Tiek shoes

Looking for opinions on Tiek flats. Do any of you ladies own these cute shoes? I need a comfortable cute shoe for our Mediterranean cruise and so far all the Merrill and Eco shoes look too klunky for the skirts I bought for the cruise. A coworker showed me her Tiek flats today and they are so cute and have cushy soles but I know people say foot comfort for all the walking is very important

I guess I`m hoping someone will tell me they loved their Tiek flats on their Mediterranean cruise or let me know if they just didn`t quite do the job.

Each to their own but these are definitely not worth the money. Certainly not opposed to spending for a good pair of shoes but these don't look that comfortable and there is nothing unique about them.

Want wearable and a bit more fashionable, maybe check out Naot.

I checked out the Tiek website ... and these foldable flats look like leather bedroom slippers. Seriously doubt they'd be very comfortable after a fairly short walk. I would pass on them and buy some real shoes.

A blog I read, Mighty Girl, has a recommendation for Tiek Shoes - they are her favorite travel casual shoes and she recommends them highly - she wears them all over the place, often she travels with 2 pairs of shoes - Tieks and a pair of boots. I haven't tried them, so I don't have a recommendation either way....

If the shoes are in your budget, and you like them, go for it. I don't see a problem spending the money if it's a pair of shoes you'll wear over and over again for years. That style doesn't work for me, but I'm a fan of spending money to buy quality items that are well made and fit me properly - because I know then I'll wear them so often, my cost per wear will be low - and that's my favorite metric

Edited by Hoyaheel

• 2 weeks later...

I was skeptical about paying so much for a pair of shoes. I wear a size 12N, so it is next to impossible to find a pair of flat shoes in my size. These are definitely the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I wear them all the time. I am planning on bringing them on my cruise and am considering purchasing a second pair in a different color just for my cruise. I did have to wear them 2-3 times to break them in. I wouldn't wear them hiking, but walking around would be fine.

Edited by tripletmom23boys
add information

• 1 month later...
I was skeptical about paying so much for a pair of shoes. I wear a size 12N, so it is next to impossible to find a pair of flat shoes in my size. These are definitely the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I wear them all the time. I am planning on bringing them on my cruise and am considering purchasing a second pair in a different color just for my cruise. I did have to wear them 2-3 times to break them in. I wouldn't wear them hiking, but walking around would be fine.

I just got my first pair of Tieks this week and love them. I've been wearing them constantly and find them very comfortable, will be ordering more! And they don't look like bedroom slippers at all when you put them on - they are a classic flat.

Edited by satchiesmom

Tieks are great, but not for cobblestones. There is zero cushion or support- walk 5 minutes on cobbles in Tieks and you'll be screaming. Here's what I bought for Europe and they are cute with dresses and skirts, and the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. The straps are adjustable and hug your foot like an athletic shoe:

http://www.amazon.com/Dansko-Womens-Sophie-Sandal-Shagreen/dp/B005DO48IS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340884219&sr=8-1&keywords=dansko+sophie

Edited by hbr777

Tieks are great, but not for cobblestones. There is zero cushion or support- walk 5 minutes on cobbles in Tieks and you'll be screaming. Here's what I bought for Europe and they are cute with dresses and skirts, and the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. The straps are adjustable and hug your foot like an athletic shoe:

http://www.amazon.com/Dansko-Womens-Sophie-Sandal-Shagreen/dp/B005DO48IS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340884219&sr=8-1&keywords=dansko+sophie

I had a pair of Clarks with a sole/heel like these shoes. Couldn't wear on the cobblestones in Rome. The flat cobblestones were OK but on the hilly curves they were are akward. On hilly curves the cobbles are placed on end for traction.

• 1 year later...
Looking for opinions on Tiek flats. Do any of you ladies own these cute shoes? I need a comfortable cute shoe for our Mediterranean cruise and so far all the Merrill and Eco shoes look too klunky for the skirts I bought for the cruise. A coworker showed me her Tiek flats today and they are so cute and have cushy soles but I know people say foot comfort for all the walking is very important

I guess I`m hoping someone will tell me they loved their Tiek flats on their Mediterranean cruise or let me know if they just didn`t quite do the job.

Old post I know, but I LOVE my tieks. I'm a teacher and am on my feet all day and these shoes are really comfy. I'm planning on wearing them on my Med cruise.

I absolutely LOVE my Tieks:)

In my younger years I was a ballerina, and a gymnast.....and my feet are a mess! I have a horrible time finding comfy shoes.

Last year I invested in my first two pairs, and they are the most comfortable shoes that I own. True, there is not alot of padding, but there is some....and it works for my crazy feet!

I haven't taken them cruising, but I would totally recommend them!!

Another "Tieks" convert here! I have a long history of Plantar Fasciitis, and have never been able to wear flats comfortably...until I discovered "Tieks" ballet flats! They are without doubt the most comfortable shoes I've ever had on my feet! The leather is so soft and supple! I do add a little stick-on arch to them for extra support. But I can wear my "Tieks" from the time I get up in the morning until I go to bed at night! And I am on my feet a lot all day long! I balked at the price in the beginning, but they have been worth every penny! My first pair (matte black) from several years ago, is still like new! I have added many colorful pairs to my collection since then! I love them!

91da2dfc3ece14390614ff51cd3f2b8a.jpg

13450962.jpg

Another "Tieks" convert here! I have a long history of Plantar Fasciitis, and have never been able to wear flats comfortably...until I discovered "Tieks" ballet flats! They are without doubt the most comfortable shoes I've ever had on my feet! The leather is so soft and supple! I do add a little stick-on arch to them for extra support. But I can wear my "Tieks" from the time I get up in the morning until I go to bed at night! And I am on my feet a lot all day long! I balked at the price in the beginning, but they have been worth every penny! My first pair (matte black) from several years ago, is still like new! I have added many colorful pairs to my collection since then! I love them!

91da2dfc3ece14390614ff51cd3f2b8a.jpg

13450962.jpg

How does the hidden arch support work? Does it fall out? I was thinking about getting that for my shoes when I go to Europe.

How does the hidden arch support work? Does it fall out? I was thinking about getting that for my shoes when I go to Europe.

I use a pair of those "hidden arches" in every pair of flat shoes I own! They have a peel and stick adhesive on the back of them. You just find the right spot in your shoe (a little trial and error), where they feel the most comfortable under your foot, and then peel the backing off and stick them directly to that perfect location on the footbed of your shoe! I've never had them fall out! On occasion, I have gotten rid of a pair of shoes and have removed the stick-on arches after having worn them for years in that one pair of shoes and then placed them in a new pair of shoes and they still adhered very well! ;)

I use a pair of those "hidden arches" in every pair of flat shoes I own! They have a peel and stick adhesive on the back of them. You just find the right spot in your shoe (a little trial and error), where they feel the most comfortable under your foot, and then peel the backing off and stick them directly to that perfect location on the footbed of your shoe! I've never had them fall out! On occasion, I have gotten rid of a pair of shoes and have removed the stick-on arches after having worn them for years in that one pair of shoes and then placed them in a new pair of shoes and they still adhered very well! ;)

That's very good to know. I'll have to go and pick some up

My bff and I were searching for some flats. We debated on the Tieks. I passed, and she bought a pair. I asked how she liked them and she said "they f-ing suck" She hates them. She says there's no support whatsoever. I have a really high arch, so def out for me.

When I first looked at their website, I was already suspect of the over-designed website, with high fashion models. I found some Puma flats that I love. They can go from day to evening, even more formal thanks to the patent leather on them.

My bff and I were searching for some flats. We debated on the Tieks. I passed, and she bought a pair. I asked how she liked them and she said "they f-ing suck" She hates them. She says there's no support whatsoever. I have a really high arch, so def out for me.

When I first looked at their website, I was already suspect of the over-designed website, with high fashion models. I found some Puma flats that I love. They can go from day to evening, even more formal thanks to the patent leather on them.

Tieks are certainly not for everyone. ;) To your point, shoe comfort is HIGHLY subjective! There are many popular brands of shoes out there that KILL my feet! When making any big investment with a shoe that costs as much as Tieks, it is smart to try them out for a while before committing to them. In the case of Tieks, since they must be ordered online, I would certainly recommend people wear them inside their house for a while to make sure you love them. Their return policy is very forgiving though, as long as the shoes show no wear.