PNG Cruise

Thanks Theid. What about pricing for a balcony cabin.

I do not sorry, as I only got the prices for what cabins I wanted to book sorry.

there is one Ta on line showing the cruise but they are saying its booked out atm.

I do not sorry, as I only got the prices for what cabins I wanted to book sorry.

there is one Ta on line showing the cruise but they are saying its booked out atm.

Yea I know which online TA that is. I don't believe that the cruise is booked out. Only that the cruise pricing hasn't been released yet to everyone.

Yea I know which online TA that is. I don't believe that the cruise is booked out. Only that the cruise pricing hasn't been released yet to everyone.

yes well that is true. I wish I could give you the name of our Ta but I can not sorry. but what I can say is that they do advertise on here.

Prices are steep!

4,751 cheapest balcony (BF) for a solo traveller for 2/4/14. That is 475 per night.

4,151 cheapest balcony (BF) for a solo traveller for 31/10/13. I find PO Australia really expensive compared to other cruiselines.

I be giving these a wide berth unless the prices come down.

For example on Celebrity 17 days Sydney to Honululu (11/4/2014) Balcony 2B category $5,309. Works out at 313 per night.

Pacific Dawn

02 April 2014

10 Nights

Papua New Guinea

Twin From $1699 pp

Quad From $1199 pp

Pacific Dawn

16 November 2013

10 Nights

Papua New Guinea

Twin From $1699 pp

Quad From $1199 pp

Pacific Dawn

31 October 2013

9 Nights

Papua New Guinea

Twin From $1499 pp

Quad From $1049 pp

Not that its on this itinerary but I recently stopped in Rabaul and found the place had very friendly locals always smiling and greeting you. The place could be a tropical paradise. It is underdeveloped and I can see allot of potential in tourist places there.

412610_10150627781929037_519959036_9274740_856313457_o.jpg

474759_10150627816004037_519959036_9274929_286423066_o.jpg

471177_10150627814729037_519959036_9274922_2033300121_o.jpg

462648_10150627823949037_519959036_9274968_354883521_o.jpg

459359_10150627813749037_519959036_9274919_1999493317_o.jpg

I/WE do not mind doing first cruises as we are on the Pacifc Dawn first cruise after dry dock and all so 31/ octer 2013

Mmmmm......I think a FIRST cruise is rather different to a first cruise after drydock:rolleyes:

I dont think you will see Port Moresby on any itinerary soon...still pretty iffy up there...we are definately going its just a matter of which date to pick and who offers the best deal.

Sue

The coastal area's are the best places, Has having lived in Port Moresby it realy is not the best place to walk around in and thats day time.

I dont think you will see Port Moresby on any itinerary soon...still pretty iffy up there...we are definately going its just a matter of which date to pick and who offers the best deal.

Sue

The coastal area's are the best places, Has having lived in Port Moresby it realy is not the best place to walk around in and thats day time.

My uncle told me when I was just out of my teens there...Do not go near Hanubada village, because the Rascals were there.

many years later, the Rascals are still there.

I can remember the broken glass on top of high fences for security.

but, PNG is a beautiful place, out of Port Moresby.

I will be going on one of the cruises, just don't know which one yet.

kind regards, Lorraine :):)

My uncle told me when I was just out of my teens there...Do not go near Hanubada village, because the Rascals were there.

Even when my Army brother was in Port Moresby as an advisor to the Police - quite a while ago now - he and family had to live in a compound with a high fence and guard dogs for protection. :cool:

Koki markets were great, and cristal rapids great for swimming but be carefull of the puk puks and are great kaikai as well.

We have friends in Lae and yes they live behind high electric fences the in Port morsby as did we.

The travel lodge, car club, squash club are great and there is all ways the yachts club its the white building in the harbour.

These cruises are not going anywhere near Port Moresby so I don't think anyone has to worry about it. :)

We have been told that P&O are going to a lot of trouble to make sure they will be eco-friendly cruises, as the ports they are visiting are largely unspoiled places.

The best part of the October cruise is going to be the Alotau Kundo Canoe festival that is on when we arrive. It would be fantastic to see all the colourful canoes with men in traditional garb. Looks good on google. Will try YouTube now to see if there's anything there.

I'm booked too 31st October...glad to see we have won you over to roll calls and meet and greets Theid...see you onboard.

Anyone thinking about it...great interest all over the place, I wouldn't wait too long you might be disappointed.

Sue

Archived