Just off Oasis

Me my DW and DD took the Oasis forbthe first time. Here are some thoughts.

Our room was 7230 JS very large and comfortable

We loved this class ship we LOVED the park

We never eat in the windjammer or MDR so we loved all the different options

I thought we were small ship people but after one day we booked the Allure for February

Don't care for Jamaca or Mexico we prefer the Southern islands but the ship more than made up for it

I felt the staff was Top notch. LOVED having a starbucks on board.

Overall a Great Cruise

So glad you had a great time! My DH and DD and I sail on 5/12 - cannot wait!!! We are also small ship people, so it's great you had such a good time and are planning on going so soon again! :-)

You didn't eat in the MDR, so where did you eat and did you have to wait a long time to eat in places like the Seafood Shack, Johnny Rockets, etc? We have some quality onboard credits that we will be spending and everything I had heard about the insanity of Windjammer is keeping us away.

We were on that sailing too, Quest was Thurs night at 11:30, for those of you who don't know it's hard to explain but A LOT OF FUN!!!!! I was a captin this time it was a hoot, basically each section is a team and the captins have to get their team members to do certain things.

I am not a fan of the Windjammer but I went about three times and it wasn't crazy, could easily find a seat, overall not bad at all. I had lunch in the Solarrium once it was good.

Upon arrival we headed to the Park Cafe it was delish! And not to busy!!!

So glad you had a great time! My DH and DD and I sail on 5/12 - cannot wait!!! We are also small ship people, so it's great you had such a good time and are planning on going so soon again! :-)

You didn't eat in the MDR, so where did you eat and did you have to wait a long time to eat in places like the Seafood Shack, Johnny Rockets, etc? We have some quality onboard credits that we will be spending and everything I had heard about the insanity of Windjammer is keeping us away.

we ate dinner at chops twice, Giovanis twice, the bistro 150 central park and Izumi for dinner. All very good. We had lunch at vintiges, park cafe, seafood shack, and sorrentos.

Glad to hear that you loved this mega ship. We're also "small" ship people and I'm a little nervous to sail on something so gigantic. It's also our first time on an rccl ship so we're really excited. Quest sounds like a lot of fun. Is it something we need to sign up for or reserve? Also, what is the dress code for the restaurants?

Sorry OT: Noticed that you sailed on Oceania. Did you like it? Was it drastically different than RC or Celebrity?

My take and correct me if I am wrong: great food, not very good entertainment.

We just returned this past Saturday also.

You can make reservations once you get onboard. I saw them set up by the Studio B area for those that wanted to make reservations. If you don't book the shows they do open up seating for walk-in I believe 15 minutes before the shows start.

Did you have problems getting into the shows? I have tried to pre-book and they are already full? Can I get reservations once onboard?

great to hear! :) Our cruise on her is coming up fast. Hubby and I are looking forward to trying the Solarium Bistro as an alternative to the Windjammer. Did you try the Solarium out?

I did and it was a good one, although like I mentioned in another thread avoid the turkey bacon! We had breakfast here and Johnny Rocket's

Me my DW and DD took the Oasis forbthe first time. ......

I felt the staff was Top notch. LOVED having a starbucks on board.

Overall a Great Cruise

Regarding Starbucks, are purchases just added to your seapass account or is it handled differently? Curious if I can use my Starbuck gift cards onboard. Probably not! :cool: Also, did you find the coffee prices comparable to land prices or more expensive?

Thank You! Glad you enjoyed your cruise :)

We are booked for 7240 JS in a few weeks and just wondering (or should say my DH is!) ....being on the Port side, when you come into port, how is the view? Facing the ocean or able to see the island? For some reason that's important to him, lol! I'll just be happy to be there! We've cruised RCCI, Voyager and Freedom Classes before, but first time on Oasis .... been reading all I can! Sounds amazing!

We are booked for 7240 JS in a few weeks and just wondering (or should say my DH is!) ....being on the Port side, when you come into port, how is the view? Facing the ocean or able to see the island? For some reason that's important to him, lol! I'll just be happy to be there! We've cruised RCCI, Voyager and Freedom Classes before, but first time on Oasis .... been reading all I can! Sounds amazing!

You view the ocean

Archived