Date for Final Payment

cruiseri

What is the customary date (i.e. days before embarkation) for final payment on a Princess cruise? I got an email from my TA saying payment is now due for a cruise that is more than 4 months away. Just wanted to keep the window open a bit in case there was any lowering of cabin price.

SAS

What is the customary date (i.e. days before embarkation) for final payment on a Princess cruise? I got an email from my TA saying payment is now due for a cruise that is more than 4 months away. Just wanted to keep the window open a bit in case there was any lowering of cabin price.

SAS

I believe it is 75 days prior to sailing.

Final payment can be anywhere from 60 to 120 days prior to sailing. For cruises of 5 days or less it is 60 days. For cruises 6 days through 29 days it is 75 days. For holiday cruises it is 90 days. For cruises of 30 days or more or any world cruise segment it is 120 days.

Beware that some TAs set their own final date 2 weeks prior to that of the cruise line's.
Good advice. Princess no longer has a "grace" period beyond final payment so most TAs give you a final payment date a week or two before to ensure they have time to process final payments and verify receipt by Princess. If Princess does not receive final payment by the set date, the booking is automatically canceled. You'd be surprised by the number of people who provide credit card numbers with transposed numbers or have expired.

Most TA's will have a Final Payment date week or two before your actual Princess date.

This is to insure that they can contact you if payment is not received ,should you be out of town , ect. .

If you miss the Princess Final Payment date , your booking will be canceled by Princess , and penalty assesed.

Reguarding cruise rate adjustments , the Princess Final Payment date is what matters, not the TA date if earlier.

Most TA's will have a Final Payment date week or two before your actual Princess date.

This is to insure that they can contact you if payment is not received ,should you be out of town , ect. .

If you miss the Princess Final Payment date , your booking will be canceled by Princess , and penalty assesed.

Reguarding cruise rate adjustments , the Princess Final Payment date is what matters, not the TA date if earlier.

My TA does this; I'm fully aware that she does this and it doesn't bother me a bit - after all, it's to my benefit.

Archived