paid in full and now a summer sale?

Emmabelle

Hello,

Carnival is running a summer sale for "new" bookings and I see that my particular fare is $50 cheaper per person, which in my case would be a $200 savings.

I'm paid in full though and it's 78 days until my cruise. Is there anything I can do, or do I just have to suck it up? ;)

Hello,

Carnival is running a summer sale for "new" bookings and I see that my particular fare is $50 cheaper per person, which in my case would be a $200 savings.

I'm paid in full though and it's 78 days until my cruise. Is there anything I can do, or do I just have to suck it up? ;)

Did you book early saver?

I think even though you've paid in full they will give you on board credit to use on the ship. I'd give them a call and there is also a form you can fill out and send to them. You have to have booked ES to do this. Good Luck

Did you book the Early Saver rate? If so, then you can get price protection up to 2 days before sailing. If not, then you're out of luck! It also depends on the details of this new sale. I haven't looked into this one, as my cabin and higher cat. cabins are all sold out for my cruise. But first things first....you need to find out what rate you booked.

I think even though you've paid in full they will give you on board credit to use on the ship. I'd give them a call and there is also a form you can fill out and send to them. Good Luck

Only if you are booked ES.

I think even though you've paid in full they will give you on board credit to use on the ship. I'd give them a call and there is also a form you can fill out and send to them. Good Luck

With this summer sale, I think I'm missing out on an OBC besides the lower fare, it's so confusing. If I'm looking at it correctly, I'm paying $50pp higher fare and also losing $50 per person in OBC. Ughhh....

Did you book the Early Saver rate? If so, then you can get price protection up to 2 days before sailing. If not, then you're out of luck! It also depends on the details of this new sale. I haven't looked into this one, as my cabin and higher cat. cabins are all sold out for my cruise. But first things first....you need to find out what rate you booked.

just a past guest rate, they didn't have ES available...

If you are 78 days out, and final payment isn't due until 75 days out, I would call Carnival and ask because even though you paid in full, it's before the FP due date. Had you not paid in full in advance of the date, you probably could have gotten the price reduction before you made final payment.

I say the above, but if the sale is for new bookings only, then I think you are out of luck, but I would still call. Normally, sales for new bookings only means just that, but I have seen people say that they will cancel what they already have booked and rebook and Carnival has given them the lower rate.

If you are past the FP date though, disregard all I have said because you won't get any price reduction.

thanks everyone for the responses! :)

I probably could cancel everything and start fresh since I'm not at the 75 day mark yet, but I guess that would be a little bit of a pain. Guess I'll just suck it up. ;) (I'm already in an OV and balcony would be too much more, even though it sounds fab).

If you are 78 days out, and final payment isn't due until 75 days out, I would call Carnival and ask because even though you paid in full, it's before the FP due date. Had you not paid in full in advance of the date, you probably could have gotten the price reduction before you made final payment.

I say the above, but if the sale is for new bookings only, then I think you are out of luck, but I would still call. Normally, sales for new bookings only means just that, but I have seen people say that they will cancel what they already have booked and rebook and Carnival has given them the lower rate.

If you are past the FP date though, disregard all I have said because you won't get any price reduction.

This is the correct information. I was just going to post something similar.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I probably could cancel everything and start fresh since I'm not at the 75 day mark yet, but I guess that would be a little bit of a pain. Guess I'll just suck it up. ;) (I'm already in an OV and balcony would be too much more, even though it sounds fab).

No need to cancel. Call and ask for the adjustment. It should be granted since you are not past final payment date. Since you are paid in full, they should give you the choice of a refund or OBC. Of course, if this sale applies to new bookings only, you're out of luck. Cancel and rebook wouldn't work in that case either.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

No need to cancel.

Call whomever you booked with and they WILL give you the new promotion. Your final payment is not due until 4/16 so you can make any changes up to that date.

As a past guest that promo also gives you an upgrade. The ocean view rate is $849 pp for 2 in the cabin but no obc.

The obc is only for non past guests. Non past guest rate is $979 with $100pp obc and no upgrades.

You would be foolish not to call.

I wouldn't just suck it up.

How much will it take to give them a call. All they can do is say no but if they say yes that's a $200 phone call.

Based on what other people have posted they would probably give it to you.

It doesn't hurt to try and you have nothing to lose.

Good Luck

Bill

they didn't have the early saver when I originally booked the cruise. :(

Did you use a pvp call them we got a room upgrade cause we did not book early saver, will do thata in the future.

Gail

We booked 3 weeks ago (cat 4k) for the Miracle leaving 4/20.....I called last night when I saw the summer sale and got a balcony upgrade for $300.....and a $200 OBC and we're past guests... Call and ask....It's possible!

I was confused as to whether it was one or the other with regards to a fare decrease and OBC?

I think I'll call, they can only say no, afterall.

Hello,

Unless it is for new bookings only you can still get a price reduction no matter what fare you are booked under because final payment is not yet due. Call the 800# or your TA.

we had this happen last March..If the fare is still there for your room type you might be able to get an upgrade we were given the choice inside on a higher floor or an outside room..we took the outside room

Archived