C&A Membership Using 1988 Sailing Info

I cruised back in 1988 on the Song of Norway to the Southern Caribbean. I'm happy to say that I'm back to cruising again and I wanted to join C&A. I called them to inquire about this and unfortunately, they don't keep records that far back. They told me that to join all I needed to do was prove that I had been on that sailing. They would accept pictures of me on the ship. Thank goodness I bought the pictures they took of myself with the captain and boarding the ship in various ports. I emailed the pictures to C&A and I was enrolled! My question is: They only gave me 1 cruise point.:( Does anyone know if this is right? Should I call and fight for the points for a 7 day cruise that I took or is that a waste of time? Thanks for any ideas!

I think it will actually convert to 8 because it will be 7 + 1 since they gave 1 extra day for gold conversions.

That's why we have that extra point I could never figure out where it came from.

Oh Good idea! I should look up the information for our 2001 cruise! They would prob have that information, right? What all information did you provide when you called... besides the pictures?

THANKS!!!!!

Same story here...they had to be purchased ships pictures and Mom had my boarding pass behind the pictures. I'm still trying to get the points that I earned as well. They just need to see that you in fact cruised with them with certainty.

Same story here...they had to be purchased ships pictures and Mom had my boarding pass behind the pictures. I'm still trying to get the points that I earned as well. They just need to see that you in fact cruised with them with certainty.

I didn't have the boarding pass anymore. I've had too many moves since then to keep track of it; besides, who knew they would be needed? I was able to join with just the pictures but I only show 1 point. I'm not sure if it's one point because it needs to be converted to the new point system or it's a "token" point just to get me enrolled. I figure if they believe that I was really on that ship and obviously they did, they should give me the points to go with it. Did you call them and inquire about getting the full points?

I didn't have the boarding pass anymore. I've had too many moves since then to keep track of it; besides, who knew they would be needed? I was able to join with just the pictures but I only show 1 point. I'm not sure if it's one point because it needs to be converted to the new point system or it's a "token" point just to get me enrolled. I figure if they believe that I was really on that ship and obviously they did, they should give me the points to go with it. Did you call them and inquire about getting the full points?

Yes they have been really good just in my case need to see the boarding pass for the second cruise. I just have to get over to Mom's to get it again. I'm supposed to have 14 and they have only yet credited me 7. At this point, I'm happy that I have that. It's been good customer service just some confusion.

PS Because of this and other things that have happened I'm a total saver of receipts and boarding passes....

Oh Good idea! I should look up the information for our 2001 cruise! They would prob have that information, right? What all information did you provide when you called... besides the pictures?

THANKS!!!!!

Your cruise information should be in their system, just call C&A.

###

Your cruise information should be in their system, just call C&A.

###

Thanks for the "push" to call them. I just did and was told that they should show up in about a week. An email was forthcoming as well. Great customer service there. I'm a happy camper!:D

Archived