Think I made the right call?

shoegal24

The fare of our cruise went down $300 PP today.

I called my TA and Princess said they would give us a $600 credit if we got rid of our upgraded room (which was on Caribe) and went back to a BG - a balcony on Riviera.

$600 savings is huge IMO and worth the risk of having a balcony under some pool chairs. We'll just bring ear plugs :)

WDYT?

Agreed! That's a lot of $$$ difference.

Tom

I called my TA and Princess said they would give us a $600 credit if we got rid of our upgraded room (which was on Caribe) and went back to a BG - a balcony on Riviera.

$600 savings is huge IMO and worth the risk of having a balcony under some pool chairs. We'll just bring ear plugs :)

WDYT?

I did something similar on our Med Cruise this August . We started with a BG guarantee and the upgrade fairy moved us to a BA on the Lido deck I decided to downgrade to a BD on the Baja deck and got a similar price reduction of almost $700.

The most interesting part is with the new rating system going into effect next year our BD cabin will be a BB rated one and the BA on the Lido will be a BF. Go figure.. I like the cabin we now have better which is the reason I switched. I guess Princess agrees which is why the new ratings have changed. The price reduction was a bonus.

Also had two more price drops since then and now our final payment has been reduced by about $1300! We could not be happier!

WDYT?

Yup; you made the right call.....:):):)

Bob

Archived