SD2 Spring Crossing Link

DisneyJen

Oh, how I miss doing a Spring crossing this year.

On a positive note, I spent most of last fall's crossing in my cabin. Turned out I had suffered a serious spinal injury prior to boarding that got progressively worse on the trip and meant I completely lost my balance with the motion of the ship. Got through the trip with the gentle help of a wonderful staff and went straight from the airport to the hospital. After an MRI I was rushed straight into surgery to relieve the pressure.

I cannot say enough about the staff and crew, as well as the doctor. They accommodated my every request. Obviously one would never board knowing there was a dangerous health issue and none of us realized how serious the situation was. Nonetheless, I am so grateful for the attentive care. Recovery has been slow, but we hope to be back onboard for the fall crossing and are booked for the Amazon.

JoAnne

It's great that you were so well taken care of during your last transatlantic cruise! I'm glad you're recovering so well, too. That must have been a very scary experience!

I am itching to do a transatlantic sometime... Maybe in 2014.

Yes we are 28 and hard to find a spot( just kidding)Service and food is like always fantastic. The first 2 days were rough but nice and warm We ate outside every night so not many people in the dining room The " office" on one side is occupied most of the day by Jane and her groupTrivia is in the library. Great lecturer on board Deborah Lundin on gems very interesting I (Lena)even went and never go Peter and Jamie are on so is Frank and of course Werner Sonia is in charge of housekeeping Zandra the boutique and Elena concierge. This is really like having your own yacht Cheers Lena

DisneyJen.. Thanks for posting the link. I can never seem to find these on my own.

JoAnnB.. Nice to know that you are on your way back to great health. Yes, the doctor and staff are outstanding, and nice to know that they took great care of you. Will you be doing the fall crossing this year? If so, we look forward to seeing you then.

Dutchies47.. Glad that you are having fun on your "private yacht"... Keep us posted on things as you cross the pond.

:)

Hi

Yes, we hope to do the fall crossing. Phil was very seasick the first two days. From the minute we left Lisbon he was down flat! He blamed the location of our cabin (the handicap one) so I don't think it will put him off for another crossing. I just have to continue the road to recovery.

JoAnne

Guess what Seadream did it again Today we stopped at 4pm in the middleo f the Atlantic so everybody could swim even the crew Only on SD Tonight dinner and cocktails outside again for everybody

I would love to do a crossing. I'm now in the preliminary stages of convincing my husband to do one Fall 2013... We'll see...

:D

We would like a Fall crossing as well. Love the Westbound Transatlantics on Cunard as you gain an hour 5 days. That, and the fact that the going to vacation is exciting. A long flight seems ok outbound but is a real drag at go home time. Why is that?:eek::D

We're planning to take our first military hop in a couple of weeks. We don't know where we're going, but it's very possible we'll end up in Germany. Depending on how that goes, we may end up taking a hop to Europe for the crossing... that would save some significant money!

I'd love to know where they're going to leave from in the fall... If it's Spain, I think we can do it.

Just looked at the pictures, and recognized a fellow cruiser from our sailing last January. Not sure if it is a better photographer, but the more lightly traveled SD2, seems like they are having a lot more fun than the SD1 crossing. With that said, the lectures on the SD1 interested an aviation nerd like myself.

This has been an amazing crossing going Eastbound even with 28 pax.The weather has been absolute phenomenalFirst 2 days was rough but after that the seas were calm and nice and warm Couple of cocktailparties at the TOY bar and dinner outside.It is harder to go eastbound with the timechange forward but the Captain decided to do it at noon which is so much nicerThe bbq where the officers served the pax and the crew ate with us what great and after the dancing with crew at the TOY barThe highlight was also the stop in the middle of the ocean and everybody could go for a swim even crewTug of war today was a hit too Only on SDThe restaurant team won. Food and service is like always the best. This is our 3rd time going Eastbound and the best ever. Back in the fall for the Westbound crossing

• 2 weeks later...

The Crossing was the best ever ! And I've been on a few. Captain Lund is a legend. What he and his senior officers did for the crew will go down in Sea Dream II history. The party with the crew was excellent. Will it ever be repeated ? Depends how many of you book next year. As they say "what happens on the SDII x-ing, stays on SDII x-ing" How's your foot doing Ria ? Did any of you see my notice on the x-ing blog (day 6, photo 9 on http://www.seadream.com/seadrem2-europe-dcrossing-2012-day-6) ? Back on board very soon, see you there Bob !

Archived