Suite guests: did the concierge contact you?

Just curious to know who was contacted by the concierge on their trip and if so, on what ship and how soon before your trip? I have heard they prefer you not contact them until a few days before your cruise, I have a question/request from the concierge on my trip, but hesitant about bothering him.

After cruising on Freedom, Voyager, Serenade and Mariner in a GS with no concierge contact, we did get an e-mail from our most recent Mariner cruise for the first time(different concierge from previous MOS cruise). So, it is hit or miss as far as concierge e-mail goes.

I have sometimes been contacted when staying in a full suite. If I'm not in a suite or if I haven't heard anything, I email the Concierge with any requests I may have. I do it on the second day of the immediately prior cruise - they are too busy on the first day to do anything. If I wanted to reserve a cabana on Labadee or Coco Cay, I would email them a few weeks before.

Our Allure cruise is not until the first week of November. I can tell you that the Concierge's have not responded to my repeated E-mails for a request for a Labadee cabana. I even set the "read" flag and I have not gotten any verification that they even opened the E-mail.

our last cruise on Mariner, we did not receive any prior communication from the concierge; nor, did we receive our Diamond + pins nor a crustal block that we are due.

Yes, we have been contacted at least a couple of times. Seems like it was about a week before our cruise. Personally I can't think of anything to ask for... we don't do beach trips, so that's not an issue. They have been very nice and ask if there was something we might need. It's a nice touch.

Our Allure cruise is not until the first week of November. I can tell you that the Concierge's have not responded to my repeated E-mails for a request for a Labadee cabana. I even set the "read" flag and I have not gotten any verification that they even opened the E-mail.

our last cruise on Mariner, we did not receive any prior communication from the concierge; nor, did we receive our Diamond + pins nor a crustal block that we are due.

The Concierge doesn't have anything to do with your D+ pins or crystal block; that's the Loyalty Ambassador/Future Cruise Consultant's department.

I have found that, more often than not, I don't get a reply from the Concierge if I email a request, particularly if I'm not in a suite. Usually they do what I ask, but for some reason don't think that they need to confirm. A simple "done" would suffice...

Just curious to know who was contacted by the concierge on their trip and if so, on what ship and how soon before your trip? I have heard they prefer you not contact them until a few days before your cruise, I have a question/request from the concierge on my trip, but hesitant about bothering him.

We only stayed in a Grand Suite on two different occassions. The first time we received a packet in our suite giving us a key to the Concierge Lounge with information on what we were could expect (behind the screen tour, reservations to any specialty restaurant or tickets to the ice show if we needed them, etc.) The second time we received an E-Mail from him, two weeks before we were to sail, welcoming us onboard.

The Concierge is very busy helping people on their current cruise so I can understand why they rather you contact them a couple of weeks out. We saw the paper work they have on their desk, just for that week, so I can only imagine how hard it will be to keep up with requests a month to two away.

I say, if you have an E-Mail, contact them two weeks before you cruise, telling him/her that you look forward to meeting him/her and maybe something like; "if possible, do you think you can do this for me (mention your request.)

The Concierge doesn't have anything to do with your D+ pins or crystal block; that's the Loyalty Ambassador/Future Cruise Consultant's department.

I have found that, more often than not, I don't get a reply from the Concierge if I email a request, particularly if I'm not in a suite. Usually they do what I ask, but for some reason don't think that they need to confirm. A simple "done" would suffice...

We are always in a suite, so Concierge should take care of pre cruise issues.

Yeah, I know that the LA is responsible for the rest of the stuff, they did not. Guess I should not have put that in this post as I just confused the issue.;)

We are sailing on the Freedom in 11 days in a Grand Suite. I have contacted the concierge a couple of times already for requests. Some he was able to answer but the others(Labadee cabana,etc) he asked that I email him back 4 days before the cruise because that is when they start reserving them for guests of the next cruise. He also said that if my email is attached to my reservation, he will send out a welcome email outlining all of our suite perks and asking about cabanas at 4 days our from our cruise.

we sail sunday and had an email from them when we woke up this morning

Liberty we received emails from the concierge about a week before the cruise.

Kaz

Archived