***Live from the Sojourn, 20-day Iberian and Celtic Sojourn***

Day 4: Enroute to Barcelona, Spain 7:00am-11:00pm

Good morning from the sleepy Sojourn. I just put in a wash at 5:20am to beat the launderette crowds...people can get nasty in that room and I prefer to do my washing of me "smalls" after hours.;)

We are currently cruising the spanish coastline and are scheduled to arrive into Barcelona at 7:00am. We are scheduled to dock at Terminal B in Puerto Adosado and NOT at the World Trade Centre as last time. Seabourn is running a complimentary shuttle every half hour from 9:30am until 7:00pm.

The weather forecast for today is a high of 21C or 70F under sunny skies. Will be an excellent night to either have dinner ashore or to have dinner at the Patio Grill -CHOP HOUSE.

They will be opening the Restaurant at 8:00am until 9:00am for breakfast and the Colonnade from 7:30am until 10:00am. I am surprised to see they will be opening the Restaurant today for lunch as well from 12:30pm until 1:30pm.

There are so many things to do in Barcelona, that I recommend you plan in advance especially if you would like to book ship tours. As I understand they are ALL SOLD OUT. The Sagra Familla, Las Ramblas, Plaza Cataluna, Gran Via, Gaudi Museum, Montjuic Palace and the Olympic Park, Barcelonetta Beach there are so many great things to do in Barcelona.

Well now going to throw my stuff in the dryer and then will be going to see Kevin in Seabourn Square my favourite barista for some coffee in 30 minutes time.

More to come from the Sojourn making our way closer towards Barcelona, Spain.

Day 4: Docked in Barcelona, Spain 7:00am-11:00pm

We have just now been tied and secured alongside our berth here in Barcelona, Spain at Terminal B, Puerto Asodado. The sun is now coming up over the W Hotel and it's a beautiful morning here in Barcelona.

I will be going up to the Collonnade in an hour's time, hopefully after the MAD House clears out for those people on early tours.

We are the only cruiseship here thus far in the Port of Barcelona which is strange. Usually there are several other ships alongside with us but then again it is a Monday.

More to come later this morning from the Sojourn here docked in Barcelona, Spain.;)

Post Breakfast Update;

Just came back from the Colonnade and it was a ZOO in there...people all over the place and not an empty seat in the house! Had the usual poached eggs on whole wheat toast and O.J.

I was very glad to get the heck out of there as people were pushing there way around the island set ups for breakfast items, going the wrong way and then turning itno you. We had people dropping plates and food and it look more like a WAR ZONE than the Colonnade!

I am now sipping on a good cup of coffee in Seabourn Square....a lot more peaceful here than upstairs. The plan for this morning is to go to the Central Market and sample some local delicassies and walk around last Ramblas and probably go into Corte Ingles to see what they have a new collections of clothing that we can't get in Canada.

The weather this morning is perfect and sunny and currently it is 19C or 68F...we might even be able to rename this cruise and ditch it's old name of the "Polar Express".

More to come later this morning from the Sojourn in Barcelona, Spain until 11:00pm tonight.;)

Activities Onboard Today;

7:00am Arrival

8:30am Local Hospitality Representative, Seabourn Square Deck 7

10:30am Golf-Putting Enthusiasts, The Retreat Deck 11

12:00 noon the Colonnade opens for Lunch until 2:00pm, Stir Fry

12:30pm Patio Grill opens for Lunch until 3:30pm, Wraps

2:00pm Spa Seminar, The Spa Deck 9

3:30pm Backgammon, Chess & Checkers Get-Together, the Club Deck 5

4:00pm Afternoon Tea and Melodies, Observation Bar Deck 10

5:30pm Friends of Bill W., Conference Room#1, Deck 5

Evening Activities Onboard;

Tonight's Attire: Resort Casual

6:30pm Panoramic Piano Moods Nick Messina, Observation Bar Deck 10

6:30pm-8:00pm Club Cocktails, The Club Deck 5

8:15pm-9:00pm Evening Melodies with Guitarist Brian Chartrand, Patio Bar

9:30pm Smooth Melodies with Nick, Observation Bar Deck 10

9:45pm SHOWTIME: Award Winning Guitarist Simitris Dekavallas, The Club

10:30pm All Aboard

11:00pm Departure: Sojourn set sail for Malaga, Spain.

ST

I just checked cruise-cal ~the Sojourn will be the only ship docked in Malaga tomorrow, May 8th. If you hear of anyone needing a private car/driver I can highly recommend "Marbelling Car Service" (google for their info) I've used them several times and they are excellent.

I was happy to see (April), Malaga had finally almost finished their cruise ship pier ~after years and years of building and repairing.

You'll probably want to stroll Calle Larios Blvd ~wonderful Tapas, Spanish wines and shopping! I always find beautiful clothing in Malaga ~

Have fun!:p

Martita

ST

If you do go and visit with Missy A., knowing her for many years she may be polite, but quite reserved and formal ~with her friends she's just the opposite ~always alot of fun and she, indeed, adds so much to the conversation. Miss A is dearly loved by the Seabourn Staff and Crew ~she is considered a "staff member!":p She goes beyond kindness to the Crew......and is always there for them. Also, I consider Miss A one of the best dressed ladies that sail Seabourn! Days and evenings ~

Martita B

ST

I just checked cruise-cal ~the Sojourn will be the only ship docked in Malaga tomorrow, May 8th. If you hear of anyone needing a private car/driver I can highly recommend "Marbelling Car Service" (google for their info) I've used them several times and they are excellent.

I was happy to see (April), Malaga had finally almost finished their cruise ship pier ~after years and years of building and repairing.

You'll probably want to stroll Calle Larios Blvd ~wonderful Tapas, Spanish wines and shopping! I always find beautiful clothing in Malaga ~

Have fun!:p

Martita

Martita ...we are in Malaga Spain on the 9th Wednesday and not tomorrow. I agree I love Malaga as well. Yes the cruise terminal pier should be finally finished as you said they have been working on it for years. Temperature forecast is for 90F or34C and sunny on Wednesday in Malaga...now this is starting to feel like a Med cruise.

Thanks for the heads up for a driver.;)

Have you managed to "chat up" Miss Witzke yet? and what was her response to you??

Have run into her a couple of times already but she's a creature of habit. Seabourn Square at 10:00am, Colonnade at 12 noon sharp when they open and doesn't stay more than 15 minutes and chows down and then in the evening her usual table #10 by the window with an Officer/Crew member that dines with her. She's pretty black and white as a person. The Funeral Business has been very kind to her.:eek:

Post Lunch Update;

Just came back from having a late lunch in the Colonnade whereby the natives were attacking just before they closed at 2:00pm. I had the fettucini alfredo and a couple of slices of the chicken and goat cheese pizza from the Patio Grill.

The weather here today is perfect currently 22C or 72F and under sunny skies and no winds. I will be heading out now on the shuttle bus into town and do walking around and stretch these sea legs once more before we head out to sea tonight. We have a full day at sea before we reach Malaga, Spain on Wednesday morning at 7:00am.

There are surprisingly a lot of people onboard that are taking full advantage of the weather and suntanning en masse by the pool.

More to come later today from the Sojourn here in Barcelona, Spain until 11:00pm tonight.

Dinner Options Onboard Tonight;

The Restaurant

FIRST COURSE

Citrus Marinated Smoked Halibut, ruby red grapefruit and ginger crackling

Curred & Roasted Lamb Loin, mango coulis, thai chillies, spicy mint oil

Truffled Corn & Mascarpone Tortellini, in sweet corn broth

Double Beef Consomme, sweet garlic flan

New England Clam Chowder, saffron essence

Dandellion Leaves Crisp Shallots, balsamic dressing

Fingerling Potato Salad, horseradish, quil eggs, double smoked bacon

MAIN COURSE

Golden Brioche Crusted Orange Roughie, couscous cake and shrimp dumplings

Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp, olive oil laced potato, warm tomato-fennel vinaigrette, fresh basil

Roasted Venison Sirloin, foie gras sauce and butternut mash

Grilled New York Steak, gorgonzolla croquettes, asparagus and wilted spinach

Vegetarian- Toasted Angel Hair Pasta, black trumpet mushrooms, roasted mushroom jus

Restaurant 2; REPEAT of LAST NIGHT

The Colonnade- Spanish

APPETIZERS

Poached Lobster

Avocado Tartar, Lime Dressing, Catalan Bread

or

Berinjenas Con Queso

Gratinated Eggplant, Tomato and Goat Cheese

or

Zarzuela

Seafood Soup with Saffron, Toasted Country Bread

MAIN COURSE

Paella Valencia

or

Castillon Stule Filet Mignon

Roasted Potatoes, Piquillos, Jus

DESSERTS

Creme Catalan

Caramel Sauce, Berry Compote

PATIO GRILL- CHOP HOUSE

APPETIZERS (FROM THE BUFFET)

Arugula and Watermelon Salad

Prawn Cocktail with Horseradish Cream

Marinated Mixed Seafood

Air Dried Beef, Pickled Vegetables

PIZZA (FROM THE BUFFET)

Parma, Brie and Carcioli

Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella, Brie, artichokes, Prosciutto

PASTA

Pappardelle with Braised Short Rib

English Peas, Cipollini Onions, Cherry Tomatoes

Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese

FROM THE GRILL

Beef Rib Eye Steak 12oz

Veal Chop 12 oz

Single Bone Lamb Chops 10oz

Salmon Cotelette 10oz

SIDINGS

Mixed Vegetables, sauteed Spinach, Truffled French Fries

SAUCES

Bernaise, Pepercorn, Garlic Butter

DESSERTS

Assorted Cheeses Plate

Cherry Crumble Tart

Moist Chocolate Cake with Meringue

Fresh Fruits

Ice Cream & Sorbet

Evening Update Onboard Sojourn in Barcelona, Spain;

What a great day in Barcelona. This city has so much energy all around. The markets were bustling and tourist abound everywhere. The weather today couldn't of been any better even tonight as I had dinner at the Patio Grill which was packed, not an empty table to be fund.

I had the Brie and Prosciutto Pizza, Shrimp Cocktail, side order of the pasta (pappardelle was cooked to perfection) and the Grilled Veal Chop was divine.

They also had a guitarist by the pool tonight and we had one very very happy passenger that was so looped he was dancing solo and speaking to the guitar or what it singing?:eek:...unbelieveable!

They also had made fresh Sangria which I sampled and it was quite tasty and good.

We set sail for Malaga, Spain in less than 1 hours time and have a good distance to travel over 475 nautical miles before we reach Malaga on Wednesday morning at 7:00am. Tomorrow is our first sea day of this first 8 day cruise and I am looking forward to it. I always love sea days.

More to come later this evening from the Sojourn about to set sail for Malaga, Spain.

Delayed Leaving Barcelona, Spain;

We are still tied up alongside our berth and it's currently 11:45pm. We were suppose to sail at 11:00pm but for some strange reason we are still here. It's very quite on this ship tonight nobody anywhere? Quite the ghost ship, then again the average age on this cruise has to be 80...very elderly crowd onboard this week.

We'll that being said...turning off the lights and going nite night now.

More to come from the Sojourn later tomorrow morning hopefully at sea enroute to Malaga, Spain.:confused:

Day 5: At Sea Enroute to Malaga, Spain

Good Morning from the sleepy and late Sojourn at sea enroute for Malaga, Spain. We finally left Barcelona last night just shortly after 1:30am over 2.5 hours late of our posted departure schedule. No one has a clue why we left late...maybe Mrs. Witzke knows?;)

We are currently travelling at 16.7 knots per hour and have moderate winds of 32 m.p.h or force 7 on the beaufort scale. We have travelled 76.1 nautical miles from Barcelona and have another 399 nautical miles to go before reaching Malaga, Spain on Wednesday morning at 7:00am.

Today is our first and only sea day on this 8 day cruise and I am looking forward to it. I am hoping for clear and sunny skies and warm temperatures. It's already 16C or 61F at 6:00am.

More to come from the Sojourn at sea just as soon as I can get a cup of coffee out of Kevin at Seabourn Square...stay tuned!:eek:

Activities Onboard Today;

9:30am Coffee Chat with Social Hostess Annabel:eek:, Seabourn Square

10:00am Navigational Bridge Visit (Repeated at 2:30pm)

10:30am Cooking Demonstration, Grand Salon Deck 6

10:30am Golf Putting -Prize Game, The Retreat Deck 11

12:00 noon the Colonnade opens for lunch until 2:00pm, British

12:00pm Sojourn Team Trivia Challenge, The Club Deck 5

12:30pm Patio Grill Opens for Lunch 3:30pm, Mixed Grill

12:30pm The Restaurant Opens for Lunch un til 1:30pm

2:00pm Unhosted Social Bridge Play, Card Room Deck 7

2:30pm Seabourn Speaker Series:"Cadiz, Portimao & Lisbon", Grand Salon

3:00pm Spa Seminar, the spa Deck 9

3:30pm Shuffleboard-Prize Game, The Retreat, Deck 11

4:00pm Chocoholics Tea Time and Melodies, Observation Bar Deck 10

5:30pm Friends of Bill W., Conference room#1, Deck 5

Activities Onboard Tonight;

Tonight's Attire: Elegantly Casual

6:30pm Panoramic Piano Moods with Nick, Observation Bar Deck 10

6:30pm Club Cocktails, The Club Deck 5

9:30pm Smooth Melodies with nick, Observation Bar Deck 10

9:45pm SHOWTIME: I Write the Songs", Grand Salon Deck 6

Pre-Breakfast Update;

No one out this morning! We have had 1 other person other than myself in Seabourn Square. The Colonnade and Restaurant both do not open until 8:00am or in 30 minutes time when we are at sea. I wish Seabourn would open for breakfast earlier than 8:00am for us early morning risers!:eek:

The sun is out this morning in full force and the winds are still pretty strong and there is a little movement being felt and the ship is vibrating a bit and moving side to side a little.

They are calling for a high temperature today at sea of 30C or 86F, it;s currently 20C or 68F.

We'll going to shower now and then head up to the Colonnade for some breakfast. They are calling for 97F or 36C tomorrow in Malaga and the same the following day in Cadiz...yeah bring on the HEAT!

More to come later this morning from the Sojourn at sea enroute to Malaga, Spain.

Going to have my favourite sort of day on board SB, what with sunny skies, Cooking demo and CHOCOHOLICS tea time .... Now please ST tell me gently what choc goodies you stuff your face with at tea time, you know I'll be wishing I was there!

Chocolate coated Nigerian Shrimp anyone????? ;):D

Did you splurge out on any new outfits in Barcelona? I can't type Barcelona without that amazing Queen song coming into my head!

Did you have dinner with Annabel?

Pre-Breakfast Update;

I wish Seabourn would open for breakfast earlier than 8:00am for us early morning risers!:eek:

I wish they would open later!:eek:

On the Legend last year we even missed the "Late Risers Breakfast" (10AM - 10:30AM) on 3 of our 7 mornings. I guess staying till closing at the club each evening then chatting with the band afterwards took it's toll.... :D

We did thoroughly enjoy the full service breakfast in the deserted MDR on the mornings that we managed to get up before lunch - no way will I risk a ZOO environment in the Verandah Cafe on my vacation!

I wish they would open later!:eek:

On the Legend last year we even missed the "Late Risers Breakfast" (10AM - 10:30AM) on 3 of our 7 mornings. I guess staying till closing at the club each evening then chatting with the band afterwards took it's toll.... :D

We did thoroughly enjoy the full service breakfast in the deserted MDR on the mornings that we managed to get up before lunch - no way will I risk a ZOO environment in the Verandah Cafe on my vacation!

Here on the Sojourn it has it's moments when the ATTACK the Colonnade. Apparently last night while they were ATTACKING the Patio Grill they were also ATTACKING the Colonnade and everyone ended up ordring the Lobster and Avocado appetizer that put the Chef into a tailspin and they had to prepare 40 more appetizers in a jiffy.

How would I be able to close the Clubs and Blog at 6:15am with Kevin in Seabourn Square?:eek::confused::eek:

Going to have my favourite sort of day on board SB, what with sunny skies, Cooking demo and CHOCOHOLICS tea time .... Now please ST tell me gently what choc goodies you stuff your face with at tea time, you know I'll be wishing I was there!

Chocolate coated Nigerian Shrimp anyone????? ;):D

Did you splurge out on any new outfits in Barcelona? I can't type Barcelona without that amazing Queen song coming into my head!

Did you have dinner with Annabel?

Firstly I refuse to mention the bug eyed little critters...covered in chocolate or not. I will report back on all chocolate treats that I had to sample for Quality Assurance reasons.:D

There wasn't anything at Desigual or Cortes Ingles that I saw that was all that exciting...credit cards were safe and had a day off.;)

Annabel and I are going to have lunch as well later in the cruise together.

?

I guess you are referring to the evocative Mercury/ Caballe duet.

This was not actually an offering from the pop group " Queen". Unless you were referring to Freddie where the soubriquet would be appropriate of course:eek:

Post Lunch Update; at Sea enroute to Malaga, Spain

Just came back from having lunch in the Colonnade and I should of went when they opened at 12 noon as going at 1:00pm was the worst possible time...TOTAL MAHEM and CHAOS....amazing how feeble little old people can suddendly sprint to a buffet bar.:eek: Was like "Black Friday at a Target!"

I ordered the pasta dish which today was the Angel Hair pasta in a creamy sauce with Salmon. It is one of my most favorite dishes on Seabourn. Had some antipasto to begin with and for dessert the apple pie with vanilla ice cream.

The Captain made his twelve noon annoucement and explained to us all that the reason we left much later last night was due to our bunkering operations that took much longer. He assured us that the further delay would not affect our arrival time into Malaga tomorrow morning for 7:00am.

We are also once again without satelite tv. Yesterday we had the same problem from the time we arrived until almost 6:00pm. We don't even have FOX. The Stage/Production Manager is responsable for this and can't say he's on my Christmas Card list. It's such an ordeal having to call Reception and they aren't aware of the problem and by the time they get ahold of this minon or he decides to answer his page/phone it can be hours.:mad: Oh well, at least we have internet uninterrupted!:D

The sun is out and our current temperature is 21C or 70F with strong winds of 35 m.p.h or force 7 on the Beaufort scale. We have another 270 nautical miles until we reach Malaga, Spain.

More to come later today from the Sojourn along the Spanish coastline making our way towards Malaga.;)

Archived