Cots and changing rooms

Bit of a long one, and sorry to keep asking questions just want peace of mind,

Me wife and 15th month old daughter got a good deal on IOS for this may for an aft junior suite last minute,

We aterwards suddenley realised no creche for under 3's

Luckily the day after we got a single occupancy guarantee stateroom for about £750 so our close friend and also our child minder is coming with us

The plan is for our daughter to sleep in her room some nights, and with us the others, we have asked the TA to request cot in the inside cabin but they wont, and she has told me to ask when i get onboard.

What do I do?

Will they put a cot in when I get on board?

Should I take a travel cot? I really dont want to as we are tight on space already?

Could we move the cot in our JS between rooms, again this is not good as we are aft on deck 7, and she is forward on deck 6, which I imagine is a long walk,

We are not trying to rip anyone off, we have paid for daughter in our suite so to me which room she sleeps in is irrelevant?

Any advice much appreciated!

As far as I know, they don't have cots ... rooms for more than two people have sofa beds or pullman beds.

Could be wrong, but I am thinking poster is thinking of a crib or a pack and play for an infant to sleep in.

Not sure where poster is from, however, Americans think of a "cot" as more of a portable bed, like a twin-size bed, or roll-a-way; in England, for example, a crib is often called a cot.

I think she is looking for a crib for the infant.

Could be wrong, but I am thinking poster is thinking of a crib or a pack and play for an infant to sleep in.

Not sure where poster is from, however, Americans think of a "cot" as more of a portable bed, like a twin-size bed, or roll-a-way; in England, for example, a crib is often called a cot.

Yes sorry maybe a language thing, also I am a him not a her! my user name doesn't help I suppose, yes a crib is probably the right term for you guys on the other side of the pond,

She isn't old enough sleep in a bed, and they must have cots as they are putting one in our cabin for us,

Just call whoever you booked through and request a "pack and play". It is a portable crib that can be folded up each day or left to be used as a playpen. A 15 month old should fit in it just fine.:)

Great point ... thanks for clarifying. I was thinking of a thread earlier this week where someone was expecting a roll-away ... big difference between a crib/pack and play versus an extra bed.

Archived