FOS Food ?

We have cruised FOS 3 times...This 3rd and most recent trip, the food in the MDR was not good..steaks were tough..food was tasteless..desserts were terrible! In fact, the best meal we had onboard was at Johnie Rockets... I just don't remember it being that way a few years ago...Does anyone else think their food has gotten worse, or am I crazy?:confused:

We have cruised FOS 3 times...This 3rd and most recent trip, the food in the MDR was not good..steaks were tough..food was tasteless..desserts were terrible! In fact, the best meal we had onboard was at Johnie Rockets... I just don't remember it being that way a few years ago...Does anyone else think their food has gotten worse, or am I crazy?:confused:

Could you tell us when you sailed. We are on tomorrow.

Although the consensus among veteran cruisers is that the food in MDR was much better years ago, I found the food to be pretty good this past November on the Freedom.

The one thing I would stay away from is that steak that's always on the menu:eek:

The dessserts have been "lackluster" for the last couple of years....they used to be delicious and look even better than they tasted! Too bad that it's changed!

Look even better then they tasted!.... Too bad it's not the other way around.:p

We didn't have a problem finding anything to eat on our cruise last summer and never ate at a specialty restaurant. There was one night that the menu just was not appealing, but I can't remember which night that was.

Look even better then they tasted!.... Too bad it's not the other way around.:p

We quite enjoyed the food earlier this year, except for the steak...good meat is expensive. Desserts were so-so but we're not really dessert people. We only tried a few desserts because they just 'arrived' with our coffee.

On our FOS cruise back in December we had no complaints about the food in MDR. I eat very little meat and really enjoyed the new pasta dishes. In my honest opinion the desserts on RCI have always been awful. How something could look so good and taste so bland is beyond me but they really lack in their pastry abilities.

Could you tell us when you sailed. We are on tomorrow.

We sailed January 8. There were 4 of us..Two of us had sailed previously, and two newbies...The newbies were disappointed..probably because they had heard me say how much better RCCL was compared to others...We all enjoyed out cruise anyway...The ship is beautiful and lots of fun!!

Don't worry..you'll have a great time, and probably come home (like I did)

without those extra pounds we usually pile on..:)

Archived