Kids club on Voyager of the seas

poppetts

Hi there people,

We are booked on the VOS in Jan next from Sydney for a 14 nighter around New Zealand and back to Sydney, and seeing as our little monster will be 4 years old , i was wondering how does the kids club work? Do you have to book them in or is it first come first served for entry. Any tips you have will help greatly. We didnt have the pleasure of kids club on our last cruise when we went around Australia on the Sun Princess, she was only 18 months old back then.

Thanks

Steve :D

• 1 month later...

We cruised on Voyager last December (2011). The kid's club was very disorganized. I mean, my 3 years old boy still had great time and is still talking about it.

The lady, who was in charge of drop offs, Hanna, was horrible. The slightest sign of stress was making her look like a dear in a head light. She was constantly stressed, looking for pans, did not know where sign-in book was, repeating the same things 5-6 times to one parent and ignoring another one, gasping in terror when any child would slid on their belly, and did not know how talk to kids. I walked to club once and she was yelling at kids and was in tears. Kids don't listen to her at all.

My son felt down in club and hit his ear and head very bad (not club's fault - he just very active). He had a nasty bloody bruise and mild concussion. It happened on a port day, so when we come back on ship after 2 hour's excursion we had a message on pager to call kid's club. We called and no one answered, so we went to the club and there was a sign on the door "We went for a walk to explore ship. If you need to get hold of us call #xxxx". We called that number (from the phone by elevator), I clearly stated my name and name of my son and if everything is ok, and they told me that kids are exploring ship and they will be back in an hour. We decided that message on pager was to let us know they are out of club.

After having long lunch (over 2 hours), we went back to get my son, as it was his nap time and Hanna told us DS jumped on the corner of table and hit his head, vomited and they took him down to medical facility and he is there right now.

As we rushed down to medical facility, I thought my heart will stop, because the way Hanna was talking about, I thought my son was bleeding to death and is by himself in pain for over 4 hours now.

There was a yellow ribbon with "do not cross" sign on it when we exit elevator to get to medical facility. I ignored it and went anyway, the door was closed and I had no idea where my 3 years old with broken head was. So I called operator from the phone by elevator and said I need to get to medical facility right now. In few minutes ( that felt like hours)nurse opened door and let us in.

My son was ok. He was telling doctor where he lives and our names and that his mom always come and take care of things, so he is not scared. He also told doctor: "My mom is going to ask where you went to medical school. She always does, you better have answer ready for her" (I had no idea he picked up on that from 2 visits to pediatrician office). The bruise was gone in 2 months (yeah, took that long for his ear to recover) and he vomited only twice after that.

I don't mean to scary you. We had a great time and we going back in September. I just know now, that if there a message on my pager, I have to locate my son and see what is going on. I also tell him to let adults know to call mommy when he needs something. And keep telling them to get hold of me until they do.

WOW, I'm just amazed that someone would leave a three year old on the ship and go off on an excursion where they couldn't even be reached. Poor kid. I guess parenting has changed a lot.

WOW, I'm just amazed that someone would leave a three year old on the ship and go off on an excursion where they couldn't even be reached. Poor kid. I guess parenting has changed a lot.

Yep, and I also work 12 hours shifts, so he is someone else's care for 13 hours a day. Horrible parents. Can you believe they still don't require mandatory sterilization for us?

Archived