Wheeled carry-on?

natalie2727

I read a post in another thread that said the poster liked wheeled carry-ons so it wasn't such a heavy load when you first get on the ship. It would probably be good for excursions too if it's not too big. Has anyone seen anything like that? I did see a small suitcase-like carry-on in Walmart for $19.99, but think it might be too flimsy.

Not sure why you'd need it on excursions! A small tote or backback will suffice, if you're doing something that requires "gear"....

When just touring or shopping, I only carry a small purse. If we're going to the beach, a small tote for sunscreen, book, hat, etc....is all you need.

As far as your carry-on to the ship....just bring what you absolutely need before dinner....your checked bags should arrive at or around that time, if not before! Of course, anything of value should be carried on.

I would definitely recommend a wheeled carry-on because it may be some time before you can go to your cabin. I had a non wheeled one and it killed me running through the airport and then around the ship. I bought it because it matched the main suitcase, a 29" roller and hung around the handle for easy handling but I am going to be getting a small 21" roller this time.

I wouldn't use a roller for excursions due to their size and weight, you should be able to fit all that you need in a backpack. Just put an empty one in one of the outer compartments of your main case.

I read a post in another thread that said the poster liked wheeled carry-ons so it wasn't such a heavy load when you first get on the ship.

The thing is, any carry-ons must fit through the security scanner (like at the airport). If your bag will not fit through the scanner, you will be asked to take it outside to a porter and check it as baggage.

I also echo that you will not need a wheeled carry-on for excursions. Depending on your port it may not even be practical, like if you are visiting a port with cobblestone streets, for instance. Your wheels will be toast and then you'll be carrying it. Not good.:(

Not sure why you'd need it on excursions! A small tote or backback will suffice, if you're doing something that requires "gear"....

When just touring or shopping, I only carry a small purse. If we're going to the beach, a small tote for sunscreen, book, hat, etc....is all you need.

As far as your carry-on to the ship....just bring what you absolutely need before dinner....your checked bags should arrive at or around that time, if not before! Of course, anything of value should be carried on.

Definitely a wheeled carryon. It can be a long walk from the gate where you land at the airport all the way to baggage claim. Why carry a heavy bag when you can wheel one?

Also..... in the carryon, put everything you'd need before dinner (or when you expect to receive your checked luggage) but all valuables/electronics, jewelry and any Rx medications you take.

Don't pack jewelry or Rx in your checked bags due to risk of loss or theft.

Archived