Sapphire princess-sterling steakhouse question

grumpyfan

We ate at the Steakhouse on the Sapphire last May and thought the food and service were outstanding. Definiely better than the main dining room although I have only once or twice had a meal in the dining room that was disappointing after close to 200 dinners there.

Has anyone eaten here lately? We really enjoyed the steak restaurant on grand princess-food was great! Are the steaks good at sterling or about the same as in the main dining room?

We ate at Sterling's in Oct. 2011 on the Sapphire and the food and service were excellent. In fact, we went back a second time it was so good. We have eated at Crown Grill on the other ships and were disappointed in the quality of the food. You'll love Sterlings!!!

Hi..We were on the Sapphire in March and had dinner in Sterling Steakhouse on the first evening of the cruise. We made reservations outside Sabatini's where they had a table set up for dining reservations. We do not like to get in the mess of first night in the dining rooms and like to start our cruise in a calm pleasant environment. It was lovely. They cordon off and decorate a portion of the Horizon Court in the back and make it private. Use the back elevators to get to the dining area. Food was good..just like we have had in the Crown Grill on the Ruby, Emerald, and Golden just not its own separate dedicated dining room.

Ironically - we have also!

I'm not so sure that it's irony! :p But seriously, we've had meals at the Sterling Steakhouse onboard Sapphire Princess, Dawn Princess and Sea Princess. Much better than the Crown Grill on Caribbean Princess and Crown Princess. But I do have to say that the best ribeye I've ever had on Princess was at the Bayou Cafe on Coral Princess. 'Twas perfect and the live jazz didn't hurt either!

And hey, we'll be giving the Crown Grill another try on Golden Princess in a month or so (we're traveling with a couple of newbies)... we'll see... :)

Thanks, everyone, for the good thoughts about the Sterling Steakhouse.

I have always thought that the food and service were great on the Diamond Princess, the Sapphire Princess, and the Sun Princess.

I especially agree with the idea about it having a relaxed, peaceful atmosphere. This is great, just great!

I'm not so sure that it's irony! :p But seriously, we've had meals at the Sterling Steakhouse onboard Sapphire Princess, Dawn Princess and Sea Princess. Much better than the Crown Grill on Caribbean Princess and Crown Princess. But I do have to say that the best ribeye I've ever had on Princess was at the Bayou Cafe on Coral Princess. 'Twas perfect and the live jazz didn't hurt either!

And hey, we'll be giving the Crown Grill another try on Golden Princess in a month or so (we're traveling with a couple of newbies)... we'll see... :)

Thanks everyone for the nice posts about Sterling. Looks like we will be there more than once.:D:D

I must not be picky enough. We have never had a less than perfect dinner weather at the Crown, Sterling, or the Bayou or Sabatini's with the new menu last January. And we will enjoy Sterlings and Sabatini's again in October or the Sapphire.

How good does it get?:D

I must not be picky enough. We have never had a less than perfect dinner weather at the Crown, Sterling, or the Bayou or Sabatini's with the new menu last January. And we will enjoy Sterlings and Sabatini's again in October or the Sapphire.

How good does it get?:D

Definitely well said!

And Bon appetit at Sabatini's and the Sterling Steakhouse.

I just remembered the outrageously good chocolate pecan pie at the Sterling

Steakhouse, and the absolutely fabulous espresso creme brûlée at Sabatini's.

Can't wait!

Archived