't be making the reservation online - but in person. Does this mean I'll have to call every time I want to make a payment as well just because I took advantage of their book on board offer?

A parallel question here...

I'm planning to book a cruise for 2016 while I'm onboard - I've already been told (I believe by Bob) that I can advise them I don't want the cruise handled by the agency handling the group I'm cruising with (I never use a TA other than in this case when I have to - I want control of my reservation, and I know from just talking with an agent there it's not like I'd get any extra OBC from them, so it's totally NOT worth it). But I won't be making the reservation online - but in person. Does this mean I'll have to call every time I want to make a payment as well just because I took advantage of their book on board offer?

It used to be that you could still make payments online, even if you made a shipboard reservation in person. However, I've read that some have had problems even seeing the "Payment" tab when they have called to make reservations, so I don't know if the lack of the "Payment" tab is one of the many website glitches, or a change in policy. This would be something I would ask the person onboard who is doing the booking for you.

Edited by clarea

It used to be that you could still make payments online, even if you made a shipboard reservation in person. However, I've read that some have had problems even seeing the "Payment" tab when they have called to make reservations, so I don't know if the lack of the "Payment" tab is one of the many website glitches, or a change in policy. This would be something I would ask the person onboard who is doing the booking for you.

Ok. It's not a deal breaker - just an added step that would be nice to avoid if possible (the calling in). But I can call if I have to.

I may be mistaken but several months ago there was a problem when making payments online. Once you made the payment there was a possibility that it may rebook the price to current pricing on Royal's website causing multiple phone calls to correct the actual cruise price and remaining payments.

I may be mistaken but several months ago there was a problem when making payments online. Once you made the payment there was a possibility that it may rebook the price to current pricing on Royal's website causing multiple phone calls to correct the actual cruise price and remaining payments.

This re-pricing can also happen when simply looking at the booking. It's been happening since Oct 2013 when major changes were made to the booking ending. One more reason to always have a written copy of your Royal booking confirmation.