Volendam to Alaska today

luvcruisn'

There is a blue hulled ship at Canada Place now but it is still misty and the sun is just starting to peek over the buildings. I take it that the Volendam has found its Canadian home for the next few months!:)

Ah, to be on the Volendam again heading for Alaska. Wishing i was there. It looks great sitting in the misty harbour.

All those leaving today have a great cruise.

Helen

I got your point, and fortunately, we will be on here in not more then 10 weeks….

Happy cruising

G E R D

Our marvelous cruises : :)

MS Ryndam – Wayfarer – March 1997

MS Noordam - Transatlantic Island Hook - April 2001

MS Volendam - Southern Caribbean - April 2002

MS Volendam - Westfarer Caribbean - April 2004

MS Prinsendam - Windmills & Waterford – September 2004

MS Westerdam - Western Caribbean - April 2005

MS Statendam - Hawaii Circle - September 2005

MS Rotterdam - Vikings and Czars – July 2006

MS Veendam - Southern Caribbean – March 2007

MS Volendam – Panama Canal – April 2008

MS Noordam – Mediterranean Enchantment – September 2009

MS Nieuw Amsterdam - Mediterranean Inaugural Cruise - July 2010

MS Nieuw Amsterdam - Mediterranean Empires - July 2010

MS Ryndam – North Cape Splendors - June 2011

193 days - 42'587 Nm :

3starMariner.gif

Future Cruises : :p

7 days MS Volendam – Glacier Bay Inside Passage, July 18, 2012

countdown.pl?image=alaska&name=Gerd&date=7-18-2012&text=Glacier%20Bay%20Inside%20Passage&ship=Volendam

14 days MS Amsterdam – Alaskan Adventure, July 27, 2012

countdown.pl?image=alaska&name=Gerd&date=7-27-2012&text=Alaskan%20Adventurer&ship=Amsterdam

HI Everyone,

We just got off the Volendam from our 37 day cruise from Auckland to Vancouver. We had a marvelous cruise. We had a very smooth crossing, the Staff was wonderful, and the ship is in great shape. Wish we could have stayed aboard for the first Alaska trip but we have to return to reality and pay some bills. :(

The weather is clearing so hopefully those onboard will have a sunny sailaway. We had a great CC group that got together often for happy hour, movies in a suite, wine tasting, playing cards and just having a good time.

Happy Sailing everyone.

HI Everyone,

We just got off the Volendam from our 37 day cruise from Auckland to Vancouver. We had a marvelous cruise. We had a very smooth crossing, the Staff was wonderful, and the ship is in great shape. Wish we could have stayed aboard for the first Alaska trip but we have to return to reality and pay some bills. :(

The weather is clearing so hopefully those onboard will have a sunny sailaway. We had a great CC group that got together often for happy hour, movies in a suite, wine tasting, playing cards and just having a good time.

Happy Sailing everyone.

Thanks for the report.

HI Everyone,

Happy Sailing everyone.

Thanks for your mini report. Sun is shining brightly down here in Steveston which is about 20 minutes from the airport. Safe flight home.:D

HI Everyone,

Happy Sailing everyone.

So pleased that you had a smooth Trans Pacific crossing, and a marvellous time on the beautiful Volendam.

Who was the Captain?

So pleased that you had a smooth Trans Pacific crossing, and a marvellous time on the beautiful Volendam.

Who was the Captain?

While I am not the OP I can answer your question :)

Jereon Baiijen is the Captain and his lovely wife Maybelle is the Guest Relations Manager. They were on the Oosterdam for just over 4 years but are enjoying the change of ships and itineraries. To the OP thanks for reporting in and safe journeys back home. Glad to hear it was a great smooth sailing crosing :)

While I am not the OP I can answer your question :)

Jereon Baiijen is the Captain and his lovely wife Maybelle is the Guest Relations Manager. They were on the Oosterdam for just over 4 years but are enjoying the change of ships and itineraries. To the OP thanks for reporting in and safe journeys back home. Glad to hear it was a great smooth sailing crosing :)

Thank you for your reply.

Do you know which ship Judy Shepheard who was Guest Relations Manager is now on?

Is Rene' Tuinman still the Hotel Manager on the Volendam?

Dreamer 575, are you on the roll call for May 16? We are also onthis cruise and looking for others to meet up with. Two weeks today, my third HAL cruise.....I do love cruising!

I am on the roll call! This is our 3rd HAL cruise. We had a momentary lapse in judgement and tried another line. We, along with both sets of parents, will be cruising the inside passage!

Although I started the thread, I was not actually on the ship. I had some friends who did the crossing, and also odleka reported in on the crossing. Thank you LAFFNVEGAS, for giving out the information about the Captain and his wife.

Does anyone know how the visit to Tracy Arm works on this itinerary? It shows that it is scenic cruising, but only from 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM. Any help would be appreciated.

A typo error perhaps. She sails into TracyArm quite early a.m. ( ~ 7;00am-ish ) and out by 10;30am or so...then on to Juneau for 1;00pm

Cheers

Archived