Last Cruise before Drydock

ssbeagle

I have heard a lot of rumors that the last cruise before a ship goes into drydock that the service is pretty bad and things just don't go right on that cruise with the crew. How does Princess handle the last cruise before the ship is going to drydock? The Emerald is supposed to be going into drydock right after her Nov 27th cruise. What can we expect?

I have heard a lot of rumors that the last cruise before a ship goes into drydock that the service is pretty bad and things just don't go right on that cruise with the crew. How does Princess handle the last cruise before the ship is going to drydock? The Emerald is supposed to be going into drydock right after her Nov 27th cruise. What can we expect?

I asked that question earlier in the week. Maybe you will get other input.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1611157

Dry Dock

I don't know if service will change, if should be business as usual but if they start doing pre drydock work there could be venues that might be affected or even closed down. And of course if the work is done in the evening there could be noise. If it's a concern then I would pick another date.

We were on the Sapphire Princess before her recent month-long drydock. We had zero problems... they did not start any work beforehand nor were any venues affected. Service was excellent. The Emerald is going in for routine maintenance and there really shouldn't be any impact to your cruise...

I think it depends if the ship is getting a major overhaul or regular maintenance. We cuised the Tahitian Princess before her dry dock and name change and found that the service was terrible. It seemed like they had cut back the number of staff. Some of them had no clue what they were doing, like the pool bar, worse pina colada I've ever had. It also took forever to get a drink in the lounges as well.

Archived