PNG Cruise

Pacific Dawn Departing 2 April 14

Brisbane At Sea At Sea Kitava, Trobriand Islands Kiriwina Is, Trobriand Islands Alotau, Papua New Guinea Doini Island, Doini At Sea Townsville At Sea Brisbane

I found it just browsing on a TA website.

Thanks for posting Sarah. I think these PNG cruises will be very popular, and there aren't many, so prices will be in the high range.

LOL, I looked at one TA and the it says the twin cabins are SOLD OUT. Yeahhhhh???? Actually it has got all those cruises as sold out, so I guess they haven't got all the details yet. :rolleyes:

Just had a look too on my usual online TA. But there's no prices, no map, and it says Sold Out. Surely they are still building the site and it's just not complete yet?

Probably looking at the same site that I saw this one. I think they are just getting ready to add the cruises in. I wonder if this is the only cruise to PNG.

I wonder how much they charge for them.

P&O Cruises ventures into Papua New Guinea

Info found about the cruises

Next season, Pacific Dawn will sail from Brisbane to Papua New Guinea for the first time, on two special itineraries. P&O Cruises has added a new destination for Australians, with new cruises set to visit the remote islands and towns of Milne Bay in Papua New Guinea.

Departing from Brisbane, Pacific Dawn will call at the local capital Alotau as well as the white-sand beaches of Doini Island and the Trobriand Islands, also known as the Islands of Love, along the northern straits of the bay.

The maiden cruise to Milne Bay in October 2013 is timed to coincide with the Canoe and Kundu Festival, where local communities compete in canoe races, costume display and cultural performances.

Date of cruise: 31 October 2013 W343 (9 Nights)

Brisbane

At Sea

Townsville

At Sea

Alotau, Papua New Guinea

Kiriwina Is, Trobriand Islands

Doini Island, Doini

At Sea

At Sea

Brisbane

Date of Cruise 16 November 2013 W345 (10 Nights)

Brisbane

At Sea

At Sea

Kitava, Trobriand Islands

Alotau, Papua New Guinea

Doini Island, Doini

At Sea

Townsville

At Sea

Brisbane

Date of Cruise: 2 April 2014 W414 (10 Nights)

Brisbane

At Sea

At Sea

Kitava, Trobriand Islands

Alotau, Papua New Guinea

Doini Island, Doini

At Sea

Townsville

At Sea

Brisbane

I'm definitely interested. Although I wouldn't like to do the first cruise, they will still be learning how to handle all the people on the shore excursions. I would be looking for one in July in the middle of the dry season.

Sarah, I think "you pays ya money and take ya choice! :D

Tried to find out but every site differs. There were even some sites saying it's cool! (Maybe it is, in the mountains.) Got this from a resort up there:

Climate

The wet season in Papua New Guinea is roughly between December and March, and the dry season is from May to October. In Milne Bay however, the patterns are almost reversed, with the wet season being from May to October, and November to January being mostly dry. In Milne Bay, April to June is the least windy period, with the northern Australia and Coral Sea cyclone season impacting upon Milne Bay from December to March, although the Bay area is usually calm.

All I can say is :confused::confused::confused:

cruise dates for PNG are

30 oct 2013 9 nights and booked

16 nov 2013 10 nights

2 April 2014 10 nights

sorry about that guys one tinny little typo

31 oct 2013 9 nights and booked

16 nov 2013 10 nights

2 April 2014 10 nights

I'm definitely interested. Although I wouldn't like to do the first cruise, they will still be learning how to handle all the people on the shore excursions. I would be looking for one in July in the middle of the dry season.

No, I don't think I would like to do the first cruise, either. It will be a learning curve, I guess. :rolleyes:

the cruise that they are do are either side of the wet season.

I/WE do not mind doing first cruises as we are on the Pacifc Dawn first cruise after dry dock and all so 31/ octer 2013

the cruise that they are do are either side of the wet season.

I/WE do not mind doing first cruises as we are on the Pacifc Dawn first cruise after dry dock and all so 31/ octer 2013

Those cruise dates are a bit disappointing, but it's early days and they might add more cruise dates as they see how popular I think they will be. I will be watching for your report after you get back. Have one for me. Lol

Thied - how did you manage to book. The cruises are not available for booking on the PO Australia site. Even from teh site I got the intinerarys. Can you please advise. If so, can you let me know some of the pricing.

Thied - how did you manage to book. The cruises are not available for booking on the PO Australia site. Even from teh site I got the intinerarys. Can you please advise. If so, can you let me know some of the pricing.

Still waiting for a reply Thied???

I've just got some costs but I can't post them. They will definitely be live tomorrow. They're not tooooooooooooooooooo bad......:eek::rolleyes:. No really, they're not as bad as I thought they'd be.

I knew you be on the money with info Deb. Too bad you can share it :D

booked through the TA we all ways use today.

mini suite for 2 adults and one child $5800 plus $300 obc.

deck 9 out side twim $3000 pus $200 obc

both sre for the 9 nighter 31/05/2013

Archived