How many times have you chosen the same ship?

cruzlovr75

We haven't yet. I would say it would have to a different itinerary (ie Elation out of N.O.) or massive dry dock changes (ie Destiny/Sunshine) for us to try a ship the second time. There are too many ships out there that we would like to try before we start repeating. We like change :D.

The Inspiration twice from the same port two different length cruises.

The Imagination twice because we were doing a back to back.

The Sensation three times from the same port with the same itinerary.

The Miracle three times from two different ports. Three different length cruises with three different itineraries.

Our family group has sailed on Legend twice. We love the ship and the itinerary.

My DW and MIL have been on the Elation 3 times. It used sail out of Mobile and we live less than 20 min from the port, so it was very easy for them.

Generally speaking it's a combination of factors.

Itinerary is most important. We love seeing new places.

Schedule, we travel with at least 5 people, so we have to find one that works for all.

Ship, We liked the Conquest, but personally I thought the Dream was too big for us.

Departure port. My MIL and FIL fly in from KY, so that's less of an issue for them. But the rest of us prefer to drive. Don't have to worry about over-packing that way. :D Lucky for us there are a lot of ports within reasonable driving distance. This year we are sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale, the longest drive yet. When we compare the cost of driving vs. the cost of flying (and all the hassle involved) it's a no-brainer for us. More money to spend on the cruise!! :)

I am curious to know how many times you've sailed the same ship and why?

We just sailed on the Dream, and we really liked that ship. I am already browsing cruises on it for next year different itinerary. Would you choose the same ship again or choose something different for a change?

We will be on Legend for the fourth time in three week. In August we will be on Glory for the second time (first time did the Western Itinerary, second time we'll be going to Halifax and St. John's). We have done both the Western and Eastern Itineraries on Freedom. All of the other ships we have been on once.

Legend: love the "fairy tale" theme of the ship.

Glory: love the "different color" theme of the ship

Freedom: love the "art nouveau/Americana" theme of the ship

I have sailed on the Ecstasy twice and I just book the Magic for the second time. I live near Dallas and I love the ease of driving to Galveston and crusing. Last December we were on the Magic and did a friends and fanily cruise with lots of kids. There were lots of things I wanted to do on the cruise but just did not have enough time so next year we are doing a couples cruise and booked an inside room on the spa deck!!

BTW, anyone ever stay in an IS Spa cabin before? I have always been at the bottom of the ships!

We just sailed on the Dream, and we really liked that ship. I am already browsing cruises on it for next year different itinerary. Would you choose the same ship again or choose something different for a change?

We sail on whatever ship is out of Long Beach, which means that we have to sail the same ship! We even get the same crew! It's nice to know that we know the lay-out of the ship & what to expect, but I manage to drive the Trivia team crazy as they scrounge for questions I haven't answered!:D

We sailed three times on the Celebration and are booked for our third time on the Imagination.

The Celebration was three different itineraries Eastern, Western & Bahama-Key West.

The Imagination we started doing as second cruise a year because we love Key West & Cozumel and its really CHEAP.

We were trying to get to milestone for our 25th anniversary in 2016 by doing 2 cruises a year:mad:. Hopefully Carnival will hold off on the new program 'til then we've got a good shot. lol

Seems I've sailed 6 ships multiple times. No different than going back to a hotel.

Our favorite was returning to the ship that started it all for us twice; the Jubilee. We were hoping to. At h up with her one more time while she was a P&O ship down under, but it looks like that will never be.

We have been on the same ship a few times (check out my signature) mostly because of proximity to the port and/or it met our pre-selected vacation slot (we have to bid a year in advance). I have been so many times it is less about the ship or ports and mostly just getting away from things and just the cruise experience!